Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? (450 Views)

Anthony Joshua: 'I Want Everybody To Bow To Me When I Beat Andy Ruiz' / Moment Algeria Won 2019 AFCON, Players Bow And Pray (Photos) / Betis Fans Bow To Messi After Superb Hat-trick Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Penguin2: 8:31am On Apr 19, 2021
12 European big clubs have created a breakaway Super League but almost all the governing bodies of football are against it. With FIFA threatening to ban players who play in the league from playing at the World Cup while UEFA has followed suit by threatening to ban clubs from participating in any UEFA competition.

Despite these threats however, these clubs went ahead with their plan.

So the question now is who will blink first? The governing bodies or the clubs? Who do you think will win the war and why?
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Cousin9999: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2021
Penguin2:
With FIFA threatening to ban players who play in the league from playing at the World Cup while UEFA has followed suit by threatening to ban clubs from participating in any UEFA competition

lol
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by mumumugu(m): 8:42am On Apr 19, 2021
FIFA competition without players from these clubs will be boring.
These clubs are rich enough to mount pressure on national FA to boycott FIFa and start their own competition.

Money speaks

1 Like

Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Freestainworld(m): 9:38am On Apr 19, 2021
These big clubs are the reason why European football is exciting, just imagine a champions league without Barca, madrid, juventus, Bayern, chelsea, arsenal, mancity, etc, who will watch it?
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Asabe4(f): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2021
Freestainworld:
These big clubs are the reason why European football is exciting, just imagine a champions league without Barca, madrid, juventus, Bayern, chelsea, arsenal, mancity, etc, who will watch it?
True this... these clubs can't be threatened actually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Gobengroup(m): 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2021
Freestainworld:
Bayern is against it. Chelsea and man city are lucky, I believe there are more successful clubs than them in Europe. More reason it's total nonsense
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Great100000: 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Gobengroup:
Bayern is against it. Chelsea and man city are lucky, I believe there are more successful clubs than them in Europe. More reason it's total nonsense
Like which Clubs? I mean please tell me the clubs that are more successful than Chelsea and Man City.
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Livelystone01: 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
It is ignorance that will make someone to support this ESL of a thing. I support Real Madrid by the way but I don't support Perez's alignment with this.
The ESL is a creation by American capitalists, men with one aim only, that is, to shark-out smaller clubs and the thrill of football just because of their pockets.

It is no surprise for me that most of these owners and the backers are American business men, they are good at swallowing smaller ventures just to thrive and they tag it capitalism over there. So much for capitalism. SMH.

To neutrals, you should be worried that there will hardly be player development anymore, African talents picked from smaller leagues to the premiership can't have the opportunities to be developed anymore because these clubs will priotize the ESL above their domestic leagues. They'd rather use their natural homegrown to play their local leagues but reserve their best for ESL.

It is even foolish to focus on a so called ESL to the detriment of the national leagues. Do they even care about how much people would ignore national league matches due to lack of excitement and surprises?

I am cutting the owners and president some slack here because they were placed in a very tight corner by the attractive proposals of these greedy American sponsors who took advantage of the timing due to the covid distresses on the finance of these elite clubs, but the biggest problem will be that player development will be stifled and these guys don't care.

Greed everywhere. Now we can see that greed is everywhere, just that these nations created instructions to withstand the widespread effect of these greedy fellows.

Brace up people, your national leagues are now going to look like College Basketball while the ESL will become the NBA lol.

If this succeeds, then it will be termed the heist of the century.

1 Like

Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Livelystone01: 12:00am On Apr 20, 2021
Great100000:
Like which Clubs? I mean please tell me the clubs that are more successful than Chelsea and Man City.
Try to read and comprehend before you quote please.

He said, others are there who are more successful in Europe than Man city and Chelsea.

Man city does not have a UCL trophy, they've not even been to the finals for once.

Chelsea on the other hand, have only one UCL trophy to show.

If you like, I can count clubs with more champions league trophy than Chelsea.

Arsenal, Spurs and Milan in that list is an insult of elite clubs.

While spurs and Arsenal do not have a UCL trophy, Milan has been in limbo since 2009.
Their last UCL appearance was over 7years ago.

It is very obvious that the reason for this coalition is the deep pockets of these owners, not their recent European successes.Arsenal of all people? SMH.
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Livelystone01: 12:06am On Apr 20, 2021
Asabe4:
True this... these clubs can't be threatened actually.
They won't be able to pull this through.

It will fail, the fans, some board members and the sanctions will stop this cancer from seeing the light of the day.

Thank God Klopp and Milner have spoken against it. Even Man united player, Fernandes has spoken against him.

Other coaches and players in the EPL will speak against it in the coming days.

This project will not succeed without the EPL clubs.

It is DOA.
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Gobengroup(m): 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
Great100000:
All the clubs there are more successful than chelsea, man city and Tottenham unless you start watching football.
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Great100000: 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2021
Gobengroup:
All the clubs there are more successful than chelsea, man city and Tottenham unless you start watching football.
grin grin grin grin infact I start watching football 2 days ago grin grin grin now read what you said again, you didn't say teams that are in ESL but said other teams which are not in ESL and am asking you to mention those Clubs.
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Gobengroup(m): 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Great100000:
grin grin grin grin infact I start watching football 2 days ago grin grin grin now read what you said again, you didn't say teams that are in ESL but said other teams which are not in ESL and am asking you to mention those Clubs.
Ajax, Fc Porto, Celtic and so on. Google can do justice to the rest. Chelsea came to limelight early in this century, they're nothing before.
Re: European Super League: Who Do You Think Will Bow First? by Penguin2: 2:22am On Apr 22, 2021
Livelystone01:
It is ignorance that will make someone to support this ESL of a thing. I support Real Madrid by the way but I don't support Perez's alignment with this.
The ESL is a creation by American capitalists, men with one aim only, that is, to shark-out smaller clubs and the thrill of football just because of their pockets.

It is no surprise for me that most of these owners and the backers are American business men, they are good at swallowing smaller ventures just to thrive and they tag it capitalism over there. So much for capitalism. SMH.

To neutrals, you should be worried that there will hardly be player development anymore, African talents picked from smaller leagues to the premiership can't have the opportunities to be developed anymore because these clubs will priotize the ESL above their domestic leagues. They'd rather use their natural homegrown to play their local leagues but reserve their best for ESL.

It is even foolish to focus on a so called ESL to the detriment of the national leagues. Do they even care about how much people would ignore national league matches due to lack of excitement and surprises?

I am cutting the owners and president some slack here because they were placed in a very tight corner by the attractive proposals of these greedy American sponsors who took advantage of the timing due to the covid distresses on the finance of these elite clubs, but the biggest problem will be that player development will be stifled and these guys don't care.

Greed everywhere. Now we can see that greed is everywhere, just that these nations created instructions to withstand the widespread effect of these greedy fellows.

Brace up people, your national leagues are now going to look like College Basketball while the ESL will become the NBA lol.

If this succeeds, then it will be termed the heist of the century.

And like u predicted, it failed.

(1) (Reply)

Tokyo Olympics: Team Nigeria Bleeds As Adekuoroye Loses / 10 Football Clubs You Didn't Know Have Won The Champions League / Sporty Bet Just Scam Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.