Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS (14682 Views)

Lagos State Rebuilds Pen Cinema Police Station Burnt During EndSARS Protests / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Ajeromi Ifelodun LG Secretariat Burnt During EndSARS Riots / LASG Rebuilds Ajeromi Ifelodun Local Secretariat Burnt During EndSARS Riots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by TGM2015: 3:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
DelTel:

https://m.economictimes.com/industry/transportation/shipping-/-transport/adani-ports-acquisition-of-89-6-stake-in-gangavaram-port-gets-cci-nod/articleshow/82052434.cms

So it was Accident that led to the destruction therefore the claim will be treated under Accident grin grin grin grin grin you need to ask for a refund from your school oooo.

Meanwhile you ignored the other news report where BRT buses were actually destroyed grin
Are you this dumb? How is that link related to what you are asked to answer.

Seems your stupidity is of another world. My apology for engaging with you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by DelTel(m): 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
TGM2015:

Are you this dumb? How is that link related to what you are asked to answer.

Seems your stupidity is of another world. My apology for engaging with you.

Insult won't safe you, you know. It will only show how uncultured you are.

https://m.economictimes.com/tdmc/your-money/what-is-not-covered-by-your-motor-insurance-policy/articleshow/52728471.cms

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by kazma1010(m): 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2021
Abeg make una tell dis man make he go sitdawn so wat did insurance cover? Did he think dat we are a full ?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by plaindealer: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
[s]
DelTel:

I should spoon-feed you then.

I have given you instances of claim paid and someone who is privy has also

Nigerians are quick to defend/speak for their oppressors.
[/s]

Funny when ignorant people and liars want to spoon-feed other people with their lies and ignorance.

I've debunlked you and your ignorant lies so what other lies and rubbish do you have to peddle.?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by plaindealer: 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2021
DelTel:

Insult won't safe you, you know. It will only show how uncultured you are.

https://m.economictimes.com/tdmc/your-money/what-is-not-covered-by-your-motor-insurance-policy/articleshow/52728471.cms

The Permanent Exclusions List

This list includes the following situations in which loss of or damage to your car is not covered.

Any damage to the car due to war, terror attacks, invasion, foreign enemy action, civil war, mutiny, rebellion, hostilities, radiation or nuclear material/weapons are not covered under a standard motor policy.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tdmc/your-money/what-is-not-covered-by-your-motor-insurance-policy/articleshow/52728471.cms

This is from your own source, the same source and link that you sourced your info from, you obviously either did not properly read and comprehend your own source or you just looked for bits and pieces to prove your misguided and ill-informed opinion instead of reading through the whole thing.

You lazily ignored the exclusions which are at the heart of the discussion.

You really need to raise your bar above elementary reading and comprehension.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by VinTruth: 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
plaindealer:

This is from your own source, the same source and link that you sourced your info from, you obviously either did not properly read and comprehend your own source or you just looked for bits and pieces to prove your misguided and ill-informed opinion instead of reading through the whole thing.

I have been following you guys (yourself, DelTel, TGM2015) argument and I was beginning to doubt DelTel submission, but now I can see DelTel is right based on what you just quoted or are you saying Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion is in the list you quoted/copied.

My view please, please no insult.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by plaindealer: 4:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
VinTruth:

I have been following you guys (yourself, DelTel, TGM2015) argument and I was beginning to doubt DelTel submission, but now I can see DelTel is right based on what you just quoted or are you saying Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion is in the list you quoted/copied.

Your view sounds lazy and simplistic just like his, you half-read and comprehend while ignoring the real facts in front of you.

It's either both of you do not know the meaning of exclusions or you do but just intentionally ignorant and deceptive.

Before your next post, please look up the meaning of exclusions.

Your comprehensive insurance ordinarily, provides a standard cover for vehicles for accidental damage, fire combustion, theft and third-party liability. [b]It does not cover damage as a result of strikes, riots or civil commotion. You will need an extension cover for special perils like riots, strike and civil commotion or flood. These however come at an additional premium.[/b]

https://businessday.ng/news/article/civil-unrest-understanding-your-comprehensive-insurence-cover/

Read and comprehend, this is from leadway Insurance right here in Nigeria, not from any foreign source that's not applicable here in Nigeria
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by DelTel(m): 4:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
plaindealer:

Where is SRCC listed as exclusion?

VinTruth:

It is well.

plaindealer:

Your view sounds lazy and simplistic just like his, you half-read and comprehend while ignoring the real facts in front of you.

It's either both of you do not know the meaning of exclusions or you do but just intentionally ignorant and deceptive.

Read and comprehend, this is from leadway Insurance right here in Nigeria, not from any foreign source that's not applicable here in Nigeria

You must have missed my earlier post
DelTel:

Thank you for sharing your experience sir.

If you read my explanation well, I stated globally; unfortunately, (some of) the Nigerian insurance market operators have surreptitiously removed the clause for mostly retail/individual clients, for instance, no underwriter will try it with say, Dangote, Cadbury, JB etc. Reason it is best to use a licensed insurance broker for your insurance business placement as he/she is a professional who understands the market and appropriate policy wordings.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by plaindealer: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
VinTruth:

Looks to me like you and the person you are co-signing are the same but swapping IDs co-signing and defending posts by the same ID.

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by Nfora: 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
plaindealer:

I just wonder why you are manipulating the truth,which is constant.

How would a government not have paid for the required insurance extension premium?

The exclusion does not include fire damage to vehicles as a result of riots.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by VinTruth: 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
plaindealer:

what are the Facts?

Is S or R or CC in what you copied as exclusion, No.
Did DelTel provide link and screenshot to show SRCC is a standard comprehensive motor policy globally as requested by you, Yes.

Sorry I joined your argument.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by DelTel(m): 5:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
Nfora:

I just wonder why you are manipulating the truth,which is constant.

How would a government not have paid for the required insurance extension premium?

The exclusion does not include fire damage to vehicles as a result of riots.

Looks to me like you and the person you are co-signing bla bla bla bla ooo grin grin grin

plaindealer:

Looks to me like you and the person you are co-signing are the same but swapping IDs co-signing and defending posts by the same ID.

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by TGM2015: 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
VinTruth:

Thank you @plaindealer for the link.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/civil-unrest-understanding-your-comprehensive-insurence-cover/

@VinTruth
Check out the link, it was specific to loss of properties due to EndSARS thing that happened in October 2020. The news was published in November 2020. To be specific, check the attached screenshot of the news extract in the link provided.

Take note of the word extension, meaning that it is not available in standard policy.

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by plaindealer: 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
DelTel:

Where is SRCC listed as exclusion?

Your last post that I quoted with facts about exclusions was not about SRCC, but if you want to go back to SRCC since it seams you have not learnt anything from the SRCC part of the discussion, we can go back and litigate that againt.

Your Number 1 error and misrepresentation in this thread was that SRCC covered the destruction of the busses in Lagos state which we debunked as false because the global or standard coverage you referenced doesn't come with SRCC, it's an option and a separate insurance product that you buy to cover such damages.

So, do you want

Whatever that means..

You must have missed my earlier post

Obviously, I did not.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by chaloskyx: 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
o really so as lagos state government you mandate with stiff penalties that all vehicles must have insurance but you lack common sense to insure vehicles procured with tax payers moni abi cause you feel its your money and can waste it....its okay continue
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by VinTruth: 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
plaindealer:

Can I also same about you and TGM.2015.

Discussion/enlightenment should not get to this.

Ciao.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by plaindealer: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
TGM2015:

Thank you @plaindealer for the link.

@VinTruth
Check out the link, it was specific to loss of properties due to EndSARS thing that happened in October. The news was published in November. To be specific check our the attached screenshot of the extract.

Take note of the word extension, meaning is not available in standard policy.

DelTel:

SRCC is Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion and a standard policy wordings for Comprehensive motor vehicle insurance globally and most other insurance policies (except Marine Insurance).

If our Governor is saying the burnt buses are not covered (under SRCC), then why has insurance been paying for damages caused by agberos, soldiers, miscreants, aggrieved motorists, arsonists etc whenever BRT buses are attacked after one issue or the other undecided.

Like I said earlier, we know what is going on.

But they should not tarnish or diminish Insurance as a whole in their arrangee padi-padi arrangement to (zip it again).

Modify: screenshot attached at 5:39pm.

How do I know what cover has SRCC has a standard policy?

Leadway’s Fire and Special Perils insurance has strike, riot and civil commotion covered. However, other insurance products like our Personal accident or Group personal accident, Burglary, Motor etc do not have SRCC as a standard cover. You have to ask for an extension of SRCC.

I'm glad you pulled up the same article because you indicted yourself with it, you keep compounding your own lies and errors.

You said SRCC is part of the standard and global insurance coverage, but the same article that I post to refute that is the same article you are still unable to read and comprehend because it clearly disputed your false claim that SRCC is not part of any comprehensive coverage, it's there in black and white that it's not and to get that coverage, you must ask for it and pay extra.

Now, read slowly and comprehend.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by plaindealer: 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
VinTruth:

Can I also same about you and TGM.2015.

Discussion/enlightenment should not get to this.

Ciao.

You can if you are able to see us in other threads including past threads like you supporting and defending each other's post outside of this thread.

That was very lame.

Don't get mad because you got caught.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by DelTel(m): 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
plaindealer:

You can if you are able to see us in other threads including past threads like you supporting and defending each other's post outside of this thread.

That was very lame.

Don't get mad because you got caught.

You are free to justify yourself.

Thanks VinTruth for reference and business referrals as always.

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by plaindealer: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
DelTel:

You are free to justify yourself.

Thanks VinTruth for reference and business referrals as always.

Like you can not log on with different IDs, one on a laptop and the other on a cell phone?

That was lame.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Insurance Didn’t Cover Lagos Buses Burnt During #EndSARS by 9jaRealist: 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
ProWalker:
They are fully insured! But no insurance will cover destruction caused by rioting
DelTel:
Do you know what SRCC is?

Pls don't dabble into what you don't know.

He was wrong to say “no insurance”...
But correct to the extent that standard car insurance (liability or third-party) would not cover riots.

Doubtful that anyone would ordinarily use Strike, Riot and Civil Commotion insurance for cars...
While most other insurance policies specifically exclude coverage for civil unrest, wars, acts of God, etc.
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maigari Dingyadi: Ex-EFCC Chair Magu Still On FG Payroll As Police Officer / Corruption: Ndume Urges Buhari To Sign Unexplained Wealth Order Immediately / Ogboru Wins APGA Governorship Ticket In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.