Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) - TV/Movies (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) (58803 Views)

BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
So Fals saved Naomi Mac against Dapo this Night, and Waje did not save Anuoluwa. The voice is a sham.

To be candid, it was quite expected. Both Naomi's and Dapo's performance were at the same brilliant level. So the distinguishing factor will come into play which is who knows who. Naomi is Falz's favourite. Same as Esther for Dare which was why he lost Dapo in the first instance. Also, it's Kitay for Yemi. Anybody against all these guys should know that they are automatically up for eviction

2 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Infolenka: 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
ThierryJay:

Give it a rest na, at least she's already out. You can't blame her for giving a shot at success abi.

I don't like her. I have the right to express my views about someone I don't like.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
ThierryJay:

To be candid, it was quite expected. Both Naomi's and Dapo's performance were at the same brilliant level. So the distinguishing factor will come into play which is who knows who. Naomi is Falz's favourite. Same as Esther for Dare which was why he lost Dapo in the first instance. Also, it's Kitay for Yemi. Anybody against all these guys should know that they are automatically up for eviction

Nothing brilliant in Naomi's performance yesterday. She is a great singer, but did not do justice to that great song. She screamed alot though if thats great singing to you.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kingdom my man. You re the winner jare

2 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kingdom yessss cheesy. Top 2

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by NewDelhi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
Is today the final?
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Zizim: 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
Congratulations to kingdom and Francis

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Nothing brilliant in Naomi's performance yesterday. She is a great singer, but did not do justice to that great song. She screamed alot though if thats great singing to you.

Naomi's performance was brilliant both at the vocal and energy level. She sounded a lot like Beyonce.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
Akunna bye bye. You tried
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Infolenka: 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
ThierryJay:

To be fair, the audience prefers Naomi to Dapo. He doesn't have that Star quality. He's not even a fine boy. These are the same exact reasons why Seyi Shay didn't give him a yes at Nigerian idol. I know these are sentiments but it is what it is. This is showbiz. The producers need money and they need someone the audience will rally around and vote for.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2021
Infolenka:

I don't like her. I have the right to express my views about someone I don't like.

No one is challenging your right. But you can tone it down a bit cos the negativity being projected is a bit too strong for this thread.

2 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2021
I am quite glad with how things turned out so far. Nigerian idols proving again to be more credible than the sham called the voice Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
Akunna you tried and indeed set some fire to the season.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Infolenka: 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
ThierryJay:

No one is challenging your right. But you can tone it down a bit cos the negativity being projected is a bit too strong for this thread.

I made just one comment and you are telling me to tone it down. Oga snowflake, if you don't like my comment, please skip. Which one be negativity again?
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
ThierryJay:

Naomi's performance was brilliant both at the vocal and energy level. She sounded a lot like Beyonce.

Go and watch the four, and listen to the lady that sang glory. I could buy the "ordinary people" versions did by Dapo, I will not listen a second time to Naomi's glory, amongst thousand of other covers. My opinion though, I am happy with yours cheers
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
Nice one akunna
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
sgtponzihater1:
I am quite glad with how things turned out so far. Nigerian idols proving again to be more credible than the sham called the voice Nigeria

I agree this years Idols is more believable than the Voice. But it also had its share of biased moments especially earlier on in the show with Beyonce and Comfort. A number of better singers were sacrificed for these two.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Infolenka: 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

The voice is way better than Nigerian idol though. Production quality, stage, sound etc.

The voice Nigeria contestants are way better than these clowns on Nigerian idol. Only Kingdom can compete with them.

Esther makes Akunna sound like a child.

Francis should take singing lessons from Naomi

Abeg Kingdom is the only reason I'm still watching this show.

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2021
Infolenka:

The voice is way better than Nigerian idol though. Production quality, stage, sound etc.

The voice Nigeria contestants are way better than these clowns on Nigerian idol. Only Kingdom can compete with them.

Esther makes Akunna sound like a child.

Francis should take singing lessons from Naomi

Abeg Kingdom is the only reason I'm still watching this show.

You opinion. The fairness in Nigerian idol is up to 85%,

The voice on the other hand, including the judges is a reflection of why Nigeria is backward as a country, with nepotism, deception, and favouritism reigning supreme everytime.

Waje choosing Elizabeth against the guy who sang Tems song, and after Dapo claimed to give them goose bumps with one of the judges unable to close his mouth he was still sent for the slaughter.

4 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Even with Idols greater credibility, it still doesn't match the Voice in terms of contestant quality. As it stands, the last two left, Kingdom and Francis are the only Idols contestants who can hold a candle vocally to Esther, Naomi, Dapo, Kitay and Anuoluwa. No other Idols contestants can compete talentwise with these five from Voice.

Even Nurse Tosin from Voice is vocally better than Akunna, Idols number 3.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
ThierryJay:

Even with Idols greater credibility, it still doesn't match the Voice in terms of contestant quality. As it stands, the last two left, Kingdom and Francis are the only Idols contestants who can hold a candle vocally to Esther, Naomi, Dapo, Kitay and Anuoluwa. No other Idols contestants can compete talentwise with these five from Voice.

When you finish diminishing the effort of young and blessed fellow humans like you, also please drop a voice note of yourself singing better than them.

2 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Infolenka: 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

You opinion. The fairness in Nigerian idol is up to 85%,

The voice on the other hand, including the judges is a reflection of why Nigeria is backward as a country, with nepotism, deception, and favouritism reigning supreme everytime.

Waje choosing Elizabeth against the guy who sang Tems song, and after Dapo claimed to give them goose bumps with one of the judges unable to close his mouth he was still sent for the slaughter.

All the contestants remaining on The Voice are good. At this stage the judges are making decisions based on who the audience would rally around and support. So it's understandable why falz would pick Naomi over Dapo. Dapo is a good singer but I prefer watching Naomi sing. She has that star quality.

The Nigerian idol you people are praising also did the same to Dapo lol. Beyonce wasn't more deserved of the top 11 than alot of good talents that weren't picked. Even comfort as well.
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kingdom delivers as always. Congratulations in advance my guy cool

3 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Infolenka: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
ThierryJay:

Abeg Francis is very overrated. His voice cracks alot when he sings. He just has a unique Baritone. Abeg don't compare him to those guys you mentioned. He isn't at their level. Only Kingdom is The Voice material

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
Infolenka:

All the contestants remaining on The Voice are good. At this stage the judges are making decisions based on who the audience would rally around and support. So it's understandable why falz would pick Naomi over Dapo. Dapo is a good singer but I prefer watching Naomi sing. She has that star quality.

The Nigerian idol you people are praising also did the same to Dapo lol. Beyonce wasn't more deserved of the top 11 than alot of good talents that weren't picked. Even comfort as well.

The star quality that did not show any spark despite being a runner up in project fame grin or the recycled Kitay that remains less than 26 after being on project fame, more that half a decade ago? Make everybody dey whine themselves.

All of a sudden Naomi Mac is now a beautiful angel, and Dapo is "ugly". A voice competition is now a beauty contest. If na so Teni, Seal, etc won't be star.

Make I watch credible show abeg.

All the best

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

When you finish diminishing the effort of young and blessed fellow humans like you, also please drop a voice note of yourself singing better than them.

Lol, comparisons of famous people in their chosen fields did not start today and it will not end today too. I am not a singer, but in my professional field, feel free to compare me by all means.

And bro dont take this too personal. It's all about preference.

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Infolenka: 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
Poor performance by Francis. Cracked voice. Nothing special. Next please

1 Like

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Chachamiliano: 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
Round 1 goes to Kingdom

2 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
Francis can sing. He reminds me of Bebe Winans. Proud of him.

However Kingdom has it for me anytime

4 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by Infolenka: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kingdom should have all the votes abeg. Kingdom is miles better than this Francis dude. Anybody with a functioning ear would easily vote Kingdom.

2 Likes

Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ThierryJay: 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
Infolenka:

Abeg Francis is very overrated. His voice cracks alot when he sings. He just has a unique Baritone. Abeg don't compare him to those guys you mentioned. He isn't at their level. Only Kingdom is The Voice material

I dont think he is overrated. I think he is just not consistent. Sometimes he sounds spectacular case in point the Sam Smith rendition of writing on the wall, other times he is just ordinary. It's about the consistency for me. Though I agree he is not as good as any of the Voice top 5
Re: 2021: Nigerian Idol Season 6 (Live Updates) by ALEXAPLAYME: 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2021
They should crown this guy the already jorh. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply)

BBNaija: See How Nigerians Voted For Their Favorite Housemates (photos) / Bbnaija: See How Nigerians Voted For Their Favorite Housemates (photos) / Gifty's Reply When Ebuka Asked If She Was A 'hairdresser'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.