Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth (421 Views)

5 Signs That You Would Financially Successful / 4 Reasons You Would Remain Average Financially / 4 Habits Of Financially Smart People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by MacWin155(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
I'm at a point where I wonder if I'm getting it right or I'm slowly walking down the road to financial despair.

I have dreams and aspirations(had the idea of creating an app, one of my plans last year), but circumstances thwart the possibly fruition of this.

Now I wonder if some persons where born to be rich and others wallow in penury.

What advice can you give to me??
Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by Ammishaddai: 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
I see you have the zeal to be successful but your pessimistic mind won't let you go beyond. So here's my advice : start reading books that will keep you positive and focused on your goals. Once you can do this and implement the principles, you'll be on your way to success faster than you can possibly think

1 Like

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2021
I'm on this table bro.

Diff is: I'm presently employed, a 9-5 blue collar job. I work Saturdays and exposed to hazardous chemicals that won't affect me now but in future.

I used to think I've arrived when my ppa retained me after service with a whooping monthly pay of 60k in 2020, fast forward into 2021 my financial needs grew bigger, I had to borrow to pay bills before salary comes, I no longer have time for myself. The most painful part is how I go broke every mid-month. Last week I made up my mind that I was going to quit my job and go into e-hailing services like uber and bolt, I have a good saving culture so I think I'll thrive in that plus I don't have to go broke every mid-month like before. Imagine not being able to eat cos gas got finished and the budget placed for gas wasn't enough cos of an unexpected hike in the cost of gas per kg.

In a bid to have a side hustle, I was scammed off my gas money and I'm just here hungry with my food stuffs staring at me.

9-5 is a scam, I've been there and I'm saying this from experience.

I'm a professional tailor btw but my 9-5 took that away from me. I only have sundays for myself, who works Monday to Saturday and choose to make dress on Sunday when you have to rest and possibly do laundry and house chores? Good thing is that I'm set for my tailoring in terms of equipment but I can't just quit and go into tailoring. Money in tailoring doesn't come on a daily like taxi's does so I'll have to learn driving and start by what I can be earning from on a daily to get me on my feet to start my tailoring in the best of financial clime.

I was born poor, infact I still send my parents money but I believe I won't die like this and neither will they even if age is not on any of our sides.

We will make this money bro, aswear we will. If you can dream it, forget it bro, just don't be distracted, you'll achieve it. I'm not motivating you, I'm just stating a fact.

6 Likes

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOzigi:
I'm on this table bro.

Diff is: I'm presently employed, a 9-5 blue collar job. I work Saturdays and exposed to hazardous chemicals that won't affect me now but in future.

I used to think I've arrived when my ppa retained me after service with a whooping monthly pay of 60k in 2020, fast forward into 2021 my financial needs grew bigger, I had to borrow to pay bills before salary comes, I no longer have time for myself. The most painful part is how I go broke every mid-month. Last week I made up my mind that I was going to quit my job and go into e-hailing services like uber and bolt, I have a good saving culture so I think I'll thrive in that plus I don't have to go broke every mid-month like before. Imagine not being able to eat cos gas got finished and the budget placed for gas wasn't enough cos of an unexpected hike in the cost of gas per kg.

In a bid to have a side hustle, I was scammed off my gas money and I'm just here hungry with my food stuffs staring at me.

I'm a professional tailor btw but my 9-5 took that away from me. I only have sundays for myself, who works Monday to Saturday and choose to make dress on Sunday when you have to rest and possibly do laundry and house chores? Good thing is that I'm set for my tailoring in terms of equipment but I can't just quit and go into tailoring. Money in tailoring doesn't come on a daily like taxi's does so I'll have to learn driving and start by what I can be earning from on a daily to get me on my feet to start my tailoring in the best of financial clime.

I was born poor, infact I still send my parents money but I believe I won't die like this and neither will they even if age is not on any of our sides.

We will make this money bro, aswear we will. If you can dream it, forget it bro, just don't be distracted, you'll achieve it. I'm not motivating you, I'm just stating a fact.
Bros 9 to 5 isn't a scam. If you were working at ExxonMobil, you will love 9 to 5.

1 Like

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros 9 to 5 isn't a scam. If you were working at ExxonMobil, you will love 9 to 5.

I totally disagree bro. you'll eventually outgrow the payment.

I have classmates back in school who left such jobs for a self employed clime. You don't influence the salary increment in any way. I repeat, you'll outgrow it with time.

The thought of going to work tomorrow self is making me want to puke, not just going to work but going to work when and how I don't want to.

I've been an entrepreneur before I secured the job, I'm a pro tailor remember. I've tested the two and I tell you the tailor paid me better. I actually took the offer hoping I can double my hustle but before I knew it, I was soaked in my 9-5.

You can't become rich with a 9-5 without stealing, name one 9-5er that's rich and hasn't soiled his/her hands before.

Now tell me how many 9-5ers made it to the forbes list of late or in the past. those on the list were once a 9-5ers but they didn't make it to the list working for someone. I hope that will sink in.

3 Likes

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOzigi:

I have classmates back in school who left such jobs for a self employed clime. You don't influence the salary increment in any way. I repeat, you'll outgrow it with time.

The thought of going to work tomorrow self is making me want to puke, not just going to work but going to work when and how I don't want to.

I've been an entrepreneur before I secured the job, I'm a pro tailor remember. I've tested the two and I tell you the tailor paid me better. I actually took the offer hoping I can double my hustle but before I knew it, I was soaked in my 9-5.

You can't become rich with a 9-5 without stealing, name one 9-5er that's rich and hasn't soiled his/her hands before.

Now tell me how many 9-5ers made it to the forbes list of late or in the past. those on the list were once a 9-5ers but they didn't make it to the list working for someone. I hope that will sink in.
There are a ton of billionaire 9 to 5 people. People get jobs in startups and those startups become billion dollar companies and they cash out their equity. What of top CEO's and other managers. They make hundreds of millions every year working. Your entrepreneurship paid more than your job because the job pay is too low. 60k Is not even up to 150 USD for a whole month of work. 30 days 9 to 5. That's not even up to 3000 USD in a whole year.

If you had a very good paying job that was giving you at least one million naira every month alongside other benefits you will love the 9 to 5 lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

There are a ton of billionaire 9 to 5 people. People get jobs in startups and those startups become billion dollar companies and they cash out their equity. What of top CEO's and other managers. They make hundreds of millions every year working. Your entrepreneurship paid more than your job because the job pay is too low. 60k Is not even up to 150 USD for a whole month of work. 30 days 9 to 5. That's not even up to 3000 USD in a whole year.

If you had a very good paying job that was giving you at least one million naira every month alongside other benefits you will love the 9 to 5 lifestyle.

That didn't sink in.....

No CEO works 9-5, they control their working time and that of their employees including the managers as well.

Talking of getting a better paid job reminds me of how I felt when I first got my offer. I outgrew it.

1m isn't even as big as you're picturing it if you start earning it, this is the point you're not getting. You outgrow any money being paid to you as salary or wage especially when you are not avail the time to put the money in proper usage even if you're working for shell or exxonmobil. I doubt if you've ever worked a 9-5 to be so sure of what you're saying.

Time is of the essence regardless of how little or big one earns, 9-5 controls your time and that is what you can't get back if lost. I didn't know about this until I have dresses to make at home and I'll be in the office wasting cos our chemical warehouse is empty and I'll get home tired without doing anything for that day.

We are humans, we always have the drive to earn an extra buck to what we earned yesterday. That urge can only be serviced if you're a CEO and not an employee to exxonmobil or shell.

6 Likes

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by dingbang(m): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
Just leave woman.
Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by janga02(m): 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOzigi:
I'm on this table bro.

I understand your plight bro,

But make sure you have something that can take care of your basic needs before you resign from that job.

Things are really tough for low incone salary earner these days. Couple with hyper inflation we are experiencing currently. May God ease our affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by showafrica(m): 3:03am On Apr 19, 2021
KingOzigi:

Any rich 9 - 5 stole money and wasn't caught. You left tailoring for 60k job, thats unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 19, 2021
janga02:

I understand your plight bro,

But make sure you have something that can take care of your basic needs before you resign from that job.

Things are really tough for low incone salary earner these days. Couple with hyper inflation we are experiencing currently. May God ease our affairs.

Amen bro. And thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by MacWin155(m): 1:16am On Jul 01, 2021
Ammishaddai:
I see you have the zeal to be successful but your pessimistic mind won't let you go beyond. So here's my advice : start reading books that will keep you positive and focused on your goals. Once you can do this and implement the principles, you'll be on your way to success faster than you can possibly think

Thanks a lot for this... I really appreciate... I try to fight the negativity, but it's overwhelming sometimes...
Re: Best Advice To A Financially Struggling Youth by MacWin155(m): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2021
I'm on this table bro.

There's a reason I'm seeing this right now... I'm at the lowest point of my life... My head is full of suicidal thoughts... I will not carry them out,it's impossible... But it's to show how low my soul has sunken...

We will make it bro... We will... Thanks... I really felt the truth and pain in your write-up... Success in your endeavours bro... I honestly wish you all the best...

(1) (Reply)

Buisness / Ịgba Boi: Nigerian Scheme Creating Billionaires / Urgent 5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.