Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,587 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Can This Be Possible With Excel? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can This Be Possible With Excel? (511 Views)

In Need Of Someone Who Is Good With Excel / Hash Analytic Internship (A Possible Scam) / Need Help With Excel Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Be Possible With Excel? by dollyj1996(m): 9:09am On Apr 20, 2021
Hello guys, am working on a score sheet of a public school with over 400 students in S.S 1 to input their scores. All the list were listed in alphabetical order(irrespective of the arm I mean S.S 1A or S.S 1B) with all subjects list along with names. So in case the student is not offering the subject it will be left blank. So by that it takes time to locate each name on the total list. Am thinking if there is a way of providing an Excel template that will show only student offering the subject and it will extracted to the main board sheet. Each subject teacher will b given template for only students offering his or her subject. Thanks
Re: Can This Be Possible With Excel? by dollyj1996(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
hello
Re: Can This Be Possible With Excel? by Jummate(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
Your description is not clear enough. Perhaps you should rephrase

1 Like

Re: Can This Be Possible With Excel? by Bishop7170: 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
group and filter your data set.
Re: Can This Be Possible With Excel? by dollyj1996(m): 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Jummate:
Your description is not clear enough. Perhaps you should rephrase
okay this is what am saying. I ve a score sheet that over 300 which I need to enter their score for each subject. how do I make it possible that each subject teacher will b given only students offering the subject and it will reflect in the main score sheet
Re: Can This Be Possible With Excel? by Jummate(m): 10:14pm On Apr 20, 2021
dollyj1996:
okay this is what am saying. I ve a score sheet that over 300 which I need to enter their score for each subject. how do I make it possible that each subject teacher will b given only students offering the subject and it will reflect in the main score sheet
From my understanding of this description, Pivot Tables in Excel should work for this. Yours is to just filter by subject. For example, say you need to see all students doing Mathematics, just filter the data by checking Mathematics only and leaving all other subjects unchecked. Doing this, all the students of Mathematics will appear on the table. You can then do the editing/entry as you want.

You can research more on Pivot Tables to be able to relate with the points I have raised.
Re: Can This Be Possible With Excel? by dollyj1996(m): 12:48am On Apr 23, 2021
Jummate:

From my understanding of this description, Pivot Tables in Excel should work for this. Yours is to just filter by subject. For example, say you need to see all students doing Mathematics, just filter the data by checking Mathematics only and leaving all other subjects unchecked. Doing this, all the students of Mathematics will appear on the table. You can then do the editing/entry as you want.

You can research more on Pivot Tables to be able to relate with the points I have raised.
thank u

(1) (Reply)

Free Online Converter Helps You Convert Videos Easily / Internship Application / How To Integrate SMS Notification In Laravel 8 | Twilio SMS API 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.