Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) (266 Views)

Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich Reject European Super League / What's Now Happening To Michael Oliver After Champions League Controversy Is Jus / What's Now Happening To Michael Oliver After Champions League Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) by ThiagoKid(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
UCL winner gets £82.4m

EPL winner gets £150m

Total= £232.4m

For participating in European SUPER LEAGUE, you get £350m.

Winner gets £500m.

Now, tell me why ESL should not be formed?

Lalasticlala
Re: European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) by Nbotee(m): 9:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
All the whole noise is jus what they are; noise... Football is simply all about the money now... In a world where paying 70m to 100m for 1 player now feels normal, it is inevitable for clubs to find ways to sign the best players and keep their best players..
Re: European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) by XXXXTENTACION: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
When ESL is formed ...
Re: European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
ESL is bae. Me I like d idea of ESL o. Imagine watching all these big teams and their stars play weekly against each other...TV rights no go be small o. and all these monies go to those few clubs directly instead of modafucken UEFA sharing it to 36 teams...the revolution has come to football grin
Re: European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
It's not about the money but the continuity of the game, what the fans are saying.
Various leagues should not allow clubs participating be part of the league. Allow the sign their own players. I'm not in support of Super League
Re: European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
ThiagoKid:
UCL winner gets £82.4m

EPL winner gets £150m

Total= £232.4m

Winner gets £500m.

Lalasticlala
Made for only 12 clubs, what of the others, they are useless abi

1 Like

Re: European Super League Controversy's: Be Sincere. (opinion) by Wallade(m): 4:34am On Apr 20, 2021
ThiagoKid:
UCL winner gets £82.4m

EPL winner gets £150m

Total= £232.4m

Winner gets £500m.

Lalasticlala

Honestly, I like the idea. I think the majority of the fans don't understand it yet and the animosity against it by football governing bodies made fans and players more uncomfortable. Most people feel it is an attempt to change football competition.

However, it is simply the same process that started other football competition. The proposed European Super League is a competition anyway. It is not closed to other clubs, it is scheduled to start with the 15 selected clubs because they are the ones with the guts to challenge status quo. I believe they will accommodate other clubs when the league is eventually accepted.

Football is expensive business, maintenance of clubs and players are expensive. COVID 19 has impoverished the clubs and the big clubs are worst hit because they pay more bills.

The fans are worried champions and Europa leagues will be over for their clubs.

Players are worried they will be banned from all other competitions if they engage in ESL.

UEFA is cursing, threatening and ranting everywhere; trying to muscle and whip the differing clubs into line with threats and ambush tactics using players and fans against the clubs.

Guess what, UEFA and FIFA have no right to ban players unjustly from competitions for actions of their employers.

Football today has gone beyond just fans and stakeholders, it is majorly about the majority shareholders who are the big investors. They are the investors that stake their funds to make fans keep seeing their darling clubs competing.

How would Bruno Fernandez feel if Man Utd can't pay his salary anymore?

Ozil refused to have paycut but he feels the need to speak against club owners to earn more income for the club.

B. Dortmund was gonna Bleep Man Utd for 120million pounds in Sancho sale and demanding 150 million pounds for Harland sale yet they feel they have the right to criticize other clubs on attempt to earn more money.

Depreciating Pogba is asking for 500,000 pounds per week new contract so you can imagine, where will the money come from.

I laugh in the face of UEFA and FIFA

(1) (Reply)

Unai Emery Charges Chukwueze, Others To Make History Against Arsenal / Today Sure Bet No Two Ways About It ⚽ � � / I Lost A Black Wallet On Ijede Road Ikorodu On Monday Apil 26th 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.