Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,455 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) (6708 Views)

EndSARS: Falana Chambers Writes IGP, Demands Full Protection For Protesters / JUSUN Strike: Wike Threatens To Enforce No-Work-No-Pay Rule / JUSUN Rejects Governors’ Proposal, Gives Condition To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Metrix147: 2:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
Members of the Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria, JUSUN have taken their nationwide strike to streets across the country, demanding full financial autonomy from the Executive.

JUSUN on Monday took to major streets in Aba and Umuahia both in Abia where they have said the nationwide strike will continue until the Executive arm obeys the judgment of the Federal High Court in 2014 which granted full financial autonomy to the judiciary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1MkxeH3-lM
One of the protesting judicial workers, Arch Onyebuchi Ndukwe an ex-officio of the union who spoke with ABN TV in Umuahia on Monday insisted that the Executive must obey the judgment or appeal it, maintaining that the Governors will not be law unto themselves.

He wondered why the Governors who are beneficiaries of judicial process will not want to yield to the demand of the union.

Arch Ndukwe said the union can no longer depend on the Executive for funding, adding that the purchase of stationery and other items have become difficult with the Executive in control of resources belonging to the judiciary, adding that judiciary can control its funds.

The union embarked on the strike following a 21 day ultimatum to the federal government.

The courts across the country have since been under lock and key following the strike.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/04/nationwide-strike-jusun-shuts-down-abia-demands-full-autonomy-photos-video/

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Dcube212: 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hnnm
Well somethings are better not said
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Jerryherd: 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
What are the Governors afraid of

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Bossil(m): 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
This is serious
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Tigaromil: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
Arch Ndukwe said the union can no longer depend on the Executive for funding, adding that the purchase of stationery and other items have become difficult with the Executive in control of resources belonging to the judiciary, adding that judiciary can control its funds.
Imagine what the judiciary has been reduced to.

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Aaa007: 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2021
biafra keeps going down the drain grin

5 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Sermwell(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
I'm just still wondering why I studied law in this lawless country!! Smh

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by John389(m): 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
A failed state!!!
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by ictjobber: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
Smh
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Ipromote: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
When we complain about Nigeria, who is Nigeria? Isn't it you and I? The country won't get better except we all work towards it

cry
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by KINGSATANREBORN: 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
Can't the NPF teargas these folks, JUSUN embarking on strike action for judges.
Pelicanbeau you need to tre.at your sta.phyloco erusssssss. Dr Iguiedo Goko Cleanser is your best shot that can help you.

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Umueme: 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ok. Is it only in Abia that they are protesting??

Everything Abia posted by AbnTv and IgbereTv pops straight to front page.

Seems like AbnTv and IgbereTV (both owned by Orji Uzor Kalu) has paid NL to bring all there topics to FP.

PS. OUK is from Igbere

#My_Opinion

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by lightheart(m): 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
I wonder what our state governors are afraid of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by lexy2014: 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
When did barack obama start barbing skin cut?

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by lexy2014: 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ipromote:
When we complain about Nigeria, who is Nigeria? Isn't it you and I? The country won't get better except we all work towards it

cry

How do we work together?
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by IMASTEX: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
Jerryherd:
What are the Governors afraid of
Control by Abuja politicians. As a governor, if you're not in the good books of previous governors, party leaders, etc. They can easily use the judiciary to get at the governor. This is why every governor will do everything to put the legislature & judiciary inside their pocket. Same way the FG don't want to allow state police for fear of state not using them to resist the FG, see the current national assembly, CJN saga, etc. The governors know how the political system works in this part of the world. They came in via the same porous selection pattern. It is a game of control & not accountable to the law & the people.

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Ipromote: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
lexy2014:

How do we work together?

Reform
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Map1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
Aaa007:
Drogba is in your head
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Alejobs: 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
There is no easy way to negotiate with Nigerian govt, it is always a real grind but the chips are down and i don't any other option. A powerbank is not a replacement for your laptop / phone battery or charger neither do u need need one due to poor power supply in ur area but u will need it because of days when your device battery is low, or you are on the go and it is important work on pc or phone or maybe power is down and gen refuse to work. It is then you will find a powerbank very useful. Many have missed out on deadline, appointment, lost their way, miss target, dates because they don't have a powerbank around to save the day. Get yourself reliable powerbank today! 080.6531.6307
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Map1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
where were these useless judge when the common masses are voicing out about the calamity ahead?
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
I am affected by this strike ọ. I have some documents awaiting court signatures. E de pain me die
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by shiwex: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
Tigaromil:

Imagine what the judiciary has been reduced to.
Good development, this needs to be replicated in all zones. Nigerians are slowly waking up...
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by adioolayi(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
These Governors should give other arms of government financial autonomy ...It's their constitutional right!
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by IMASTEX: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2021
Map1:
where were these useless judge when the common masses are voicing out about the calamity ahead?
Busy collecting Prado Jeeps

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Jamesbally: 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
Aaa007:

Biafra is a failed Country even before the North gives them independence. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by CasNova: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
Too many strikes in our country.

Things fall apart.
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Map1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
IMASTEX:

Busy collecting Prado Jeeps
every one will feel the heat, this is just a beginning
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by Kolatope20: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
I provide working paypal account that you can you use to send, receive and make payment on any platform that supports PayPal account, that will work well in Nigeria. You can actually enjoy the features and use PayPal in Nigeria perfectly without difficulty, all you need is to know how to use PayPal in Nigeria.I will teach you how to be withdrawing your money from PayPal to your ATM card here in Nigeria, then cash out your money from ATM .

If you need PayPal account you can contact me let deal. My WhatsApp contact is 0-7-0-6-3-3-7-4-1-5-9.
The price is very cheap.
Your satisfaction is my priority
Re: Nationwide Strike: JUSUN Shuts Down Abia, Demands Full Autonomy (photos, Video) by FunkyJustice(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
Way to go..Other states will join the protest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adolphus Aghuhu: No Money Missing From Federation Account / Profile Of Ousmane Yara, The Man In Guinean Chopper With Tinubu (pics) / Tinubu Eyes $4bn Annual Savings From Reduced Bureaucracies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.