Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Gratitude Of Heart Enhances Praises - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gratitude Of Heart Enhances Praises (91 Views)

Father Mbaka Praises Completion Of Abakpa-Emene Link Road / Kanye West 'Jesus Is King' Is Packed With Bible Verses & Praises To God / TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gratitude Of Heart Enhances Praises by Lovelash: 10:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
Praising God is an act of worship and it plays an important role in our private and congregational worship. Praising God could be done by singing psalms, hymns, spiritual songs, musical instruments, and with verbal words of telling others about His doings.
The whole Bible abounds with exhortations to all people to praise God such as seen in 1 Chron. 16:23; Psalm 22: 22-25; 111:1; 95:1; 96: 1-2; Rom. 15:9-11, James 3: 9; 5:13; Heb. 2:12; 1 Peter 2:9 and several other parts of scripture. Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior praised God (Mat. 11:25; Luke 10:21).

As pointed out earlier in chapter One that praise could be mechanical and when it is this way it is unacceptable to God, therefore it has to be spiritual and from the depth of one's heart. On a candid note, how easy is it to truly praise God from the depth of our hearts? On most occasions when there is a call to praise God, all most of us do is to keep on muttering "Oh God I worship you, I glorify you God ", "Hallelujah" repeatedly, or just mouthing God's attributes already memorized when they don't even understand what they are saying. Even those who might have memorized certain attributes of God's nature and character often find themselves getting confused and lost for words and would be wondering what happens. All these happened because a very vital thing is missing. For praises to flow forth freely out of the lips, there must be an overflowing of love and gratitude to God from the heart. This is because out of the abundance of gratitude of the heart unto God the mouth pours out His praises! This King David knew well and had to pray for the opening of his mouth so that his lips will pour forth praises when the sin he committed overwhelmed his spirit and he couldn't praise God! (Psalm 51:15).

And what can make the heart full of love for God that would overflow out in praises through the lips? Gratitude of course! Gratitude to God is the mechanism that spurs us to praise and also keep on praising tirelessly. A close study of all the songs of praises in the Scriptures reveals this.
A grateful heart is the fountain from which praises bubbles up and overflows from. True praise such as seen in the songs of Moses and Mirian in Exodus 15:1-21 and other songs of praise in the Bible are not only spiritual but effortless, God-centered, stress less, and very refreshing. Praise is not just mouthing God's attributes for people to know one is eloquent neither is it for entertainment but rather true praise is a thing of the heart by his Spirit and for God. To be able to praise God continually and effectively one needs to cultivate a perpetual attitude of gratitude. King David excelled in praising God continually because He maintained a perpetual heart of gratitude. "I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High." (Psalm 9:1-2).
GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I.

(1) (Reply)

Word Power May 5 / Jesus Tempted At The Wilderness / How To Make The World A Better Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.