Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian (1335 Views)

IP LAW :All You Need To Know About Your Rights In Music And Making Money Off It / Download Thinking Out Loud Piano Sheet Music And MP3 For Free / [DOWNLOAD] Tatiana Manaois All The Time Music And Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by CorporateJay(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
Hello musiclanders.. Im A lawyer, a Music promoter and music business consultant..in this thread i will be talking on the practical aspects of the music business, how to promote your songs and how i can work with you as a music business consultant, helping you to make money from your craft.. Even when are not signed to a record label yet..

I help musicians promote their songs through instagram, facebook and youtube..

We can work together on that..

But i will drop gems of promotion on this thread..
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Musiclawyer(m): 8:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
This is a new profile but I'm still corporate jay....a lot of times people come around and complain, talking about how they want to blow and make it in the music industry...man you have to learn how this shit works....

Well, one thing I have learned in the music business is that..making good music doesn't entitle you to listeners' ears...just because your music is good doesn't mean you will blow..lots of musicians put good music out there... Making good music is just the starting point...

You have to promote the heck out of your music even with the little cash you have...promotion does not have to be expensive..., yet promotion is everything. The internet has really leveled the playground for the Do-it-yourself artist... You can market on a budget..somebody shout Halle.. cool

You don't need to be under a label before you make good music, market your music, and make money off your craft..you just have to understand how the business works.. One mistake a lot of upcoming artists make is hoping for a big break... Hoping to have a song that blows overnight.

Only 5 percent of artists will blow like that..for a lot of artists, your growth will be gradual.. From 1k streams to 5k, to 10k, to 50k, to 100k, to a million views... For most Artists, your growth will be like that...

So after making good music..how do you market your work?

STAY TUNED. ON THIS THREAD I WILL TALK ABOUT MARKETING AND PROMOTING YOUR MUSIC ON A BUDGET. I WILL ALSO EXPOSE MUSICIANS ON HOW THEY CAN MAKE MONEY FROM THEIR CRAFT EVEN WITHOUT SHOW MONEY.
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Musiclawyer(m): 9:27am On Apr 19, 2021
So today let’s talk about promoting your music digitally. I'm not a writer, so pardon whatever mistakes you see.

The most important aspect of the music business and making money off your craft is music marketing. Good music is everywhere, however, getting people to listen to your song, love it, and pay for it is another ball game entirely.

Music marketing is not in any way cheap but there are some cheaper methods you can use compared to the traditional marketing methods.

Promoting your music digitally is the cheapest way to get new cold fans, as Fan’s stream music nowadays, the traditional radio method of promotion is prohibitively expensive for most upcoming artists (I have a cheap radio method/strategy that you can use, but I will Speak on that later).

Promoting your music requires you to have a digital footprint. Whenever you google your own name as an artist, what are the first 3 results that show up? Trust me, that’s what people will see when they google you as well, do you like what you see?

Anytime you go to pitch people, they will surely google your name. if they google your name, what will they see? You need to own at least, one of the first 3 results that show up when people google your name/brand as an artist.

Anyways you can solve that problem by having a Wikipedia page. Some of you might think Wikipedia is solely for big people. My friend, Wikipedia is not only for big people. It's just a profile of you that is online which anybody can access. having a Wikipedia page gives you credibility among brands. When you pitch to a brand, and the brand manager speaks to the General Manager, the General Manager will Google you, if he sees a Wikipedia page of you, he’s more likely to trust your brand and give you a contract.

(As a Music Lawyer/Consultant our company can help you brand your name and create a Wikipedia page for you cheaply. Check my profile for my contact details.)
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Musiclawyer(m): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2021
After having a digital footprint, the next point should be promoting your songs digitally. The Digital ways through which you can promote your song are many, but the most effective platforms are Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. I saw a Facebook page of a comedian on Facebook and this guy had 8.1 million views on one of his videos!!!. That’s the power of these platforms.

Although Lots of people are already doing that, as a practitioner in the business I see a lot of mistakes and I just feel I should touch on them.

If you are getting a digital marketing agency to promote your music, make sure they have track records in dealing with musicians. and promoting music. Promoting music is different from promoting a house or a shoe online...

The Mistakes I see are countless but I will highlight some.

Promoting Your Songs With Pictures..

This is a mistake I see a lot, lots of people are trying to promote a sound/music and they post a picture, put a link to their song, then tell people to stream their music, Man, that’s not going to work..

When you are promoting a particular song, make a short 1 min video, put the hook and chorus of your song on it (or where the fire dey), then use that as your promotional material.. According to Facebook Data, videos get 80% more engagements than ordinary pictures. That should tell you not to use pictures. Use strictly videos. You don’t have to break the bank to make a video, you can use an iPhone to record yourself painted in white chalk, singing and playing the piano to your song, Omo video don set. Use videos, not pictures.
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Musiclawyer(m): 9:32am On Apr 19, 2021
Poor Call to Action
A lot of times, when people are promoting their music, their call to action (the link on the ad) is usually very poor.

Okay so you have placed an ad in front of me to stream your music, I clicked on the link, all it does is take me to your profile, on getting to your profile, I can’t see the Song. Just your profile...

Man, I’m just going to exit your profile and continue what I’m doing... The appropriate thing is this, when I click on the link on your ad, it should take me directly to your Spotify profile where I stream that particular song you are promoting ...that is, With a click on your ad, people should be streaming your song straight away. People are lazier than you think...

That’s why every ad you put out there should have a goal. What do you want to achieve with this ad? What exactly do I want to happen? Not just having clicks, views, and likes, you should have a specific goal. Any digital marketing agency can buy you likes and views from Bots. You need organic reach. the link on your ad should make things easy for your prospective fans

(That’s why you need to work with Experienced-Music-Focused digital Marketers like us)
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Musiclawyer(m): 10:02am On Apr 19, 2021
The Third Mistake I see is where people place their Ads.. Ad placements..

You should place your song ads on stories instead of feeds. What do I mean?... Don't place your music ads on the feeds where people are scrolling rather place your ads on stories where people are checking their friend's Instagram stories...

Instagram statistics state that 70% of Instagram users/ Facebook users have their sound on when checking stories, compared to just 40% of users who have their sound on when scrolling through their feed.

For someone marketing a sound/song, stories are the best place for you to place your ad because if people don’t have their sound on how can they even know your music is nice talk less of streaming it.

I will continue on some other music consulting later.

I’m a lawyer and a Music consultant. You can book my time for advice/strategy moves, book our agency for brand PR or book us to help you market your song digitally.
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Musiclawyer(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2021
Making moves on a monday..
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Musiclawyer(m): 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hey So let me do a small expose on getting plays on radio even on a small budget..

Getting your song played on radio consistently can be a very big problem if you don't have the money, so how do you get radio plays Cheaply?

Most of the radios have what i call "call-in-and-request-music-shows" these are shows where listeners call in and request that a particular music be played..

What if your music is getting requested repeatedly on such shows? cool Only weak people leave things to fate, strong people make fate listen to them..

The first step is collating radios in lagos where you want your song played... Get the day, time and name of the person who host these shows..

The next step is getting to meet the dj's of these shows and ensure they have a copy of your song.

Then put like 2 of your friends on standby , let them call into these shows and request that your song be played.. Do this consistently on 5 radio stations for 2 weeks.. You are on definately on radio

Thats how you get radio play without paying an arm and a foot..

We will help you with a list of the call-in-shows, profile of the host e.t.c , all for a token...thats why we are a music focused digital marketing agency..we are also song pluggers we get you the plays
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
Musiclawyer:
Hey So let me do a small expose on getting plays on radio even on a small budget..

Getting your song played on radio consistently can be a very big problem if you don't have the money, so how do you get radio plays Cheaply?

Most of the radios have what i call "call-in-and-request-music-shows" these are shows where listeners call in and request that a particular music be played..

What if your music is getting requested repeatedly on such shows? cool Only weak people leave things to fate, strong people make fate listen to them..

The first step is collating radios in lagos where you want your song played... Get the day, time and name of the person who host these shows..

The next step is getting to meet the dj's of these shows and ensure they have a copy of your song.

Then put like 2 of your friends on standby , let them call into these shows and request that your song be played.. Do this consistently on 5 radio stations for 2 weeks.. You are on definately on radio

Thats how you get radio play without paying an arm and a foot..

We will help you with a list of the call-in-shows, profile of the host e.t.c , all for a token...thats why we are a music focused digital marketing agency..we are also song pluggers we get you the plays

Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Musiclawyer(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hello, Musiclanders let's do a small expose on making money from your craft as a musician.

You have recorded a beautiful song, you have done your promotion and marketing, the question is how do you get your money back?? how will you get the money you have invested in the music business back? that's a serious problem for most artists.. there are 101 ways through which you can make money with your music. the limit to the ways you can make money is the limit of your imaginations.

Even when you are not signed to a label, there are ways through which you can make money off your craft. the easiest and most popular way is show money? i.e performance money. lots of artists get shows and are rewarded handsomely for it. but this method of making money seems to be in the exclusive preserve of musicians that have "blown" at least have about 10k hardcore fans who will grace their shows

However for upcoming acts who don't even have fans at all, how can you make money with those songs on your shelve, or how can you structure your career in such a way that even when you don't have fans yet, you can make money off your craft. well you are going to have to work reallyy hard like say no tomorrow. The way through which most independent act make money is through music licensing.

What do I mean?

for every Tv show, movie, tv commercial and advertisement that you see, a key component of those commercials is music. and trust me guys who make music used in big brand commercials, make big bucks. for a song to be used in commercials and advertisement, the brand has to pay to use that song. you don't need to have "blown" before your music is used, your music just has to fit for purpose.

you can structure your career in such a way that you make advertisement friendly songs, while at the same time you make other songs that can be consumed generally. advertisement friendly songs are generally heavy on instruments and do not contain so much lyrics( baba nla hint)

For you to get placements for your songs, you should contact music supervisors in charge of brand management for companies and pitch your business(music) to them you can even offer to record new songs for them to use in their adverts. but trust me its going to be extremely competitive but is living itself not competitive??

from your favorite music lawyer
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by seoxpert(m): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
Listen to OP, Promoting your music is readily possible right now
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by CorporateJay(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
This evening lets talk about artiste management,
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by MASTERYANKEE: 4:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
Following you Dey makes sense
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by CorporateJay(m): 6:08am On Apr 25, 2021
MASTERYANKEE:
Following you Dey makes sense

You tried to email me, but i cant check my emails from nairaland...

You can email me directly at oluwaletolu@gmail.com
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by MASTERYANKEE: 9:10am On May 08, 2021
I
:

You tried to email me, but i cant check my emails from nairaland...

You can email me directly at oluwaletolu@gmail.com
I will message you on WhatsApp
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by oba4live: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
CorporateJay:
Hello musiclanders.. Im A lawyer, a Music promoter and music business consultant..in this thread i will be talking on the practical aspects of the music business, how to promote your songs and how i can work with you as a music business consultant, helping you to make money from your craft.. Even when are not signed to a record label yet..

I help musicians promote their songs through instagram, facebook and youtube..

We can work together on that..

But i will drop gems of promotion on this thread..
pls sir I need your WhatsApp contact, thanks.
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by Bigdiddo(m): 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2022
Holla 08085758577 we need to do music biz.. Whatsapp
Re: Promoting Your Music And Making Money From Your Music As A Nigerian by toquecelular(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2023
A ringtone is a short audio file that plays and then repeats itself when one user receives a call from another user. Nowadays, ringtones are highly customizable. They can be set to any song, tune, jingle, or audio clip. Many phones offer the option to set a different ringtone for each contact, allowing you to see who is calling without looking at the screen. Here is a list of common questions and answers about ringtones at https://klingeltondownload.com for free

Crank Dat Naija Boy Over 300,000 Views On Youtube. / Eldee - Bigboy / Where Do You Shop For Your Original Music Cd/dvd In Lagos?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56