Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant (1138 Views)

Bandits Attack Churches In Kaduna, Many Killed, Others Kidnapped / NURTW Factions Clash In Lagos, One Killed, Others Injured [Photo] / 4 Dead As Thugs Burn Police Station And INEC Office In Edo State (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant by StarMediaRen: 9:53am On Apr 19, 2021
An All Progressive Congress (APC) Chairmanship aspirant in Ikorodu, Hon. Oluwatosin Onamade has cried out to Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police for help following an alleged murder of his staff and attempts on his life by some sponsored gangsters.
According to reports gathered, at least 35 hoodlums bearing various kinds of dangerous weapons stormed the Western Funeral Home Limited, an office of the politician which operates at Cemetery, Abule Eko, along Ijede Road in Ikorodu area of Lagos State, Nigeria, on Friday night.

The thugs were reported to have killed a 54-year old staff of the company named John Godfrey, injured several others and destroyed some properties of the company.

Speaking to journalists at a press conference held in Ijede, Mr Onamade described the incident as a terrible one that beats his imagination. He said, “Yesterday, while I was in my office at Abule Eko, I saw 30 to 35 boys (Sponsored cultists), they came in with different forms of ammunition, stones, cutlasses and all sorts of equipment.”

“They walked into my office complex, started to machete people and shooting sporadically. I was maliciously beaten. My brother – Oluwafemi Onamade was beaten to coma, and one of my staffs called John Godfrey was shot and axed to death. They killed him and then destroyed all the property in the compound before making away with a cash sum of N1, 700,000 which I brought to the office.” He narrated.

‘I hid in a vault within the environment of the cemetery, and I took that opportunity to call the Police”. He disclosed.

While stating that he has on several occasions reported series of attacks made on him to the Police, an action which he said led to the arrest of one suspect – Segun Oyebanjo barely three weeks ago, Onamade attributed his ordeal to a long-standing battle with a leader in Ijede LCDA who has been “looking for ways to kill him”. The suspect, he said, confessed to being sponsored by the Ijede LCDA Chairman Alhaji Salisu Fatiu.

He stated, “Barely two weeks ago, all the posters I mounted as an aspirant of APC, this person in questions asked those cultists to go and start damaging all the posters. All my posters were vandalized, to which I went to the police station and made the report for it, and then I called all the leaders in APC, in the community and the traditional leaders to let them know what is going on in this community. They promised to resolve the issue. But this did not yield any positive result until the attack on my office yesterday.”

“They’ve been threatening to kill me for the past 6 months; hence, I am seeking the assistance of the Inspector General of Police for security, the National Assembly, the Governor of Lagos State and the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to come to my aid and justice”. He declared.

Calls made by our correspondent to the Chairman of Ijede LCDA over the alleged matter was not successful at the time of filing this report.

Source: https://starmediaren.com/2021/04/18/one-killed-several-others-injured-as-thugs-attacks-apc-chairmanship-aspirant/

Re: GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant by Whitecoal711: 9:55am On Apr 19, 2021
Nigeria keep me of democracy
Re: GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant by MarveworldG: 10:07am On Apr 19, 2021
This is horrible!
Re: GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant by BigYash: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2021
Na so them wan put am for grave,like say na dead fowl ? Na wah o
Rip to the dead..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2021
Nigeria, no one is safe

Re: GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant by heendrix(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2021
In the last picture they probably saw no need for coffin just throw in the mf and move on
Re: GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant by johnkey: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2021
The deads are asleep shhhh
Re: GRAPHICS: One Killed, Others Injured As Thugs Attacks APC Chairmanship Aspirant by Qatar2022: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
Yoruba people and thug life is like 5$6

(1) (Reply)

Ten People Murdered By Fulani In Southern Kaduna Are Buried- Graphic Pictures / Unknown Gunmen Arrested In IMO State / Six Persons Killed As Two Cult Groups Clash In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.