Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition (38353 Views)

ESL: Tottenham Hotspur Commence Procedures To Withdraw / ESL: Arsenal Withdraws / ESL: Manchester City Withdraws As Chelsea, Barcelona Set To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by pikechukwu6(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2021
We know it will end in tears grin grin grin

Abeg watch this video if you are experiencing something look like ulcer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLpVOAAdYiQ
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Olifiz(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2021
These clubs no get sense. Have they forgotten England is no longer an European country ( brexit) wondering what will happen in the coming years.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by lebete3000: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2021
openmine:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56823501

Be like ma only Real Madrid go play this ESL shit oh.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by charlesm91(m): 8:58am On Apr 21, 2021
lebete3000:

hehe...Perez be like "if other teams back out, we will create our own opponents." But i admire the man sha. He isn't afraid of change.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Lamasta(m): 9:02am On Apr 21, 2021
free2ryhme:

Bunch of irresponsible idiots. They did not plan this through before making their decision public. Now, see the shame they have landed themselves in.
There is no shame in what they have done rather it will bring or usher in a change in UEFA cos for the big clubs to come together to make a statement that generates so much uproar like this for the past 3 days speaks volume that UEFA is selfish and not taking into consideration what the clubs are feeling during this covid-19 period and how it affects both the clubs, staffs and players at least small sense will fall on UEFA and they will make adjustment...

I see this clubs voting out the current executive council of UEFA in the next election this I have seen
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by BarrElChapo(m): 9:17am On Apr 21, 2021
Formularcr7:
nonsense, which of these will stop with the introduction of Esl

Please you have easily gone back one step to see what I was replying to instead of commenting totally off the point, you're smarter than that undecided
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by BarrElChapo(m): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2021
lexy2014:

Which "you and me"? Na England u de?

Okay sorry you no follow by the way na only England them dey play football ? Try dey think broad abeg, so na only for England people dey watch football, abi the 12 teams na for only England e dey ? UEFA na only for England.. lipsrsealed
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by BarrElChapo(m): 9:26am On Apr 21, 2021
Chanchit:

This issue made me realize people support what they know nothing about. If that ESL prevailed, that's the end of football.
Madrid and Barca takes almost 70% of laliga TV right while others share the remaining, if ESL should happen, CL money will drop further. Perez is not concerned about the small clubs, all he wants is more.
I'm a barca fan, but I'll never support evil.
And yes, this victory belongs to the fans, we fought rigorously on Twitter, ESL had over 2m tweets as at yesterday morning, there was protests in England and Spain, was that done by FIFA or UEFA? Many people don't know the power of media. It was what gave UEFA and FIFA the ginger, if we had all supported it, the clubs won't back down.

Thank you for this, You clearly understood the whole brouhaha. Hopefully it goes away as it came though it was good in a way cos UEFA will sit up now.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by EBEk101(m): 9:36am On Apr 21, 2021
kenzysmith:
are you from Europe? Wetin consign u with European problem? Have u ever pray for Nigerian league to be improve? Nigeria league can't do a proper player unveiling is it not a big problem we have at hand? What benefit will u gain from their withdrawal? Oga wetin consign u?

Wetin make me happy b say Woodward for man u don resign
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by kelvindj98: 9:48am On Apr 21, 2021
kenzysmith:
are you from Europe? Wetin consign u with European problem? Have u ever pray for Nigerian league to be improve? Nigeria league can't do a proper player unveiling is it not a big problem we have at hand? What benefit will u gain from their withdrawal? Oga wetin consign u?
What concerns you with his opinion?

1 Like

Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by kelvindj98: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2021
Fragility6:

Uefa collect 7bn from mars for this covid era. Bad governance for nigeria don really affect some of una brain. No competition,no tv rights,no sponsorship deal, dem just collect 'imaginary' 7bn tk settle clubs.Dem settle dem nai d clubs dey write legal documentation for their exits.Even the lowest class of animals no dey reason like diz.
You are interacting with mostly animals on this site. They have 0 sense. Just beer parlour talk...7 billion dollars bribe.

1 Like

Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Chanchit: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2021
Princedapace:

What is all these noise about na? The super league is not stopping other leagues. This is pure politics.

The super league did not stop other leagues, pls. It is like all these pre season competitions. The thing is that the British govt and business economies saw this as a a big threat to their business and political influence. I mean, some group of guys decided to form a league on their own which they have the right to do so, they didn't stop u from running ur league and they didn't say that they won't play other leagues. Come on, this is pure politics and intimidation.

You all seem not to understand the real picture.
FIFA is like a continent, UEFA is like a country. Without the go ahead of UEFA, no competition can go ahead in Europe, the only body that can help you is FIFA. So you saying they can do whatever they like is not correct. It's just like Dangote calling other billionaires that they should create another country inside Nigeria. Government will crush them. The best they can do with their money is influence UEFA and FIFA, put their puppets in power to achieve their objectives, anything otherwise will be dead in arrival. Hope you get?
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Chanchit: 10:31am On Apr 21, 2021
EzeNri:

Na those club got themselves into the quagmire. When they were inflating players wages dey no know abi?

If they had followed UEFA Financial Fair Play, all these would have been avoided.

Football belongs to the fans.

Exactly my point. They didn't listen when FIFA and UEFA were shouting fair play. Imagine Barca signing a De Jong that earns €50k only to start paying him €320k/weekly. that is over 500% increment. How won't they run into debt. Pogba open mouth that he now wants £500k/weekly, after all, de gea earns over €300k. Such ridiculous salaries.
These big clubs have destroyed football for ever.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by OgaRico(m): 10:38am On Apr 21, 2021
EzeNri:

Are German and French football fans also English? Most Nigerians are against the idea more than enemies of football like you, does it make us English?

Spanish, Italian, English FAs are all against the coup against football.

Don't trying to be sensational.

You that is against the idea by the those planning coup against football and enemies of football like me,how has the English football affected your own country's football? and for the past five days,I haven't seen on Sky Sport News Barca or Real Madrid fans protesting in front of their stadiums like English fans.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Princedapace(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2021
Chanchit:

You all seem not to understand the real picture.
FIFA is like a continent, UEFA is like a country. Without the go ahead of UEFA, no competition can go ahead in Europe, the only body that can help you is FIFA. So you saying they can do whatever they like is not correct. It's just like Dangote calling other billionaires that they should create another country inside Nigeria. Government will crush them. The best they can do with their money is influence UEFA and FIFA, put their puppets in power to achieve their objectives, anything otherwise will be dead in arrival. Hope you get?

Oga, football is sport not politics. Even UEFA champions league, go and read how the competition came about.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:47am On Apr 21, 2021
BarrElChapo:

Dude you sound so naive.. Do you think it was FIFA or UEFA or the governments' that stopped the Super League ? No.. it was the fans, you and me and the players worked the victory here.

Lol... You're really the naive one here. It was the sanctions the UK government threatened them with that scared the shit out them.
No dey talk out of ignorance.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by IyfeNamikaze(m): 10:53am On Apr 21, 2021
Ayemileto:

They actually partnered with a Swiss bank for a $7Bn sponsorship deal.

But while it is reported that they offered the English teams money, I don't think they can give them everything realised from the sponsorship deal.

There's no credible source reporting this una beer parlor settlements news
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by justice2010: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2021
I think this matter is a cloak and dagger situation between eufa and some club owners. The timing of the announcement which happens to be during the time that 3 out of the 4 teams left in champions league and 2 out of the 4 teams left in the europa league were confirmed to be also joining the super league. This was a chess move by some owners to get more money from eufa by holding them by the balls while holding all the aces. Assurances have been made by eufa and the owners have denounced the super league. I love capitalism modern day legal 419.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by openmine(m): 11:15am On Apr 21, 2021
lebete3000:

They can play against themselves every season like PES
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by openmine(m): 11:17am On Apr 21, 2021
sonofElElyon:

#bringbackourmourinho
mourinho has cashed out big time smiley
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by openmine(m): 11:19am On Apr 21, 2021
9jaRealist:

DEAD ON ARRIVAL... grin grin grin

Americans owners and bankers trying to DESTROY centuries-long tradition of COMPETITIVE football.

>
They were trying to test the waters but they did so without involving the most important elements which is the players and most esp the fans!
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by openmine(m): 11:21am On Apr 21, 2021
free2ryhme:

Bunch of irresponsible idiots. They did not plan this through before making their decision public. Now, see the shame they have landed themselves in.
It was a disaster on their part and not well planned like you rightly said....They will need a lot of amendments in terms of PR to be made to pacify their visibly angry fans!
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by openmine(m): 11:22am On Apr 21, 2021
Wallade:

The only win for my folks in the matter is the resignation of Ed Woodward. I am so elated here that news.
cheesy
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by lexy2014: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2021
BarrElChapo:

Okay sorry you no follow by the way na only England them dey play football ? Try dey think broad abeg, so na only for England people dey watch football, abi the 12 teams na for only England e dey ? UEFA na only for England.. lipsrsealed

Pls what is d topic of d thread? Based on d topic, is there anywhere in Europe u witnessed a replication of d event in question? Since think broad& u are making reference to UEFA, are u in Europe?
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by EzeNri(m): 11:27am On Apr 21, 2021
OgaRico:

You that is against the idea by the those planning coup against football and enemies of football like me,how has the English football affected your own country's football? and for the past five days,I haven't seen on Sky Sport News Barca or Real Madrid fans protesting in front of their stadiums like English fans.
Stop saying what you don't know. Barcelona fans protested against the madness.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Fragility6: 11:48am On Apr 21, 2021
kelvindj98:

You are interacting with mostly animals on this site. They have 0 sense. Just beer parlour talk...7 billion dollars bribe.
If u notice closely,u go see say na d nigerian system dey influence e drab mentality. For here sumbody fit wake up tell u say 7bn naira govt money vanish wetin e no know na say dere is no way 7bn dollars go pass thru account without going for a legal deal. Which kind football deal sef go attract 7bn dolls once
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by caracas: 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
Princedapace:

I don't understand. Fifa rule allows u to create completions.

U can. If u have the money, u can create a competition and invite any team and if they are available and interested, they will join.

The new competition is not stopping UEFA champions league from running. So, what is the big issue here?

So did Fifa tell you , you can creat an international football competition without their consent or approval?
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Chanchit: 12:22pm On Apr 21, 2021
Princedapace:

Oga, football is sport not politics. Even UEFA champions league, go and read how the competition came about.

You are still not reasoning. It's not about how it started, it's about where it is now. Those clubs can't do more than a dead rat. UEFA has yielded to their demands to make some changes. What else do they want.
My new motto for football is "Spend what you have" you won't run into debt that way.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Fragility6: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
EzeNri:
Stop arguing bullshits. UEFA has secured improved funding for UCL.
Nothing for you La Liga traitors.
U miss road?
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Princedapace(m): 1:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
caracas:

So did Fifa tell you , you can creat an international football competition without their consent or approval?

The competition never seeked to be used as measurement parameter for fifa. They only wanted to do business.
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by Ayobami7(m): 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2021
okay noted
Re: ESL: All Six Premier League Teams Withdraw From Competition by adamawaboy(m): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
uncleseries:
What about mourinho now?
e dey chop okpa with leaf dey laugh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mesut Ozil Makes Pilgrimage To Mecca (pics) / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 10th March 2018 / Which Football Club Are You Crazy About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.