Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,931 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Is It Compulsory For Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Compulsory For Christians? (169 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory For Christians? by hgnbello(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Is It Compulsory For A Christian Woman To Cover Their Hair While Praying?
Re: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Kobojunkiee: 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
hgnbello:
no
Re: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Ammishaddai: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
The bible is clear on this matter. I just do not know why people keep twisting God's rules on such
Re: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Casham: 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
Nowhere is it written that a woman MUST cover. Paul was just saying that a woman's hair is given to her as a covering. A man's hair is not for covering, so he can cut it. But if a woman iss going to cut her hair at all, she should shave it altogether, as a form of shame, and then use some other form of covering i.e veil. And that injunction was Paul's personal view, not a command from the Lord.
See? I am not even christian, but I can see how simple it is. Stop complicating things for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Kobojunkiee: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Jesus Christ is the one who commands His servants, not Paul. And we know that in the Kingdom of God, there are no different rules for males and for females and so ideas that divide along even gender lines are become meaningless. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by Ihedinobi3: 9:32am On Apr 21, 2021
hgnbello:

Hello there.

I don't see that in the Bible.

13  Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.
1Co 11:13 — 1Co 11:15 (NASB)

The above is what I read.

The issue that Paul was addressing was one of dressing the hair decently. Some practices by the Gentiles involved leaving women's hair untidy. Paul was telling the Corinthians that this ought not to be the case with Christian women. Their hair was to be well dressed in order to communicate their appreciation of the authority it symbolized for the angels.

Cheers.

Edited for correction.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For Christians? by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:35am On Apr 21, 2021
Yes...... While praying or prophesying.

(1) (Reply)

New Covenant Vrs The Old Covenant / Meditate On This Tonight. / 30 Nights/days Of Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.