Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,613 members, 7,958,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:00 AM

Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) (18613 Views)

Nigeria, UK Battle Over Air Peace Landing Right In Heathrow / Keyamo Writes UK Over Air Peace, May Bar BA, Virgin From Lagos, Abuja Airports / Strike: Lagos Airport Shut Down By NLC, TUC; Air Passengers Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by GoodFaith: 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
KLM did the same foolish stuff some year back
I told the captain that I paid with US dollars
My expectation of services is the same from US to Amsterdam
Other Nigerians start talking
The Europe boys told me to not make trouble
The AC was turn on

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by bazzyblings: 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
Amuluonyenaego:

u are jobless

So is your fada

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by capricornlady: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
Dana too has joined Airpeace in failing Aircondition?

Airpeace is the king of faulty ACs. Airconditions in most of their local flights hardly function and cool properly.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by tshtsh: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2021
what I see here is more of people not understanding how aircraft cooling works. In any case they dont need to know that as they paid for comfort. The aircraft APU must have broken down. I wonder why our ground handling companies dont make available external APUs to make up for bad aircraft APUs. At least that will guarantee that the cabin is cool while on ground

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by JohnBullMySon: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
joey150:
I believe that turning the AC off gives the airplane more power for take off, especially if the plane has a faulty Auxiliary Power Unit or for some other reason It is out of use. The main power for Air-conditioning is drawn off a bleed compressor line that is usually only active during flight.

What these airlines should do is to minimize the amount of time taken to board and depart If they are looking to save energy or fuel by not running an APU for the air conditioning on the ground.

When the plane takes off and you're left with no air conditioning, that is when you should really begin to worry. Albeit, it may be too late then.

However, for some strange reason, this whole hot plane during boarding is saldy common practice for many Nigerian airlines.
If local flights are having faulty APU, how dem dey take start the engine? Is it with a ground unit?
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by malkomchris: 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
Maybe to save fuel
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by GodHatesBigots(m): 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
Zoological republic of Nigeria grin
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by BigDawsNet: 4:56pm On Apr 19, 2021
joey150:
I believe that turning the AC off gives the airplane more power for take off, especially if the plane has a faulty Auxiliary Power Unit or for some other reason It is out of use. The main power for Air-conditioning is drawn off a bleed compressor line that is usually only active during flight.

What these airlines should do is to minimize the amount of time taken to board and depart If they are looking to save energy or fuel by not running an APU for the air conditioning on the ground.

When the plane takes off and you're left with no air conditioning, that is when you should really begin to worry. Albeit, it may be too late then.

However, for some strange reason, this whole hot plane during boarding is saldy common practice for many Nigerian airlines.

An airplane is not design to manage like a vehicle...

If something is not right
Ground the plane and fix it

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2021
Dana Air o ti ya werey
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2021
capricornlady:
Dana too has joined Airpeace in failing Aircondition?

Airpeace is the king of faulty ACs. Airconditions in most of their local flights hardly function and cool properly.
Mumu, can u even afford an airflight. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by risos(m): 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
Make them remove ac money from the ticket price. Jet A1 business be dis aka senior bunkery biz
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by chaloskyx: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
ONLY IN NIGERIA
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by petitejolie(f): 5:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
It’s not easy to stay inside a hot airplane o.. no ventilation at all. And Dey won’t allow u open the emergency exit Atleast for breeze to enter till dey re ready to move
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Ugandatales: 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2021
Scatterscatter:
For those that didn't watch the video, here is the summary :

Oga pilot! This heat is too much, We are not going again ooo... We want to come down abeg cool

grin

Thanks for this comment
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by JetStar: 5:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Air peace is like that
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
bazzyblings:
FTC everyday

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by nnamdiosu(m): 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
zikter:
Bad publicity for the airline. Air peace will monopolize the industry very soon if other airlines are not serious

Air peace has done their own too, same issue. Last two weeks or so
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Goddeywithme: 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
BigBashiru:
Is Buhari responsible for this one too?
What Nigeria lacks is discipline and a maintenance culture (caused by laziness and non-chalance).

Yes he is responsible
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Kokaine(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
what is working properly in Nigeria please
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by azpekuliar: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
This airline company again. I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning them. Wouldn't want to ruin their business for them. sad

I hope you have not seen a repeat of 2012.
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by joey150(m): 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
If local flights are having faulty APU, how dem dey take start the engine? Is it with a ground unit?

I didn't say it was faulty. Of course, I have no idea why the APU was off.

Ask Dana Air. I just gave a basic explanation of what may have happened.
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by riches4me(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2021
joey150:

Based on your analysis, looks like you know 1 or 2 abt airplanes?
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by lexy2014: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
FarahAideed:
Probably a problem with the ground APU , I don't think the MD 80 has an onboard APU .. most people don't know planes are power by am Auxiliary Power unit when they are on the ground doing check list before they whip on those powerful Turbofan jet engines which then take over power generation from the APU

Wetin concern passenger with all this grammar

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by kunleham(m): 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
This airline company again. I wouldn't say what I've seen concerning them. Wouldn't want to ruin their business for them. sad
Say it to safe other people's life!
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Micmuzac: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
honestly, when I saw the headline I thought the case would be as bad as pushing the plane to start like in cartoons, but wait when did plane become BRT going to ikorodu with no AC
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Shellsploit: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
FarahAideed:
Probably a problem with the ground APU , I don't think the MD 80 has an onboard APU .. most people don't know planes are power by am Auxiliary Power unit when they are on the ground doing check list before they whip on those powerful Turbofan jet engines which then take over power generation from the APU

Technician has spoken grin
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Shellsploit: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
Make dem open window na, make breeze enter.
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by ransomed: 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:

You want people to die before you squeal?
You are an accomplice.
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by kyuniii(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
vivalavida:
Imagine sweating in the air and attempting to open the windows

�����
It is better not imagine.
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by kcowen(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
It's an MD83,for quite some times now their APU have been having issues lately so they request for ACU( aircraft cooling Unit) from one of the handling companies,maybe it wasn't provided on time
Re: Dana Air Passengers Protest Over Air Conditioning Issue (Video) by Yungban: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Peace Begins Flight Operations From Lagos To Akure Tomorrow / Students Returning From School Involved In Accident In Enugu,Many Injured(Pics) / It’s Too Risky To Evacuate 5,600 Nigerians In Ukraine Now – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.