Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Can You Make Call While Waiting For The Traffic Light To Turn Green - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can You Make Call While Waiting For The Traffic Light To Turn Green (428 Views)

Ritualist Dies While Waiting For Human Head, Wrists In Ilorin / Kenyan Thief Lies Comfortably On Street Light To Avoid Beating (Photo) / Policemen Arrested At A Bank While Waiting To Extort Men Of N1 Million. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Make Call While Waiting For The Traffic Light To Turn Green by pimper24: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
This is what the law said :
Making use of your phone is forbidden while the in motion. This is under the Traffic Regulations made pursuant to the FRSC Act.

I was wrongly booked and my car roughly towed spoiling the fender and the break components cos the leg break was matched down when I was pulled over.

What happened? They were obviously on road eforcement. VIO, Civil Defense, Police and FRSC. I was a bit bored cos it was a long wait due to the obstruction they caused in the ensuing commotion of arrest of motorists with policemen and women brandishing their rifles in menacing ways.
I changed the car stereo from FM to one of my favorite songs and sang along. The FRSC guy obviously overzealous for reasons I could not immediately fathom, made straight to my car looking very livid. He just stood in front of my car while the police sorounded me. I was a bit scared and demanded for my offence. "You were making call", the FRSC guy said. I was just hearing park park park. I simply pulled off the road and before you say jack straw, my car is already hanging at the back of a crane.
They just said I should go to the VIO office at Mabushi and pay.
I paid and got back the car same day. The superior officer there said the car would not have been towed if I was not bragging that I was a lawyer.
My goodness. I tell you it is a zoo that someone called it.
I then decided that I will show truly that I am a lawyer since they vigorously demanded it.
I have demanded a refund of the wrongly billed penalty, the cost of repairs of my damaged car and damages of 10m.
I am warming up for court if they fail to comply within stipulated time
I am a lawyer but let me ask this question here again. I have gone through the traffic laws and the regulations pursuant to the FRSC Act. Are motorists forbidden from using phone while stationary and not moving but waiting for the traffic light to turn green. this is relating to a separate incident involving other Nigerians cos in my case, I did not even touch my phone, but assuming I did while waiting for the light to turn green, is it a traffic offence?
The answer is in the negative as explained above.
Please share this let Nigerians be enlightened.
Re: Can You Make Call While Waiting For The Traffic Light To Turn Green by chukskafor(m): 7:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
Yes but don't get caught; if an frsc official catches you in that condition, you will know the difference between half a dozen and six

You can ask @Kelvin30286063 how far
Re: Can You Make Call While Waiting For The Traffic Light To Turn Green by drmikeadams(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
pimper24:
Making use of your phone is forbidden while the in motion. This is under the Traffic Regulations made pursuant to the FRSC Act.

I was wrongly booked and my car roughly towed spoiling the fender and the break components cos the leg break was matched down when I was pulled over.

What happened? They were obviously on road eforcement. VIO, Civil Defense, Police and FRSC. I was a bit bored cos it was a long wait due to the obstruction they caused in the ensuing commotion of arrest of motorists with policemen and women brandishing their rifles in menacing ways.
I changed the car stereo from FM to one of my favorite songs and sang along. The FRSC guy obviously overzealous for reasons I could not immediately fathom, made straight to my car looking very livid. He just stood in front of my car while the police sorounded me. I was a bit scared and demanded for my offence. "You were making call", the FRSC guy said. I was just hearing park park park. I simply pulled off the road and before you say jack straw, my car is already hanging at the back of a crane.
I paid and got back the car same day. The superior officer there said the car would not have been towed if I was not bragging that I was a lawyer.
I then decided that I will show truly that I am a lawyer since they vigorously demanded it.
I have demanded a refund of the wrongly billed penalty, the cost of repairs of my damaged car and damages of 10m.
I am a lawyer but let me ask this question here again. I have gone through the traffic laws and the regulations pursuant to the FRSC Act. Are motorists forbidden from using phone while stationary and not moving but waiting for the traffic light to turn green. this is relating to a separate incident involving other Nigerians cos in my case, I did not even touch my phone, but assuming I did while waiting for the light to turn green, is it a traffic offence?

Ride on lawyer,, , those clowns re doing any how these days...when u get that ten mill, , share Com my side..
Re: Can You Make Call While Waiting For The Traffic Light To Turn Green by drmikeadams(m): 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
pimper24:

They should produce video proof that u made a call....hope u get one person name?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Make Call While Waiting For The Traffic Light To Turn Green by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 19, 2021
I keep saying these Nigerian insecurity forces and unlawful enforcement agencies always go out of their way to recruit f**king bonobos into their ranks. You want a job with any of them? Go for a brain surgery to remove your brain and replace it with saw dust.

(1) (Reply)

Army Recovers AK-47 Rifles As Bandits’ Leader Nasanda Escapes In Zamfara / Trigger-happy Cop Kills Five Enugu Youths, Injures Four / “I Am The One Smoking In The Trending Video" - Chidinma Ojukwu Admits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.