Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges (34467 Views)

Nigerian Ashley Adirika Accepted Into All 8 Ivy League Schools In US / Professor Femi Odekunle Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by chii8(f): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2021
Congratulations to the young lad.

2 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Princealoba(m): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2021
MIT, now admitting med student..?

OfoIgbo:
He should have applied to MIT and Harvard university. As far as I am concerned, the two most prestigious higher institutions of learning in the US. And he may have gotten them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 19, 2021
Najdorf:
The issue with attending Ivy league schools as an international student is getting accepted is already hard but when you get accepted you still have to pay their $60000+ yearly tuition. Full scholarships are extremely rare if not non-existent and even if you're really exceptional the highest scolarship you might get might be around $25000. So in the end, if your parents aren't loaded you're out of luck.

Congrats to the boy anyways!

He may qualify for some form of financial assistance...though it won't necessarily cover all the fees.

Also, if he does well academically, he may get more financial assitance. He could also qualify for a loan too.

4 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by SmartPolician: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2021
Amotolongbo:
If my child is interested in Medicine, I will prefer John Hopkins, not even Ivy League

Because Dr. Ben Carson attended John Hopkins. cheesy cheesy

True.... Ben Carson didn't attend John Hopkins; he merely worked there.

2 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Marleek(m): 11:14am On Apr 19, 2021
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2021
Princealoba:
MIT, now admitting med student..?

They don't, but if he took the right kind of courses ...he may qualify to get into med school

Also, getting into med school in the US...means you must pass the MCAT...which you don't neccesarily need to be a pre-med student to take.
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by AlexB300: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2021
Was expecting to see hassan mammoud embarassed

1 Like

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 19, 2021
SmartPolician:

He didn't attend John Hopkins, he worked in the hospital.

6 Likes

OfoIgbo:
He should have applied to MIT and Harvard university. As far as I am concerned, the two most prestigious higher institutions of learning in the US. And he may have gotten them
The guy is nor studying law or Business that you can recommend Harvard, and he's not into engineering or technology you can talk of MIT. He choose the best IVys for his course of study oga. Biology -- Medicine.

Amotolongbo:
Those are the ones you know and hear their names often in Nigeria .

All Ivy League schools are good
You actually diagnosed the guy well. Lol..

11 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 19, 2021
SmartPolician:

Carson went to Yale for his undergraduate studies. For med school, he went to University of Michigan's medical school. For residency, he ended up at Johns hopkins' teaching hospital ..where he ended up working as a pediatric neurosurgeon after he finished residency.

3 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by AlexB300: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2021
UDbester:
I was expecting to see a name from the region of quota system but to my greatest dismay there wasn't any
e be like say na only this country dem dey succeed. I’m waiting for then to prove me wrong. I have nothing against them sha cool
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Amotolongbo(f): 11:23am On Apr 19, 2021
SmartPolician:

Which Ben Carson?
I don’t really rate Ben Carson so high in the way many of you Nigerians do. Though I respect him, I still believe that he is so much packaged in literature for the political career he ventured into.

Johns Hopkins has always been in the news with the COVID19 stats
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by HRSweetness(f): 11:24am On Apr 19, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Of course they are all good.

It's just that I feel he could also get into MIT and Harvard, with his pedigree.

If I were him or his parents, I will make an attempt at upgrading to Harvard.

His career goal is in the medical field. John Hopkins is more like it. MIT and Harvard, not best choice

4 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Dpharisee: 11:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Philipponzaghi:
It’s always Yoruba.

Yoruba Lagba!
Tomorrow they will repackage a quota system general and you will line up to vote for him against this young man
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:28am On Apr 19, 2021
Another Yoruba brain out of Yorubaland!
Millions of kids like this being stolen by the west because we want to be in a Nigeria where over half the population doesn't believe in education!

We must wake up by force!

1 Like

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by HRSweetness(f): 11:29am On Apr 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

The guy is nor studying law or Business that you can recommend Harvard, and he's not into engineering or technology you can talk of MIT. He choose the best IVys for his course of study oga. Biology -- Medicine.

You actually diagnosed the guy well. Lol..

Thank you. Peace, Joy and Love be unto you indeed.

2 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by mahkanjuh: 11:33am On Apr 19, 2021
That's my uncle and His family, his Brother Emmanuel achieved the similar feat about a year or few years ago. lovely Guys

3 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2021
Some people will still come here and display bitterness and jealousy. We all know who those people are.
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by koladebrainiac(m): 11:37am On Apr 19, 2021
with his knowledge, it's Doctor she wants to go learn? what happens to quantum physics, science and mechanics or advanced IT courses?

3 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by scait(m): 11:37am On Apr 19, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Na you add Johns Hopkins to the Ivy League?

oga .. you don forget to add funaab
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by jimter44(m): 11:39am On Apr 19, 2021
JovialJune:

John Hopkins is an ivy league school.

John Hopkins is not an Ivy league school.

4 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by SmartyPants(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Who told you he didn't apply there?
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Akuruoulo(m): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2021
Queenlovely:
most Nairaland member will only see the pimple face and not the brilliant brain
U are a culprit. Na u even make me check am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by selemempe: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2021
Ghostrye:

upgrade??, they are all ivy league schools, one isn't particularly better than the other, just your personal opinion/choice.
lol do you know the meaning of the 'ivy league' in that ivy League? It's actually a league...a sports League. University of California Berkeley is not among that league but it's the 2nd best university in the world. All ivy League are not actually the same...they may play in the ivy League but Harvard and MIT are top dogs

1 Like

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Viktoro1: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2021
Yoruba Amaka!!
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by neyohh: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2021
The Nigerians we want!

Those of you smoking Igbo wasting your life away on sex and drug's, use your brains.

The world hates brain dead negro's.

This guy will dine with kings!
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by QueenVaji: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2021
JovialJune:

John Hopkins is an ivy league school.

:
Amotolongbo:
Na you add Johns Hopkins to the Ivy League?

wink cheesy cheesy
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Odewaleadesoye(m): 11:49am On Apr 19, 2021
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2021
neyohh:
The Nigerians we want!

Those of you smoking Igbo wasting your life away on sex and drug's, use your brains.

The world hates brain dead negro's.

This guy will dine with kings!
You that you are not smoking Igbo and having no sex, what have you done?
Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:56am On Apr 19, 2021
CalabarPikin:
Nice one

My children will do better

So shall it be!

2 Likes

Re: David Odekunle Accepted Into 7 Ivy League Colleges by neyohh: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2021
CamusMidas:

You that you are not smoking Igbo and having no sex, what have you done?

A lot.. just picture a much older version of the guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Usman Danfodio University Students Reading Under The Moonlight / WAEC: Imo Schools Charge Students N2,000 Per Subject To Allow Cheating - SR / Nemitari Ajienka Becomes The Youngest Lecturer At Edge Hill University, UK (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.