Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi (933 Views)

Transsion And Xiaomi: We Disagree To Agree / My Observation On Transsion Phones. Their Differences And Simmilarities / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by KimVenom(m): 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2021
Good day Guys!!!

Pardon my English in case of any error.

I have been witnessing the war going on with the Xiaomi and Transsion counterparts to be sincere in my own point of view.

Transsion are based around budget devices and alot of people I know trust either Tecno, Itel or infinix due to the availability of parts incase of damage and it's flawless I love that but I think the durability of a phone rest more on the build and the owner I remember back then smashing my Tecno W3 on the wall the phone got blind so know I have been using Tecno too now this lead me down to this.

Processor:

Xiaomi is superior in this aspect but I won't fault Transsion cause it might be one of their marketing strategies, but even at similar price Xiaomi still tops.

Ram:

Transsion delivers more ram for budget price than Xiaomi.

Screen:

Xiaomi has more better screens than Transsion phone and even more pixel density.

Design:

Am gonna leave this one to the users to judge.

Features:

Xiaomi phones have more features e.g NFC, IRblaster but NFC is not mostly use in Nigeria so it does not mean much.

Durability:

I won't say but I have used an umidigi a3 pro for almost like two years and I didn't have any issues the phone is still in good shape even after some countless dropping it still survived without cracks until I smashed it against the wall out of foolish anger (maybe I have anger issues loLzzz)
I knew it was done for but it survived with little cracks on the front and the back glass you won't notice it if you don't look closely that was the day I gave umidigi a thumbs up though it's not ip rated but it handles water pretty well got soaked sometimes and it still live.

So my view is it doesn't matter carlcare or not if the phone is durable enough and you handle it very well it will serve you well.

MIUI vs Hios

Again down to personal preference but i like the MiUi more.

Brand size:

Xiaomi is a bigger brand more than Transsion having their own other accessories but in Nigeria Transsion takes the lead(don't know about the Africa continent as a whole).

Camera:

I think the Xiaomi edge a bit since the productivity of a camera does not depend on the the number of mp (megapixel) but don't get me wrong some Transsion phones cameras can still be better than Xiaomi's.

Value for Money:

It is a tough one but if you on a low budget Transsion is the way but if you gat the cash to splash then Xiaomi is the way.

So folks let's not argue again it's clear Transsion ain't aiming for the best unlike Xiaomi are, that's why they dominate the Africa or Nigerian market but Xiaomi can give them a run for their money, cause Xiaomi have more better options to offer even at a similar price range but it won't be easy breaking the hold and trust Transsion has on the market.

Final take

Both brands are good

Give me your take thanks folks.

Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Mustiboy(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
You're yarning dust.

Xiaomi beats Transsion in every aspect you mentioned there, and it is a far bigger brand that Transsion globally. Xiaomi competes with Samsung and Apple, not all these small boys.

That said, Xiaomi only launched in Nigeria less than two years ago, so it's only a matter of time before they overtake Transsion.

Xiaomi has been overtaking almost every brand in every country they launched, and these are brands far better than Transsion.

Show me one Transsion device that is currently better than Xiaomi's Midranger, Redmi Note 10 Pro.

7 Likes

Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by KimVenom(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mustiboy:
You're yarning dust.

Xiaomi beats Transsion in every aspect you mentioned there, and it is a far bigger brand that Transsion globally. Xiaomi competes with Samsung and Apple, not all these small boys.

That said, Xiaomi only launched in Nigeria less than two years ago, so it's only a matter of time before they overtake Transsion.

Xiaomi has been overtaking almost every brand in every country they launched, and these are brands far better than Transsion.

Show me one Transsion device that is currently better than Xiaomi's Midranger, Redmi Note 10 Pro.

Yes I know there are better but for now the Transsion has it that's why I said they will give Transsion a run for their money if they eventually mean business in Africa.

The thing is Transsion can't compete against them overseas but the Transsion are happy with their business which Redmi is about to spoil Samsung tried they couldn't let's see if Xiaomi can do it cause they are armed to the teeth love to see the response from Transsion though.
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Yourfav: 7:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mustiboy:
You're yarning dust.

the banter has always been between transsion and xiaomi. Which one come be they're competing with Samsung and apple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Mustiboy(m): 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
Yourfav:
the banter has always been between transsion and xiaomi. Which one come be they're competing with Samsung and apple

Because those are the two Xiaomi is really competing with, not these small small boys like Transsion

7 Likes

Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by tosaino95(m): 7:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Nonsense Verdict
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Yourfav: 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mustiboy:

Because those are the two Xiaomi is really competing with, not these small small boys like Transsion
how are they competing with them na? We've not seen xiaomi, Samsung or apple in any banter
It's always xiaomi against transsion. Even this thread is about xiaomi and transsion
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by saratackit: 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
Hmm that's deep

Well you just need to do a small survey about them

Try moving around a campus or a market and see the phones they are holding/using out of 20 smartphone users you hardly see 2 to 3 people using any Xiaomi related devices...

Since you said both phones are good I think people preferred "GOOD and AFFORDABLE" prices device...

That's the reason you see much of transsion phones out there.

My TAKE
KimVenom:
Good day Guys!!!

Pardon my English in case of any error.

I have been witnessing the war going on with the Xiaomi and Transsion counterparts to be sincere in my own point of view.

Transsion are based around budget devices and alot of people I know trust either Tecno, Itel or infinix due to the availability of parts incase of damage and it's flawless I love that but I think the durability of a phone rest more on the build and the owner I remember back then smashing my Tecno W3 on the wall the phone got blind so know I have been using Tecno too now this lead me down to this.

Processor:

Xiaomi is superior in this aspect but I won't fault Transsion cause it might be one of their marketing strategies, but even at similar price Xiaomi still tops.

Ram:

Transsion delivers more ram for budget price than Xiaomi.

Screen:

Xiaomi has more better screens than Transsion phone and even more pixel density.

Design:

Am gonna leave this one to the users to judge.

Features:

Xiaomi phones have more features e.g NFC, IRblaster but NFC is not mostly use in Nigeria so it does not mean much.

Durability:

I won't say but I have used an umidigi a3 pro for almost like two years and I didn't have any issues the phone is still in good shape even after some countless dropping it still survived without cracks until I smashed it against the wall out of foolish anger (maybe I have anger issues loLzzz)
I knew it was done for but it survived with little cracks on the front and the back glass you won't notice it if you don't look closely that was the day I gave umidigi a thumbs up though it's not ip rated but it handles water pretty well got soaked sometimes and it still live.

So my view is it doesn't matter carlcare or not if the phone is durable enough and you handle it very well it will serve you well.

MIUI vs Hios

Again down to personal preference but i like the MiUi more.

Brand size:

Xiaomi is a bigger brand more than Transsion having their own other accessories but in Nigeria Transsion takes the lead(don't know about the Africa continent as a whole).

Camera:

I think the Xiaomi edge a bit since the productivity of a camera does not depend on the the number of mp (megapixel) but don't get me wrong some Transsion phones cameras can still be better than Xiaomi's.

Value for Money:

It is a tough one but if you on a low budget Transsion is the way but if you gat the cash to splash then Xiaomi is the way.

So folks let's not argue again it's clear Transsion ain't aiming for the best unlike Xiaomi are, that's why they dominate the Africa or Nigerian market but Xiaomi can give them a run for their money, cause Xiaomi have more better options to offer even at a similar price range but it won't be easy breaking the hold and trust Transsion has on the market.

Final take

Both brands are good

Give me your take thanks folks.

1 Like

Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Theanyanwu: 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mustiboy:

if Xiaomi is competing with Samsung and co, why is it that you guys always jump on anything Transsion? Why not focus on your Competitors and leave the "small boy" alone? Your reasoning here holds not water sir.
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Kayconcept2(m): 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Another nonsense article intentionally written against transsion and then the writer is asking stupid questions, knowing fully well that the battle here on Nairaland (Phone section) have always been between Xiaomi and Transsion device (TECNO Mobile especially), and all they do is to de market transsion products so they can take over the African market, the same African markets they always abuse tecno of dominating.

Despite tecno mobile getting FCC certification recently, some are still saying it's not yet a global device.
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by masterfactor(m): 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
@op why are you supporting mediocrity, this how you people were comparing a global brand with a trassion phone.

2 Likes

Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Sunkanmiwise(m): 8:56pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mustiboy:
You're yarning dust.

REDMI NOTE 10 and Camon 16 Premier
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Kakadancefreak(f): 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2021
Am totally with you on this one o!

Is not a lie though! The percentage of people using transsion phones are more than other brands, aside the affordability, I think it also has a lot to do with it being user friendly. You said is for all categories of persons, even market women prefer it.

Is not complicated like other brands e.g IPhone
saratackit
post=100940814:

Hmm that's deep

Well you just need to do a small survey about them

Try moving around a campus or a market and see the phones they are holding/using out of 20 smartphone users you hardly see 2 to 3 people using any Xiaomi related devices...

Since you said both phones are good I think people preferred "GOOD and AFFORDABLE" prices device...

That's the reason you see much of transsion phones out there.

My TAKE
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Mohbola(f): 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
It is hilarious to see Xiaomi fan boys jump on anything Transsion related. Why are you guys so bothered about Transsion? grin
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Mustiboy(m): 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2021
Sunkanmiwise:

REDMI NOTE 10 and Camon 16 Premier

Camon 16 Premier is better than Redmi Note 10 Pro?
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by saratackit: 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
grin I remembered when my mom wants to get us a phone after my waec she trusted us with TECNO device telling us she's happy to get the phones for me and my kid bro... Cuz in 2 3 years time she won't need to disturb herself getting another one cuz she believed that the phone is strong and durable.

Most of them still believes that till now and I think she's right cuz I had to get myself a new phone to upgrade to this level... The phone too no gree spoil or get any issue...

But my kid bros phone got stolen where he went to play ball then...

So she's right and many still considers that smiley
Kakadancefreak:
Am totally with you on this one o!

Is not a lie though! The percentage of people using transsion phones are more than other brands, aside the affordability, I think it also has a lot to do with it being user friendly. You said is for all categories of persons, even market women prefer it.

Is not complicated like other brands e.g IPhone
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
you've said it all but xiaomi fans no go free hear word

There mind has been set on calling transsion trash even though some of them have little understanding of phones......signing out

1 Like

Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mustiboy:
You're yarning dust.

both the zero 8 and canon 16 premier comes to mind though its chip set bests them but it they are far more affordable than it......signing out
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by tafat: 11:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
i i think they are both great brands with their strengths and weaknesses, but tecno has an edge when it comes to bein g budget friendly.
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by tafat: 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
this is so false, xaomi no best transsion for anywhere
Mustiboy:
You're yarning dust.

Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Realboygenius(m): 8:32am On Apr 26, 2021
Mustiboy:
You're yarning dust.

Is that why they are struggling to compete with Trassion here in Africa?
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Realboygenius(m): 8:34am On Apr 26, 2021
A whole lot of Xiaomi fan boy here are using TECNO Phones grin
But don't loud it.
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Ajilenu: 11:13am On Apr 26, 2021
Yourfav:
how are they competing with them na? We've not seen xiaomi, Samsung or apple in any banter
It's always xiaomi against transsion. Even this thread is about xiaomi and transsion
he's just shooting himself in the foot.
Re: Final Verdict On Transsion And Xiaomi by Ajilenu: 11:13am On Apr 26, 2021
Realboygenius:
A whole lot of Xiaomi fan boy here are using TECNO Phones grin
But don't loud it.
I'm telling you. They can't even afford Xiaomi o.

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Poco F3 Price, Specs, Review, And Best Deals / 6 Best Features Of The Mediatek Helio G96 / Pls Help Us Guys, My Mother Mistakenly Recharge Her Simcard With 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.