Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues (2155 Views)

2001 Toyota Highlander Cooling Fan Issues / 2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy? / Help With Start And Stop Malfunction Toyota Highlander 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hello house
I just got peak a 2007 Toyota Highlander from port now,I noticed one of the fan work directly when I start the SUV while the second remain idle by my thinking I know it's not normal please what should I check for on it?
Your advice candid please I want to travel with the sun now pls and pls.
Thanks.
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by TPound(m): 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
freemayor4u:
Hello house
I just got peak a 2007 Toyota Highlander from port now,I noticed one of the fan work directly when I start the SUV while the second remain idle by my thinking I know it's not normal please what should I check for on it?
Thanks.

The car is still in it's factory settings...
Don't let Kazeem or Yusuf "rape" your car

4 Likes

Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
Please house asking it this the normal way the fan should operate or something is wrong please let me know please if that is the way is should am good then please advice bureau,gazuz please ooo
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by Teeders(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
That is how your car should work,the second fan that remain idle will come on when you switch on the air conditioning system of the car. Don’t allow mechanics to abuse that car by making the fan run all the time.

2 Likes

Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
Teeders I appreciate your response,get me right sir,what am saying is that when I on the Ignition one of the fan will start working immediately my ? Is that
Is this how Toyota Highlander operate?
The Toyota Camry I used before switch one the fan itself when it need it
So am new to highlander just asking is this the normal way highlander operate or its abnormal pls
The noise of the fan is high make me thinks it's abnormal I barely hear my 09 Camry fan when it works and doesn't operate immediately the ignition is on
Please your response
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
Even when the ignition is on position the fan rotate
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by Teeders(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
freemayor4u:
Teeders I appreciate your response,get me right sir,what am saying is that when I on the Ignition one of the fan will start working immediately my ? Is that
Is this how Toyota Highlander operate?
The Toyota Camry I used before switch one the fan itself when it need it
So am new to highlander just asking is this the normal way highlander operate or its abnormal pls
The noise of the fan is high make me thinks it's abnormal I barely hear my 09 Camry fan when it works and doesn't operate immediately the ignition is on
Please your response
With my own experience about tokunbo cars,the two fans are not supposed to work immediately,you see the one that started working immediately u switched on the car has been tampered with and wired directly to the ignition hence the noise you claim you are hearing from it,make sure to find out if the thermostat is in place and find a good electrician to put the fan back in its automatic mode.

1 Like

Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2021
Thank you now I can get your message clearly,same thing a rewire told me that they should check the thermostat if it's there that they will changed it back to automatic though that is how I got the car from port now I will find out thank you boss
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2021
Teeders pls can you give me your number I will like to speak with you pls
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by Teeders(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
freemayor4u:
Teeders pls can you give me your number I will like to speak with you pls
070six86three8
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by DMechy: 11:50am On Apr 20, 2021
freemayor4u:
Hello house
Thanks.

Dont let them touch that car.

Theres nothing wrong from what you described above.

If you are on the mainland, bring the SUV to the shop, let's check
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by iokpebholo: 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Nothing is wrong with ur car sir.Mine is 2005 highlander and that's how it is
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by autologic: 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
Your fan has been tampered with.

2 Likes

Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by 9icetoo(m): 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2021
freemayor4u:
Hello house
Thanks.
Your fan is not supposed to come on when you turn on the ignition.
It is only supposed to come on when the ects or ecu tells it to do so.

It has been tampered with. If your thermostat is still in place, the wont be much issues.

The only downside to this is,
1. Alternator being constantly loaded.
2. Battery being constantly loaded. May run down your battery if you leave the ignition on for a long time
3. You will need battery and or alternator replacements quicker than someone who is running a factory setup.
4. You will need fan replacements quicker than someone running the factory setup.
5. The kazeem who did this may have done a poor electrical job and may expose your car wiring to shorts and potential fire in the engine bay.

Other than the above, you are good.
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2021
9incetoo,autologic,
I can understand you clearly I know it's not supposed to run that way but no one ever touched the motor that is how it came from usa,though they must have done something with from the owner but what should they check from the car please.
I don't want to give it to kazeem and am not in lagos
Pls help.
Thank.
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
Iopkebolo pls give your number autologic and other pls let me talk to you
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2021
Pls my good people drop your monkey me call you to explain better pls and pls
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by chillex8(m): 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
freemayor4u:
9incetoo,autologic,
I can understand you clearly I know it's not supposed to run that way but no one ever touched the motor that is how it came from usa,though they must have done something with from the owner but what should they check from the car please.
I don't want to give it to kazeem and am not in lagos
Pls help.
Thank.
Some oyinbos tamper with their cooling system too.
Some go as far as using a lower temp range thermostat.
Don't always assume because it came from Oyibo land, It's perfect.

3 Likes

Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2021
Chillex8 I got you right am now asking for what to check cause I don't like it that way please guru
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
Chillex8 I got you right am now asking for what to check cause I don't like it that way please guru
All I need is to guide me on what to check on the SUV I don't want kazeem to tamper with it more.
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2021
All I need is to guide me on what to check on the SUV I don't want kazeem to tamper with it more.pls and pls
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 9:08am On Apr 24, 2021
Still waiting for your response
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 2:15pm On Apr 25, 2021
Guru pls treat my issue pls
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 11:21am On Apr 26, 2021
freemayor4u:
Hello house
Thanks.
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 2:59am On Apr 28, 2021
Is there no guru in the house
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by nbolaji(m): 6:38am On Apr 28, 2021
Does this come on in the morning when the engine is cold too?
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 9:10am On Apr 28, 2021
Nbolaji,
The fan works all the times when the key is on in the ignition and when I start the motor it works all the times.
I know it's not normal,I need a clear direction before I ask anyone to check it for me.
Please help
Thanks
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by nbolaji(m): 11:04am On Apr 28, 2021
freemayor4u:
Nbolaji,
The fan works all the times when the key is on in the ignition and when I start the motor it works all the times.
I know it's not normal,I need a clear direction before I ask anyone to check it for me.
Please help
Thanks

Something is not right, i believe it has been tempered with from obodo oyinbo. @Gazzuzz and @Nurey can help you out.
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2021
@Gazzuzz and Nurey
Pls help my fan always work at ignition position and start it works all the times is should not be so
Pls help your guy what should they check on the suv
Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by kentozybee(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
Teeders:
That is how your car should work,the second fan that remain idle will come on when you switch on the air conditioning system of the car. Don’t allow mechanics to abuse that car by making the fan run all the time.
I sight you

1 Like

Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by lakefist(m): 11:42pm On Apr 29, 2021
freemayor4u:
Nbolaji,
Please help
Thanks

I think that is how highlander work.

Mine too does exactly same thing.

When engine runs, only one fan works unless I on the AC, both fans work.

1 Like

Re: 2007 Toyota Highlander Fan Issues by freemayor4u: 10:02am On Apr 30, 2021
Lakefist can I ask you few questions please when you put your key at on position did your radiator fan works or it only works when you start up the SUV?
My work when the key is at on post which is not supposed to be so so am curious about it
Thanks for your response

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My 406 Is Jerking With Black Smoke Coming Out From Behind / old post / Free Diagnostics Using Autel Maxi Sys Elite (july 7th Start Date)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.