Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans (17490 Views)

Real Madrid Leads Early Power Rankings Of The European Super League / How The New European Super League Will Work / UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by humberjade: 5:54am On Apr 19, 2021
These guys just killing football...the world is going to sh*t in most ramifications...let's see where this move leads football...all the dramas and the upsets from smaller teams against the big guns which makes the European elite league more interesting will be thrown out of the window...smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by jaxxy(m): 6:21am On Apr 19, 2021
kingzjay:
FIFA are so afraid of loosing relevance.... The super league will be so huge both financially and in terms of viewership.

I'm sure the clubs will resist FIFA

FIFA can never loose relevance and they can shut the super league idea down just like that. It’s UEFA that can loose relevance which I doubt because these Clubs wil still play in Champions league also it’s just a way to make more money and increase games people want to see bt it can backfire if not careful.

FIFA has decide if the idea is good enough or not. U can’t play Football anywhere without FIFA unless In Complete isolation.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Chirowman(m): 6:51am On Apr 19, 2021
Good
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by na2016: 7:00am On Apr 19, 2021
uncleck:
I don't see FIFA taking drastic action considering the caliber of clubs involved. In the long run there will be legal battles and embargo here and there but I feel this league has come to stay

The league will not stay. The parent league of these clubs will either deduct points or sanction them.
this model will kill the UEFA champions' league. It will also make a few clubs so powerful that the development of football will be tuated.
This must be stopped!!!

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by DivineDynamics: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2021
Let us live our lives in line with the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by maasoap(m): 7:12am On Apr 19, 2021
GeneralPula:

And they won’t be cashing out on them in this new league they want to form?

Yes. See the other thread and how the clubs involved planned to distribute their revenues. That's why uefa is kicking and wailing
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2021
uncleck:
I don't see FIFA taking drastic action considering the caliber of clubs involved. In the long run there will be legal battles and embargo here and there but I feel this league has come to stay

Of course, the 15 football clubs are bigger than UEFA, I think they’ll settle on more revenue allocation to the 15 teams
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by maasoap(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2021
na2016:

The league will not stay. The parent league of these clubs will either deduct points or sanction them.
this model will kill the UEFA champions' league. It will also make a few clubs so powerful that the development of football will be tuated.
This must be stopped!!!

They are the ones feeding the UEFA, it has come to stay.
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 7:17am On Apr 19, 2021
Ckonnet:
UEFA and fifa are cashing out big time and the clubs are no longer comfortable with that.

This is it, why should organizations make more money than the clubs involved
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Ckonnet: 7:17am On Apr 19, 2021
GeneralPula:

And they won’t be cashing out on them in this new league they want to form?

Yea because the teams are in charge in now.
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Ckonnet: 7:18am On Apr 19, 2021
HITMEUP4ANYBIZ:

This is it, why should organizations make more money than the clubs involved

A typical case is Fg and the owners of the oil.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by tosaino95(m): 7:20am On Apr 19, 2021
NextPresido:
I blame Buhari
WTF shocked grin
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Tonytonex(m): 7:20am On Apr 19, 2021
patoballistic:
With the calibre of clubs involved, I fear UEFA Champions League will be forgotten in no time.

Secondly, UEFA should look at what they are not doing well that cause this proposed breakaway.
sorry you mean there won't be champions League football again? if yes, it's not good. cause after world cup it's UEFA champion league. and world cup is 4yrs . it's too far
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by 080bjaked(m): 7:40am On Apr 19, 2021
jaxxy:

FIFA can never loose relevance and they can shut the super league idea down just like that. It’s UEFA that can loose relevance which I doubt because these Clubs wil still play in Champions league also it’s just a way to make more money and increase games people want to see bt it can backfire if not careful.

FIFA has decide if the idea is good enough or not. U can’t play Football anywhere without FIFA unless In Complete isolation.

These guys are big enough to start a breakout from FIFA and register another footballing body. It is happening in other sports already. That's why I think FIFA was gentle in it's statement. Just advising everyone to remain calm.

Believe it or yes, Perez nha mad man. He can lead a full footballing revolt
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by toffyz(m): 7:40am On Apr 19, 2021
Honestly speaking, I don't think it's a good idea.

Does that mean we will be seeing the same set of teams(20) in two groups, 10 in each group every season??

That would be so boring, unless some new teams will be added to the groups every season.

Else it's not a good development

3 Likes

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by shadrach77: 7:42am On Apr 19, 2021
kingzjay:
FIFA are so afraid of loosing relevance.... The super league will be so huge both financially and in terms of viewership.

I'm sure the clubs will resist FIFA
FIFA losing relevance ke...FIFA controls world football including Asia and Africa. You sure say you dey educated
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Lamasta(m): 7:50am On Apr 19, 2021
The major stakeholders in football are the ones doing their thing FIFA and UEFA should back out its only when its not in their favour you will see them fuming
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by mechanics(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2021
reccy:
This is getting real and interesting.....

lolz, am sure you can't wait to see the final conclusion of the issue.
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Pharaoh94(m): 8:07am On Apr 19, 2021
MoDaniel:
I don't think it's entirely a bad decision, so far it's an opportunity for Arsenal to play in the Champions league.

wink

Hahahahaha. Guy you mean. I swear!!! Lol
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Highbeepeeh(m): 8:11am On Apr 19, 2021
Randy100:
Without the big club, champions league is useless. You don't expect me to start watching champions league match between spartak Moscow and west ham. Never
. OGA abeg no kill me with laughtergrin

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Ayobami7(m): 8:16am On Apr 19, 2021
na wa oooo
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Silentgroper(m): 8:32am On Apr 19, 2021
toffyz:
Honestly speaking, I don't think it's a good idea.

Does that mean we will be seeing the same set of teams(20) in two groups, 10 in each group every season??

That would be so boring, unless some new teams will be added to the groups every season.

Else it's not a good development
Thank u. U knw d thrill v get wen u c man.u vs psg . Now dat thrill will be gone wen u c dem play everytime.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Abid2020(m): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2021
Randy100:
Without the big club, champions league is useless. You don't expect me to start watching a champions league match between Spartak Moscow and west ham. Never
Some people claimed that the proposal was out of greed for money, Please how will football clubs that spent over £350 million on the transfer market make a profit if the biggest club competition "Uefa champion league's" winner won't earn more than $40 million that is not even enough to a sign a world-class player. If west ham won the champion league the total money they will receive won't enough to land the in-form iheanacho let alone haaland mbappe
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Randy100: 9:15am On Apr 19, 2021
Abid2020:

Some people claimed that the proposal was out of greed for money, Please how will football clubs that spent over £350 million on the transfer market make a profit if the biggest club competition "Uefa champion league's" winner won't earn more than $40 million that is not even enough to a sign a world-class player. If west ham won the champion league the total money they will receive won't enough to land the in-form iheanacho let alone haaland mbappe
It is the truth, but,as you said the club need more money because football is now purely bussines.
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by purplekayc(m): 9:16am On Apr 19, 2021
grin
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by purplekayc(m): 9:16am On Apr 19, 2021
What's the idea anyway the big goons are not making enough money
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by gbowoade85142: 9:17am On Apr 19, 2021
:UEFA and fifa are cashing out big time and the clubs are no longer comfortable with that.And they won’t be cashing out on them in this new league they want to form?
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by chinoonew09: 9:23am On Apr 19, 2021
UEFA criticised the plans in a statement and
said: "UEFA, the English Football Association
and the Premier League, the Royal Spanish
Football Federation (RFEF) and La Liga, and
the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) and Lega
Serie A have learned that a few English,
Spanish and Italian clubs may be planning to
announce their creation of a closed, so-called
Super League.
"If this were to happen, we wish to reiterate
that we -- UEFA, the English FA, RFEF, FIGC,
the Premier League, La Liga, Lega Serie A, but
also FIFA and all our member associations --
will remain united in our efforts to stop this
cynical project, a project that is founded on
the self-interest of a few clubs at a time when
society needs solidarity more than ever.
"We will consider all measures available to us,
at all levels, both judicial and sporting in order
to prevent this happening. Football is based
on open competitions and sporting merit; it
cannot be any other way.

Super league vs FIFA, one motherfucker was blaming buhari... That's after effect on buhari visiting Europe..
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by PoshLines5: 10:30am On Apr 19, 2021
[b][/b]Dream league in HD. HA hahahahahaha grin grin
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by jonsin(m): 10:53am On Apr 19, 2021
I saw this coming, no one is faultless here, both the big clubs and the regulatory bodies are all greedy conniving thieves. They only care about the money, increasing fixtures amid complains from clubs and players. This is a situation of two elephants fighting. The big clubs and uefa have not yet told us what the problem is, there is a secret squabble going on I believe, till then.
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by ogbonnachrys: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2021
FIFA will later calm down
Re: FIFA 'Disapproves' Of European Super League Plans by Greatomotoy: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2021
helinues:
What's the Super League for exactly

League, domestic cup, Champions League/Europa they still want to add Super League..

When would players , coaches have time for themselves and family
Clubs participating in the Super League will not participate in UEFA club competitions

The Super League Fixtures will be played on days that UEFA club competitions take place which is midweek

Next season, there will be no Big teams in the Champions league

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Everton (0 - 1) On 23rd April 2021 / Liverpool Vs Napoli UCL (2 - 0) On 1st November 2022 / Manchester City Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) ON 26th December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.