Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Ed Woodward Releases Statement On Manchester United Departure - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ed Woodward Releases Statement On Manchester United Departure (180 Views)

Ronaldo Scores Twice On Manchester United Return / Man United Fans Attack Ed Woodward's House With Flares (Video) / EPL: Ed Woodward Reveals Why Man United Sacked Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ed Woodward Releases Statement On Manchester United Departure by ovasports: 12:07am On Apr 21, 2021
Ed Woodward insists Manchester United are 'well positioned for the future' as he prepares to leave as executive vice-chairman.

Woodward has resigned as executive vice-chairman but will stay in the role until the end of 2021. Ova Sports understands Woodward had decided this season would be his last full campaign with United around six months ago.

In a statement released by United, Woodward said:

“I am extremely proud to have served United and it has been an honour to work for the world’s greatest football club for the past 16 years.

“The club is well positioned for the future and it will be difficult to walk away at the end of the year.

“I will treasure the memories from my time at Old Trafford, during a period when we won the Europa League, the FA Cup and the EFL Cup. I am proud of the regeneration of the club’s culture and our return to the Manchester United way of playing.

"We have invested more than £1bn in the squad during my time here and I am particularly delighted with the progress the players have made under the astute leadership of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his coaching team in the last two years.

I am sure that with the changes we have made on-field and to the coaching and football staff in recent years this great club will soon be lifting silverware again. It deserves to.

“I desperately wanted the club to win the Premier League during my tenure and I am certain the foundations are in place for us to win it back for our passionate fans.

“Our world-famous academy is fl..........More -

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean UK Used Ps2 Forsale / Real Madrid Host Chelsea In The UEFA Champions League Semi-final / Thierry Henry And Alan Shearer Are Announced As The First Two Premier League Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.