Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,192 members, 7,811,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

International Travelers Are Receiving Free Covid Vaccines In The U.S. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / International Travelers Are Receiving Free Covid Vaccines In The U.S. (115 Views)

French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / See The Oldest Person In Cross River Receiving Free Medical Home Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Travelers Are Receiving Free Covid Vaccines In The U.S. by WinifredVII: 2:22am On Apr 20, 2021
Vaccine tourism is skyrocketing and travelers from around the world are flocking to the United States to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. So is traveling to the U.S. to receive a Covid-19 vaccine permitted? The answer is not easy but from what Travel Off Path has discovered, it’s already happening.Travel Off Path reached out to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for clarification on the matter. In a phone interview with a CBP officer, she clearly stated “No, it’s not allowed, foreign citizens are not able to enter the United States for the purpose of getting a vaccine.”So why are travelers still flocking from around the world to the U.S. and receiving their Covid-19 vaccine? They can, it’s just not as cut and dry as it seems.
Travel Off Path reached out to a Mexican resident who recently received her Covid-19 vaccine on a tourist visa while visiting Texas. She only wanted to be identified as María in fear of backlash from U.S. authorities. María explained that she flew to Dallas from Mexico City, received her Covid-19 vaccine and went back to to Mexico a few days later. “I was actually just visiting Dallas for tourism so decided to get the shot while I was there,” María told Travel Off Path.
She explained she was able to enter the United States for the primary purpose of tourism when interviewed by CPB. “I don’t feel bad, I told the border patrol the truth, I was there for tourism and I love Dallas,” María explained. “They were offering vaccines and there were tons of appointments so I got one and I only had to show my Mexican Passport as proof of identity.”
According to Texas Health and Human Services “There is no residency or citizenship requirement to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, and a social security number is not required.”
From what Travel Off Path has learned, María was able to receive her vaccine by visiting the U.S. for tourism and then receiving the shot while she was there. Whether it’s a loop hole, grey area or some U.S. States want the influx of tourism dollars, it is possible for non US citizens to easily get a Covid-19 vaccine in the states that allow it.
States could easily prevent non-citizens from getting the vaccine by requiring proof of residency but that also poses a problem for undocumented immigrants. States want to vaccinate as many people as possible and according to American Progress, undocumented immigrants make up 3.2% of the US population. That is over 10 million people living in the U.S. that would not qualify for the vaccine if proof of residency was required which would hamper vaccination efforts in some states.Travel Off Path reached out to Walmart pharmacies in Texas, Louisiana and Arizona. All three pharmacies confirmed a U.S. passport was not required for a Covid-19 vaccine. The only requirement was a government issued photo ID such as a drivers license or passport. All three pharmacies confirmed that a non U.S. passport such as a Mexican or Canadian was acceptable identification.
They did however mention to bring proof of health insurance if possible but having no insurance would not prevent a person from receiving the Covid-19 vaccine for free.

(1) (Reply)

Fauci: Covid Vaccination For Young Children By Early 2022 At The Latest / Four Factors Make Chronic Prostatitis Extremely Refractory / COVID Surges, U.S. Asks Citizens To Avoid Traveling To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.