Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick (1308 Views)

Kenyan Man Dies In A Fight With Man Having Sex With His Wife (Graphic photos) / Kenyan Man Drives Nails Into Man's Head After Catching Him With His Wife (Graphi / Kenyan Man Shares Nude Photo Of Daughter On Facebook. Users Call For His Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Newsmond: 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
A 38-year-old married man has been arrested by Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Kenya for the brutal murder of his side chick.

The suspect, who is identified as Evans Karani is accused of murdering 25-year-old Catherine Nyokabi in Witeithie area, Juja in Kiambu County.

The suspect attempted to discard Nyokabi’s body on Wednesday after the brutal murder but his efforts were thwarted by mud which was confirmed by the Juja Sub-County Directorate of Criminal Investigations Officer (DCIO), Richard Mwaura.

While transporting Nyokabi’s body in his car, Karani’s vehicle got stuck in mud on Bob Harris road in Juja, forcing him to flee, leaving the body and car behind, the DCI said.

Police, who arrived at the scene following a report by locals, verified the car ownership from the National Transport and Safety Authority’s Registrar of Motor Vehicles.

A hunt for Karani was, consequently, launched by a multi-agency team comprising police, DCI officers and the agency’s Crime Research and Intelligence Bureau (CRIB) officer.

Karani was tracked by detective via phone signal in his rented apartment in Githurai Kimbo area, where they arrested the suspect on Friday morning, April 16.

According to the authorities, Nyokabi’s body had been burnt using a corrosive chemical.

“She was badly disfigured. Besides the burn injuries, she had bruises on the face and head. It appears she was tortured before being killed,” a detective told The Standard.

Authorities said the suspect confessed to killing Nyokabi, a hotel worker in Kahawa Wendani, following a bitter conflict, which they had been embroiled in for the past two weeks.

Karani, who is married, reportedly told police Nyokabi was his secret lover.

The deceased’s father, Gitonga Njogu, told The Standard that initial reports suggested his daughter, the first born in a family of four children, died in a road accident.

“On Facebook, certain people were claiming my child was killed in a car crash in Juja. However, when we got to see her body at the City Mortuary, we were shocked. The visible injuries clearly indicated Nyokabi’s cause of death was not a road accident as had been alleged,” said Njogu.

“My girl (Nyokabi) was hard-working, cheerful and very loving. Her future was promising,” said Njogu while attempting to balance a tear in his eyes.

The old man said Nyokabi had, in the past, introduced Karani to him as her suitor.

“I knew them to be lovers. Just like in any other relationship, they had differences, which I would help them iron out. Two weeks ago, my daughter said she and Karani had broken up. I told her, it was okay; she shouldn’t cling onto a relationship in which she was unhappy. That was the last time I heard of the suspect.”

Karani will be arraigned on Monday, April 19, when detectives would seek to detain him longer to allow for investigations to be completed.

source : https://www.newsmond.com/married-kenyan-man-arrested-for-the-brutal-murder-of-his-side-chick/

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Buharidgeneral: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
Very pathetic .
Rio

1 Like

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Buharidgeneral: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
Very pathetic .
Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by delzbaba(m): 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Wicked soul

1 Like

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Killermamba: 7:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
Newsmond:
A 38-year-old married man has been arrested by Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Kenya for the brutal murder of his side chick.

The suspect, who is identified as Evans Karani is accused of murdering 25-year-old Catherine Nyokabi in Witeithie area, Juja in Kiambu County.

The suspect attempted to discard Nyokabi’s body on Wednesday after the brutal murder but his efforts were thwarted by mud which was confirmed by the Juja Sub-County Directorate of Criminal Investigations Officer (DCIO), Richard Mwaura.

While transporting Nyokabi’s body in his car, Karani’s vehicle got stuck in mud on Bob Harris road in Juja, forcing him to flee, leaving the body and car behind, the DCI said.

Police, who arrived at the scene following a report by locals, verified the car ownership from the National Transport and Safety Authority’s Registrar of Motor Vehicles.

A hunt for Karani was, consequently, launched by a multi-agency team comprising police, DCI officers and the agency’s Crime Research and Intelligence Bureau (CRIB) officer.

Karani was tracked by detective via phone signal in his rented apartment in Githurai Kimbo area, where they arrested the suspect on Friday morning, April 16.

According to the authorities, Nyokabi’s body had been burnt using a corrosive chemical.

“She was badly disfigured. Besides the burn injuries, she had bruises on the face and head. It appears she was tortured before being killed,” a detective told The Standard.

Authorities said the suspect confessed to killing Nyokabi, a hotel worker in Kahawa Wendani, following a bitter conflict, which they had been embroiled in for the past two weeks.

Karani, who is married, reportedly told police Nyokabi was his secret lover.

The deceased’s father, Gitonga Njogu, told The Standard that initial reports suggested his daughter, the first born in a family of four children, died in a road accident.

“On Facebook, certain people were claiming my child was killed in a car crash in Juja. However, when we got to see her body at the City Mortuary, we were shocked. The visible injuries clearly indicated Nyokabi’s cause of death was not a road accident as had been alleged,” said Njogu.

“My girl (Nyokabi) was hard-working, cheerful and very loving. Her future was promising,” said Njogu while attempting to balance a tear in his eyes.

The old man said Nyokabi had, in the past, introduced Karani to him as her suitor.

“I knew them to be lovers. Just like in any other relationship, they had differences, which I would help them iron out. Two weeks ago, my daughter said she and Karani had broken up. I told her, it was okay; she shouldn’t cling onto a relationship in which she was unhappy. That was the last time I heard of the suspect.”

Karani will be arraigned on Monday, April 19, when detectives would seek to detain him longer to allow for investigations to be completed.

source : https://www.newsmond.com/married-kenyan-man-arrested-for-the-brutal-murder-of-his-side-chick/

Wicked soul

1 Like

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Venusman(m): 7:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kenya ehn! I comment my reserve

meanwhile let's crack the ribs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnkEoxOVlZI

1 Like

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by dangotesmummy: 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
Shey Na this big belle orobo be side chick?

This one Na side full grown fowl

1 Like

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by JaneYave(f): 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
The world is wide but if you want it to be narrow for you, it will.

1 Like

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Newsmond: 8:23am On Apr 19, 2021
Side chick don't need criteria Lol
dangotesmummy:
Shey Na this big belle orobo be side chick?

This one Na side full grown fowl

1 Like

Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Newsmond: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2021
That's true
JaneYave:
The world is wide but if you want it to be narrow for you, it will.
Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by dangotesmummy: 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2021
Newsmond:
Side chick don't need criteria Lol
so you fit get 58 years old side fowl?
Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Newsmond: 7:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
Side chick na side chick
dangotesmummy:
so you fit get 58 years old side fowl?
Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by Jacobx007: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
You see how God dey take catch person
Re: Married Kenyan Man Arrested For The Brutal Murder Of His Side Chick by dangotesmummy: 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
Newsmond:
Side chick na side chick
so anything goes for you,ba?

(1) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Kill 9 Persons, Several Cows, As Fear Grips Ojukwu Varsity Town / Masked Gunmen Reportedly Abduct Worshipper In Lagos / A Man Committed Suicide By Drinking Sniper Insecticide In Is Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.