Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Create A Wordpress Website Locally(for Practice) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Create A Wordpress Website Locally(for Practice) (191 Views)

6-disadvantages Of Hosting Your Website Locally In Nigeria / A Guide On How To Reduce The Downtime On A Wordpress Website / 9 Common Problems Of A Wordpress Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Create A Wordpress Website Locally(for Practice) by ActivistJoe(m): 10:19am On Apr 20, 2021
Every aspiring wordpress developer(not just designers) would need to understand some front end, PHP and also working with wordpress websites locally. Personally I like experimenting with wordpress sites, and spoiling and repairing(tweaking) themes and plugins.

I would quickly highlight the steps to install wordpress websites on your local computer without paying any money all you need is about 300mb of internet data for installation that's all. But if you want to watch it in video below.

The steps are outlined below:
1. Download Xammp at

2. Download Wordpress File

3. Install the downloaded Xammp software. A xammp folder would be automatically created for you.

4. a. Unzip the wordpress file downloaded.
b. Go to the Xammp that has been created during installation. Look for a folder called htdocs.
c. Now create a folder in that htdocs folder let's say "myfirst". So we have this directory ::> xammp/htdocs/myfirst
d. So copy all the files in the extracted wordpress folder (4a). Paste them in "my first" directory (4c).

5. Now open the installed xammp software. AND and hit start for the first two options.(Apache and Mysql). Wait for them to be green or yellow.

7. Now go to your browser, type "localhost" in the address bar and hit enter. A page would be opened. On the page click the php myadmin and create a new database. Called "myfirst". Please check the video attached if you're confused.

6. Now go to your browser and visit.
"localhost/myfirst"

7. Your wordpress website should be ready to be installed. Fill in the details keep the password field empty/blank. Make, host name would be localhost, database user would be the username you used for the database in (5)

8. If you entered the correct information you are good to go!

I have taken time to explain each step in the video. Even a baby would understand��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PrcOJovn-g

If it deserves being liked and subscribed too please do. Else comment why not. Thanks a lot. I like fixing faulty wordpress sites and themes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Best SEO Friendly Wordpress Themes 2021 / 20% Off Memorial Day Savings On Domain.com |limited Time / Trade Any Gift Card (instant Payment)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.