Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,303 members, 7,954,205 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:11 PM

Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement (48137 Views)

Chad: Daoud Brahim, Choua Mahamat Resign After Sex Tapes Leaked / Idriss Deby Visits Injured Soldiers After Rcent Battle / Chadian Soldiers Led By President Idris Debby Burst Boko Haram Warehouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Masterito(m): 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2021
He visited war fronts fight directly with rebels not sitting in an office to direct. Do you understand?
GreatChizzy:
I sense a coup!!! How could the President (the most guarded) die in a war front where other top military Officers survived. And in less than 12 hours, his son is announced as the new leader. Doesn't Chad have an electoral process in place? Didn't Idris just resently win an election for his sixth term!!!

2 Likes

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by kayusely70(m): 3:48pm On Apr 20, 2021
Trimjos:
The God that did it for Chad after 30years plus should do it for Niglipsrsealed
Amen
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2021
Trimjos:
The God that did it for Chad after 30years plus should do it for Niglipsrsealed

Join a party and run for office.

Stop praying for coup or sudden death of anyone, including Buhari...because it shows you hate the person, and you should not be hating people as a christian (it does not mean Buhari's rule is ok mind you).

You don't have good leaders because you people are waiting for a Moses to come and take you to the promised land. There is no Moses. Better start the hard work of demcoracy.

3 Likes

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by oluwatoyosi8755: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
:The guy is as battle hardened as his father A case of like father like son or d apple doesn't fall far from d tree. U can see buhari & u can tell d type of kids he has& vice versa
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by GreatChizzy: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2021
Masterito:
He visited war fronts fight directly with rebels not sitting in an office to direct. Do you understand?

So you convinced yourself that the President despite being in the Front, would be involved in Combative activism? And the Rebels could get a clear shot at the President but couldn't get clear shots at top military Officers at same Front? You think we are in the days of King David and King Saul?

3 Likes

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Vaughanlanrewaj: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Masterito(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2021
Everyone is a Target in the Frontline, even when the odd for a president there is low. You can sit in your assume rubbish but visit Frontline and see for yourself.
GreatChizzy:

So you convinced yourself that the President despite being in the Front, would be involved in Combative activism? And the Rebels could get a clear shot at the President but couldn't get clear shots at top military Officers at same Front? You think we are in the days of King David and King Saul?

1 Like

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by GreatChizzy: 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2021
Masterito:
Everyone is a Target in the Frontline, even when the odd for a president there is low. You can sit in your assume rubbish but visit Frontline and see for yourself.

Just same way you can assume rubbish and believe whatever you read to be true without giving thought to reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by peeps4u: 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
samwillyco1:

I don't understand your analysis, if the country is practicing democracy then the Vice President should be sworn in as the new President and not new new Election
I read they don't have vice, I'm not sure. If they have vice, vice should rightfully be the acting president
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by samwillyco1(m): 5:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
peeps4u:

I read they don't have vice, I'm not sure. If they have vice, vice should rightfully be the acting president

The information said Democracy, meaning they must be a running mate
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Fanuchi007: 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
d guy is good to go. a humble man can't rule Chad. a country that needs to be ruled with strong fist. I use to tell my friends I get excited by hearing gun shots but I can't join d Nigerian army cos I don't know if I am defending the country or defending some selected individual interests. I would love to join d French legion and go for peace keeping missions in Libya, Chad or Congo DPR.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2021
seunmsg:
The rebels will keep fighting until they are defeated or the military loyal to the government is defeated. If the son can quickly crush the rebels, he will consolidate and start another era of sit-tight dictatorship. The rebels either regroups or another one is formed to start the war all over again. It’s an unending cycle that leads nowhere. Nothing is ever going to change for the ordinary folks.

The worst part of Chad's story is, even with true democracy, the fighting won't stop. It might even be worse for Chad if they had a true democracy and not a militaristic type of pseudo-civilian rule.

Chad has to exist on a permanent war footing whilst trying to develop (if that's even possible). They are trying to beef up electricity supply and now this?

In fact, I don't know what to say about Chad and Libya right now.

Chad's case is unique, abeg.

What people don't get is, trouble in Chad can directly affect Nigeria. The so-called rebels won't sit tight if they get Chad. They will keep expanding.

2 Likes

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by poseidon12: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2021
Kzinne:
Gowon was a 4 star general and Head of State at 31. Simply because you guys are used to old men ruling you dies not mean other countries should follow suit

Gowon was actually a Lt Col at 31. The rushed promotion to General was not deserved.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by misterjosh(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2021
"You killed 300 fighters and lost just 5 soldiers" Your president somehow managed to be amongst those 5, or should we exclude him and say 6 persons were lost.
Hmmm, interesting odds undecided

Btw, shey there were no deputies in their own election ni... Or why is power being handed over to the son
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by sulaak(m): 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
FarahAideed:

What is Sad about this ...You want Bokoharam backed rebels to rule chad?

After 30 years as president Deby couldn't leave a functioning democracy to support. Nigeria future is Niger and Chad. Boko Haram existence is due to incompetence and corrupt government. Do you think an educated and employed youth will take up arms against his country.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by ECHICHE: 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
Only one man ruling a country for more than 3 decades, no wonder the rebel intensified so much effort to kill President Idris Deby.

The Military made the matter worse by appointing the late President son without recourse to Chad's constitution........ Now that the rebel had a partnership with Khalifa Haftha of Libya, i don't think Chad will know peace again.

The Sit tight syndrome in Africa is major threat to peace in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Liposure: 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
Kzinne:
Gowon was a 4 star general and Head of State at 31. Simply because you guys are used to old men ruling you dies not mean other countries should follow suit
Gowon was lieutenant colonel at 31. Had to promote himself twice to become 3 star general and five star general at 33 and 35 respectively
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by vicfajeze: 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hardgun:
Make Buhari no go think am o
say wetin bros?
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 20, 2021
SmartProf:
I hope it wasn't pre-planned? Anything is possible in this world.
Pre-planned?
His father was shot and the injury he sustained led to his grave hours after declaring him winner of Chad election. He even postponed his speech and participated in the fight which caused his death!
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2021
My problem now is that the rebels flying Libya's flag , are we in good terms with the part of Libya supporting the Rebels, what is the intelligence do we have that they are not supporting ISWAP and BokoHaram. I think we should start having contingency plans and ensure we don't have a repeat of what happened in Libya by ensuring we activate all necessary diplomatic powers to stop the hostilities. If that can't be achieved then we must be our National interest first. Biko hope someone is sending Airplane to get our citizens back home.
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by billyG(m): 11:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
Just look at their well kitted combat wears & new guns am expecting them in Babariga & suspended wondo why won't dey fight off rebels their moral are high.
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Belleful: 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
I smear foul play in the dead of idris derby
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Freebills12: 12:11am On Apr 21, 2021
WHY IS A PARTICULAR RELIGION THAT CLAIMS TO BE PEACEFUL ALSO ENSHRINED IN WAR?
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Ikpongiton: 6:54am On Apr 21, 2021
Yusuf buhari should also be ready to take over
Re: Chadian Military Picks Idriss Derby’s Son, Mahamat As His Replacement by Zeezy81: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kzinne:

Dear friend how old was the republic at the time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' / Disasters Of 2017 That Shook The World(Photos) / Sanna Marin Divorces Her Husband, Markus Raikkonen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.