Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! (2072 Views)

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / N150Mn Ransom For Siasia's Mother: Govt Abandons Siasia To His Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by henry101(m): 3:47am On Apr 21, 2011
Nigeria coach Samson Siasia will include Arsenal starlet Chuks Aneke when he names the Nigeria squad which will face Argentina in Abuja on June 1.

Last week, Siasia convinced the young midfielder, who has represented England at Under 18 level, to switch his international allegiance to Nigeria, and has now said he will bring him in as early as next month.

"We will invite him to come and have a feel of our squad, meet with the other players, see how we do things, and bond with the team," Siasia said.

Aneke will be joined by at least one of the other players Siasia has met in his travels.

"We would have liked to bring all of them, but we also have to look at the NFF's financial position.

"But it's important for these boys to come in and see that things are actually changing and they can have a better international future with Nigeria.

"Our focus is the 2014 World Cup, and some of these players will be at their peak by the time it comes around."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/21373/samson-siasia-to-call-up-chuks-aneke-for-argentina.php
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by henry101(m): 3:53am On Apr 21, 2011
Follow up to this discussion.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-649819.0.html

Hopefully he justifies his inclusion.
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by DisGuy: 12:00am On Apr 22, 2011
When will SiaSia give the little boys in academies up and down the country a chance?

when will they be made to feel among, when will they be made to feel they don't have to steal money to travel abroad for exposure so they could play for their country?

Even the Youth team is filled with 'international' players

anyway im sure the smart boy will get the flu several times, till siasia start moaning about not begging anyone to play like he is has been about onuaha
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by doublekay: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2011
Dis Guy:

When will SiaSia give the little boys in academies up and down the country a chance?

when will they be made to feel among, when will they be made to feel they don't have to steal money to travel abroad for exposure so they could play for their country?

Even the Youth team is filled with 'international' players

anyway im sure the smart boy will get the flu several times, till siasia start moaning about not begging anyone to play like he is has been about onuaha
truth talk my man its high time boys in this country get a fair share of the beggin
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by medjai(m): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2011
Last time out, it was Nnamdi Oduamadi he called up, a player that has only made one sub appearance for AC Milan all season and still plays for AC Milan reserves. Now, it's Aneke that hardly even gets to play for Arsenal reserves. It seems Siaone is hell bent on calling up just about anybody that plays in Europe.
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by DisGuy: 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
for real same goes for Joel Obi, so much hype, i think he's just trying to create an imagine so if/when they eventually big stars he can beat his chest as the one that discovered them, just like he keep banging on about how he discover mikel and taye taiwo hence he's always expecting them to be at his beck and call
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by Ibime(m): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
Some Arsenal fans been hyping this boy. Anyway, every addition is welcome. The next person we wanna see is Sidney Sam from Leverkusen
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by DisGuy: 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2011
Nah Adebayo Akinfenwa should be next! - top notch mate, absolute top notch cool
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:12am On Apr 23, 2011
medjai:
Last time out, it was Nnamdi Oduamadi he called up, a player that has only made one sub appearance for AC Milan all season and still plays for AC Milan reserves. Now, it's Aneke that hardly even gets to play for Arsenal reserves. It seems Siaone is hell bent on calling up just about anybody that plays in Europe.

Dis Guy:
for real same goes for Joel Obi, so much hype

But some of them like Joel Obi and Nnamdi Oduamadi (from what I saw of him in the U-23 Olympic Qualifier against E.Guinea) have justified their invitation IMO.

By the way, since Chuks Aneke has agreed to play for Nigeria, the NFF should start processing his paperwork right now so he'll be eligibe to play on June 1st against Argentina.

Dis Guy:
Nah Adebayo Akinfenwa should be next! - top notch mate, absolute top notch

Adebayo Akinfewa ke? shocked

That guy is the most skilless and incompetent forward I've seen in a long time. Sidney Sam on the other hand is pure Gold. It'd be a big coup if Siasia can get him to play for Nigeria.

Only reason I'm pissed with Siasia is he hasn't him invited Ideye Brown of Sochaux and Anthony Ujah of Lillestrom (who's definitely Nigeria's best player in Scandinavia). It was marutimon on the Goals from Nigerians All Over The World thread who first brought him to my attention and he's very good.

marutimon on March 13, 2011, 03:46 PM:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-505295.256.html
Norway Tippeligaen
Stabæk Fotball - Lillestrom 0:7
14' Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom) (0:1)
26' Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom) (0:2)
43' Emmanuel Nosakhare Igiebor (Lillestrom) (0:3)
47' Emmanuel Nosakhare Igiebor (Lillestrom) (0:4)
63' Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom) (0:5)
69' Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom) (0:6)
78' Ohi Omoijuanfo (Lillestrom) (0:7)
Norwegian league is underway (this was the first match of the season),  and Nigerians are dominating in Lillestrom,  20 year old Ujah x 4, 20 year old Igiebor x 4 and 17 year old Omoijuanfo x 1,  When was the last time you had Nigerians score 7 goals in one game in Europe? Has that ever happened? Or when was the last time a Nigerian scored 4 goals in one game?
I really think Siasia should scout! (Am searching for highlights from the game)
Highlights below:
http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/tippeligaen/stabak/lillestroem-med-den-beste-serieaapningen-noensinne-3447673.html

Surely someone who can play like this and score goals like the ones you'll see in the video below deserves to be invited to the National team or at least U-23 Olympic team? Anthony Ujah even made a top 10 ranking of Best African Players to have ever played in Norway

[flash=640,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7klfD-T3Nk?version=3" type="[/flash]
Anthony Ujah is the one wearing jersey no 9 and obviously the top striker of Lillestrom. . .he scored the 1st, 2nd, 5th & 6th goal. Nosa Igiebor dorns no 10 jersey plays in midfield and is obviously the playmaker. . .he scored the 3rd and 4th goal while Ohi Omoijuanfo (no 16) scored the 7th goal.

I wonder why Eguavoen would invite Nosa Igiebor who plays in the same club as Anthony Ujah to the U-23 team and not call up A.Ujah who's the star and biggest player of his team? Yeye dey smell nor be small. . . ,  . . .
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:08am On Apr 23, 2011
From the thread Naija Demolition Squad In Norway
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-627776.0.html

marutimon:

The Norwegian league started off this weekend and one of the highlights of the first round was the anhilation of Stabaek at home by Lillestrom. The final score was 0:7 for the guests.

What is however more intriguing is that all 7 goals were scored by Nigerians. 20-year old phenomenon striker Anthony Ujah walloped in four goals, whilst 20 year old attacking midfielder Emmanuel Igiebor added a brace. The damage was finalized by 17-year old midfielder Ohi Omoijuanfo, who is supposed to be one of the hottest talents in Norway. Plus he has two passports (Norwegian and Nigerian), so whoever is quicker will get the boy. BTW Omoijuanfo signed for the club 2 days ago,

Ujah is apparently heading to a big European club in the summer, while Igiebor has been likened to Wilson Oruma.

Norway Tippeligaen
Stabæk Fotball - Lillestrom 0:7
14' Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom) (0:1)
26' Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom) (0:2)
43' Emmanuel Nosakhare Igiebor (Lillestrom) (0:3)
47' Emmanuel Nosakhare Igiebor (Lillestrom) (0:4)
63' Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom) (0:5)
69' Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom) (0:6)
78' Ohi Omoijuanfo (Lillestrom) (0:7)

When was the last time you had Nigerians score 7 goals in one game in Europe? Has that ever happened?
Or when was the last time a Nigerian scored 4 goals in one game?
I really think Siasia should scout, as the talent isn't always in plain sight!

Highlights below
Goal nr 2 for Ujah should be contender for goal of the week in Europe:
http://www.tv2sporten.no/fotball/tippeligaen/stabak/ujah-herjer-med-stabaek-3447673.html
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by DisGuy: 1:09am On Apr 23, 2011
By the way, since Chuks Aneke has agreed to play for Nigeria, the NFF should start processing his paperwork right now so he'll be eligibe to play on June 1st against Argentina.

dont be silly, it only takes a phone call from Abuja to sort it out, alhaji danbozo will make the call on the 31st of May  grin
i mean we are not the giant of Africa for nothing if we can call the shot a day to the game kin ji ko?

If these guys are really 20 years old so good why are they playing in Norway?

How comes nobody heard about them during the under 17, under 20 tourneys we had previously, and how comes Eguavon will rather call Ahmed Musa from his club all the way from holland* just for a game or two only to release him? hmm something dey smell, me thinks their papers aint straight and the people in the know sabi

BUT I STILL WONDER WHY ALL THE ESTACODE SIPHONING BUSINESS TOURING EUROPE, WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE GUYS IN PEPSI ACADEMY, KWARA ACADEMY AND MANY MORE? ARE THEY BEING GROOMED TO PLAY FOR QATAR OR WHAT?
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:23am On Apr 23, 2011
Still on Anthony Ujah. . . . .

[flash=550,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwK5x0qTf8?version=3" type="[/flash]
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by DisGuy: 1:33am On Apr 23, 2011
reminds me of that dude that went to sudan recently one of eyinmba top scorer i think and the other guy that plays for enyimba too, those guys were banging in goals weekly in the premier league in naija, they couldn't even get an invite for a friendly game

i mean theres something really going on taht some players are totally overlooked byt he NFF and even the local media dont say anything about it almost as if there's a known secret within the federation, they'll just spend extra money inviting foreign based players even those that cant get a game for their reserves
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by 12large1: 4:12am On Apr 23, 2011
sorry semid but the least of super eagles problem now is strikers we have bunch many available so calling up anthony ujah would make no difference to what we already have, from the video sef the guy looks like another akpala. our main problem is the middle and aneke would definetly make it world class if he reaches his potential not many times do i rejoice over english born naija players but aneke is different. odu we are talkbing about despite playing only 1 game for ac milan prior to his call up he was the best performer against eg
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by DisGuy: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2011
yea no wonder he has only played 10 games since 2010

Abeg the Olympic team needs players, the super eagles is being crowded out with returnees who will just be called ex-eagles in the future.

could it be that these guys are being recruited as they'll be in a better position to pay egunje when players are fighting for shirts?i wont put anything past these naija coaches and admin with loads of agents on their contact list
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by tosinaded(m): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2011
ujah just blew my mind mehn!
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by semid4lyfe(m): 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2011
tosinaded@:

ujah just blew my mind mehn!

Not only your mind but minds of lots of European club coaches too. . . .

PSV Eindhoven to challenge Sunderland for UJAH's Signature
Published: April 21, 2011
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=4667

As reported by France Football, Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven are after the signature Nigeria's hottest commodity, Anthony Ujah (20 years). PSV are looking for a replacement for Marcus Berg, who returns to his parent club Hamburg at the end of the season.

Ujah has taken the Norwegian Premier League by storm, with 19 goals in 27 matches, which makes him the most effective goal scorer in the history of Lillestrom. Recently, he was also selected as one of the top African players to play in Norway.

The agent of the former Warri Wolves striker, Sebastian Frapolli, confirmed to France Football magazine that his client is being watched closely by the people of Eindhoven. Ujah exclusively revealed to allnigeriasoccer.com two weeks ago that he is being monitored by PSV scouts.

PSV Eindhoven would have to compete with Stade Rennes, Lille, Toulouse, Anderlecht, Sporting Lisbon, FC Groningen, Osasuna, Hamburg and Sunderland for Ujah's signature. The youngster, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively reveal, WILL leave Lillestrom in the summer market.

He almost signed for Real Mallorca of Spain last season but the transfer failed to go through cos his club Lillestrom couldn't get bank (payment) guarantee from Mallorca (which was under administration).
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:12am On Apr 24, 2011
The biggest Nigerian players in Norway right now are Anthony Ujah (Lillestrom), Nosa Igiebor (Lillestrom), Fengor Ogude (Valerenga) and Oladapo Olufemi (IK Start) in the order they appear.

Fengor Ogude got invited to the Super Eagles & played against Kenya, Nosa Igiebor (team mate of A. Ujah) got invited to the U-23 Olympic team and played against Equatorial Guinea and Anthony Ujah the most prolific and highest rated of all players in Norway doesn't get an invitation to either the U-23 Olympic team or Super Eagles? undecided shocked. . . .yeye dey smell nor be small cry

I don't know the A. Ujah personally but I'll see what I can do to get across to SiaOne and Eguavoen to extend an invitation to him. . . . .
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:26am On Apr 24, 2011
Exclusive Interview with Nigeria's Hottest Commodity, ANTHONY UJAH
Published: April 04, 2011
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=4480

* It won't be wrong to say that Anthony Ujah is the hottest Nigerian striker at the moment. The 20-year-old is the most effective Lillestrom striker ever to play in the Norwegian Premier League. With 18 goals in 25 matches, he has an effective goals to games ratio of 0.72. His nearest challenger is the former Australia international Clayton Zane with an effective goals ratio of 0.62 (18 goals in 29 games).

Allnigeriasoccer.com caught up with the Nigerian rave-of-the-moment and the youngster is delighted with his blistering start to the season. His four goals against Stabæk last weekend have alerted a plethora of clubs in Europe.

Scoring four goals against Stabæk, how does it feel. Would you say that is the highlight of your career so far?
Anthony Ujah: ''Honestly speaking, I was very pleased with my performance against Stabæk and scoring four goals was a huge surprise for me. But I believe in my abilities, so I expect more goals to flow.''

Are you finally settled with your coach at Lillestrom, Henning Berg?
Anthony Ujah: ''The issue was not as serious as it was blown in the media (including allnigeriasoccer.com, Ed).People believed we were suffering a crisis at Lillestrom. So, when I scored my fist goal last weekend, I had to run to the coach to celebrate with him. Everything is now history. I respect the coach (Berg) a lot because he made me improve on my game when I arrived Norway as a raw teenager, and he had great confidence in my abilities.''

In the winter market, you were close to a move and traveled to Spain on the invitation of Real Mallorca. Then what happened,
Anthony Ujah: ''I traveled to Real Mallorca to sign a contract but my club could not get a bank guarantee that the money will be paid. Mallorca is a club under administration and Lillestrom needed assurance of the payment, so the deal was called off. I am not disappointed because I knew that will not be my last opportunity to move to a bigger league. It only made me believe that I will get a better deal and that's where things are heading now.''

Has your agent communicated to you interest of clubs in Europe. Can you name some of these clubs?
Anthony Ujah: First and foremost, I remain a Lillestrom player and I will forever be grateful to the club. The technical bench, my teammates and the fans have a special place in my heart. Yes, my agent has informed me of clubs interested in my services. But my main focus is to concentrate on my club's next game. When the time comes, the offer must be beneficial to me and Lillestrom. Osasuna, Hamburg, PSV Eindhoven, Anderlecht, Sporting Lisbon, FC Groningen, Lille, Auxerre, Maccabi Haifa, Maccabi Tel Aviv and scouts from some of the top clubs in Western Europe will be in the stands to watch me today when Lillestrom play SK Brann in the second round of matches in the league.

Being named as one of the top Africans to play in the Norwegian Premier league, did that come as a surprise to you?
Anthony Ujah: I want to thank the pundits who included me in that list. I can't really say I was surprised by the recognition because I had a good first season with Lillestrom. But being included with the likes of John Mikel Obi and Chinedu Obasi made me understand that I have to work hard and take my game to another level. Mikel and Obasi are some of the players I look up to.

Thanks for your time Tony.
Anthony Ujah: You are always welcome.

Top Ten African Players ever to play in Norway

1. Marthar Thioune- Senegal (Molde)
2. Somen Ichoyi - Cameroun (Retired)
3. John Obi Mikel- Nigeria (Chelsea)
4. Mame Biram Diouf - Senegal (Man Utd loan to Blackburn)
5. Anthony Annan - Ghana (Schalke 04)
6. Chinedu Ogbuke - Nigeria (Hoffenheim)
7. Didier Ya Konan - Ivory Coast (Hannover)
8. Kara Modji - Senegal (Tromso)
9. Anthony Ujah - Nigeria (Lillestrom)
10. Mamadou Diallo - Senegal (Retired)
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by DisGuy: 12:34am On Apr 24, 2011
wow a Nigerian player giving an interview without 'TANKing God for his powers' grin

seems these guys undergo media training when they leave the shores of naija,

you should read a premier league players- "no be me o i just tank God for hi mercies in my life" you know i was about to hit that shot but God just revealed to me that i should cut it" I give god the glory grin

Anyway sha we are grateful to God for making these young guys shine abroad cool
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by 12large1: 1:17am On Apr 24, 2011
u guys just rappin ujah dosen't look anything special he looks like another akpala
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by hollandis(f): 1:06pm On Apr 24, 2011
12large1:

u guys just rappin ujah dosen't look anything special he looks like another akpala
grin
Your comment got me cracking
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by semid4lyfe(m): 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2011
12large1:

You don't get it do you? If performance and playing consistently @ club level is not the no 1 yardstick for inviting players to the National Team(s), what is? Your Assessment? undecided

My point is give everyone (whether playing regularly or not) a chance (unless that particular player had been used before and was found to be shyte).That's what friendlies are for, after all. At least, most of us now know/agree J. Akpala, Dickson Etuhu (despite perhaps being our highest profile DM in Europe based on the league & club he plays for/playing regularly for his club), Michael Odibe etc are shyte cos we've watched them play in our jersey.

Personally, I also think Peter Utaka is shyte despite having scored 2 goals in 3 matches for the S. Eagles & being highly regarded by his club and playing regularly for his clubside. In fact, I was more impressed with the 20 minutes performance of Emmanuel Emenike in the Sierra Leone friendly than with what Peter Utaka has played in all the 3 matches for the S. Eagles.

On the other hand, I think Joel Obi (despite being a bench warmer in Inter) is better than Mikel Obi & is the best thing that has happened to our midfield since Jay Jay and I also rate Nnamdi Oduamadi very highly based on what I saw of him in the U-23 Olympic games qualifier against E. Guinea so I have no problem with Siasia inviting them to the Super Eagles.

Nor be only goals me dey take judge strikers o. . .I look at positional play, ball control, movement on & off the ball, ability to shake off defenders, dummy runs, speed, dribbling, ability to run with ball, aerial prowess, ability to beat defender one on one, goal scoring techniques (e.g shooting, placing, chipping) etc and Anthony Ujah scores very high in most of this IMO.

I mean, Emmanuel Emenike & Peter Utaka didn't do more than Anthony Ujah has done before being invited to the Super Eagles so SiaOne should give Anthony Ujah a chance too. Even if he's not invited to the Super Eagles, he deserves to be invited to the U-23 Olympic team playing the All Africa Games & Olympic Qualifiers at least. What Eguavoen did by inviting Nosa Igiebor for the Olympic Qualifier against Equatorial Guinea and not inviting Anthony Ujah is akin to Portugal inviting Pepe and Carvarlho from Real Madrid for an important match and not inviting C. Ronaldo. 

Who knows if Victor Moses switch to play for Nigeria has come through? If it hasn't, the English F.A is playing games with the NFF and they should wise up fast. . . . . .and has anyone got a link to videos of this Chuks Aneke some peeps are making noise about?
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by 12large1: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2011
yap you are right by saying ujah deserves a call up, but my problem is the hype you guys are making it seem like if inviting ujah will solve our problem thats why i'm telling y'all that it won't we already have many players like him in eagles anyway he should have been called up to the u-23
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 01, 2011
gud for nigeria
Re: Hurray! Samson Siasia To Call Up Chuks Aneke For Argentina! by DisGuy: 1:09am On Jul 28, 2011
When is the Argentina game again?

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Mesut Ozil's Amazing Mansion Worth €35 Million / Photo - Cyclists Ride Unclad / 1.5 Roll Over, 2k To Make #1.3M.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.