Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge (29933 Views)

Humble Sadio Mane Helps Offload Senegal Team Bus, Teammates Walk Off (Photos) / Inside Man U’s ₦176m Jet-like Team Bus With 24 Tvs, Kitchen, WI-FI And Toilet / Cristiano Ronaldo Stops Portugal Team Bus To Meet Sick Child On Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 20, 2021
Chelsea supporters will protest the club's decision to become a founding member of a new European Super League.

The decision to create a Super League has been derided by UEFA, the Premier League, and even the UK Government, who will aim to put barriers in the way of Chelsea, who have also resigned from the European Clubs' Association, and the 11 other teams from starting a new competition.

The situation has left Chelsea supporters alienated from their club and they will stage a socially distanced protest at Stamford Bridge against the board while removing the fan-made banners inside the stadium ahead of kick-off against Brighton on Tuesday.

What has been said by Chelsea supporters?
"They say expect the unexpected, but today the Chelsea Supporters' Trust (CST), our members and football supporters across the world have experienced the ultimate betrayal," read a statement.

It added: "This is a decision of greed to line the pockets of those at the top and it has been made with no consideration for the loyal supporters, our history, our future or the future of football in this country.

"It is likely that this proposal with never come into existence, however, it speaks volumes that [Chelsea] are prepared to risk our existence in the Premier League and the FA Cup."

It concludes that "there has been no mention of this secretive proposal" despite recent "extensive talks" and CST now "demand answers", adding: "This is unforgivable. Enough is enough."

CST has seen a surge in membership in the last 24 hours, with a new wave of supporters looking to impact the future direction of their club.

What has been said by Tuchel?
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel said: "That’s what I love, to play the toughest competitions in Europe. That’s why I’m at Chelsea.

"I don’t get involved with all these subjects around us, I’m a bit sad all these subjects are around now, I thought we could talk about Man City and the Brighton game. That’s maybe not the case today.

"I want to play these club competitions, I trust the club to make the right decisions and it’s too early to judge everything and it’s not my part.

"On my badge from Chelsea it says I have to play my role. My role is to be coach, to be focused and we have an important game coming up tomorrow."

Have Chelsea fans fallen out with owner Roman Abramovich before?
Chelsea have broadly supported their owner Roman Abramovich, who bought the club in 2003 to kickstart the most glorious era in the club's history.

Not only did he invest in exciting superstar new signings across his ownership, but he has invested in a new training ground, the academy and a host of charitable projects that have resonated with the fans.

One of the few friction points that the Russian billionaire has had with the supporters was in 2011 when he tried to take ownership of the pitch from supporters. It regarded plans to build a new stadium for Chelsea in London at another location other than Stamford Bridge, which the club's supporters had the power to reject.

Although Abramovich owns almost every aspect of Chelsea Football Club, the actual pitch at Stamford Bridge is owned by the fan group called the Chelsea Pitch Owners.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/chelsea-fans-express-anger-at-super-league-proposal-and-plan/13z9tk1h4gmaf1j3ud4rqrdme6

https://mobile.twitter.com/FartInTheBath/status/1384561870514831366

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
Chelsea fans singing "Greedy Bastards, you’ve ruined our club” sing Chelsea fans protesting outside own ground ahead of kick off. Dollar signs on banners, not Euros, aimed at the American owners perceived to be driving the Super League"

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2021
Petr Cech pleads with Chelsea fans to let team bus in for the game vs Brighton

27 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Xenry: 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
I don't know why? But I'm not a Fan of Football! sad

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Aflix(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
Buck off!......nice pun.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by NwaNimo1(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2021

11 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by OBTMOS(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2021
B
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Sonoyom(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
I am still trying to graps the idea behind this Super League.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Bampeh: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Who ever brought the idea of this Super League is a greedy person.

What is the essence of Uefa Champion league then.

bampeh hate greediness

25 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by lawalosky(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Bunkum

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by SolomonGrundy: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
If na naija dem for don bus d bus grin

7 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by GIDIBANKZ(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
The world is becoming something else
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by sexiestharam(f): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
The ESL is here to stay. I love the violence! grin

3 Likes

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by zeusdgrt(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Drama
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by DenreleDave(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Wahala bẹ Like fífà And uefa
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by loveli2uall: 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2021
Shaaaaaaiiiii
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
gh
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Lamasta(m): 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Match way dem go still lose grin

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Jackson105: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Super league is inevitable.

The super club need extra source of income which UEFA or FIFA can't provide, this is business, why will they abandon big money for little stipend.

Everyone will adapt last last.

Super league is staying

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by GeneralPula: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
Good one..

They started the protest on Instagram..

Say no to super league..

But if the super league happens, then I personally wants the whole world to learn that good things hardly comes out of dividing..

One of the main reason that made football what it is today is the fact that there is unity!
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by cassidy1996(m): 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
up Chelsea!
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by Numerouno94(m): 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2021
sad
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
Make una kill the football joy and spirit o

Ktbffh
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by brosom(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hmm wahala dey oo shocked
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by walkingshadow911: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
no social distance here
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by heniford2: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2021
make them no come make us lose today match nii
Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by puyol005(m): 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2021
Your broke club is trying to source revenue elsewhere to maintain it statue and some UEFA paid protesters are trying to disrupt the process. OK ooo!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chelsea Fans Protest Super League, Stop Team Bus From Entering Stamford Bridge by duality(m): 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2021
Why are they not "social distancing"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coaches Of Nigerian Premier League Teams / Six People Injured By Giant Lightning Strike During PGA Golf Tournament (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Tops List Of World’s Highest-paid Athletes In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.