Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,617 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born (371 Views)

Meet Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flowers To Queen Elizabeth II In 1956 - Pics / "I Was Born Broke, But I Will Die Wealthy”- Wizkid Shares Throwback Vs Now Photo / ‘I Was Born Blind’ – Chidinma Ekile Reveals In New Interview With Guardian Magaz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born by irririchris(m): 3:21am On Apr 21, 2021
Born: April 21, 1926
Birthplace: Mayfair. London
Appellation: Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of her other realms and territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

BRIEF—-Queen Elizabeth II, whose full name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, was born to Prince Albert, Duke of York, and Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, his wife, she was their eldest daughter, As the child of a younger son of King George V, the young Elizabeth had little possibility to the throne until her uncle, Edward VIII (afterward, became duke of Windsor), abdicated the throne in order to marry a divorcee Wallis Simpson, It was to her father’s favor on December 11, 1936, at which time her father became King George VI and she became heir presumptive.

Formally, the Princess never went to a school however all things being equal, her schooling was supervised by her mother, who entrusted her daughters to a governess, Marion Crawford; the princess was also grounded in history by C.H.K. Marten, afterward provost of Eton College, and had instruction from visiting teachers in music and languages. During war II she and her sister, Princess Margaret Rose, perforce spent much of their time safely far away from the London blitz and separated from their parents, living mostly at Balmoral Castle in Scotland and at the Royal Lodge, Windsor, and Windsor Castle.

The future Queen first met her husband at age 8 at the marriage of Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark to Prince George, Duke of Kent.

their marriage was consummated thirteen years after, She was 21 while he was 26, The marriage took place in Westminster Abbey on November 20, 1947. They had four children: Charles, Prince of Wales; Anne, Princess Royal; Prince Andrew, Duke of York; and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex.
On the eve of the marriage her father, the king, conferred upon the bridegroom the titles of Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth, and Baron Greenwich. They took residence at Clarence House in London.

In the summer of 1951, the health of King George VI entered into a significant decline, and Princess Elizabeth represented him at the Trooping the Color and on various other state occasions. On October 7 she and her husband began on a highly successful tour of Canada and Washington, D.C. After Christmas in England, she and therefore the duke began in January 1952 for a tour of Australia and New Zealand, but on the way, at Sagana, Kenya, news reached them of the king’s death on February 6, 1952. Elizabeth, now queen, directly flew back to England. the primary three months of her reign, the amount of full mourning for her father was passed in comparative seclusion. But within the summer, after she had moved from Clarence House to Buckingham Palace, she undertook the routine duties of the sovereign and administered her Delaware opening of Parliament on November 4, 1952. Her coronation was held at Westminster Abbey on June 2, 1953.

Interesting facts about the Queen; She is the oldest monarch to have celebrated a Golden Jubilee (in 2002 at the age of 76).

Her Majesty has, throughout the span of her rule, held regular evening meetings with 12 British leaders: Winston Churchill (1951–55); Sir Anthony Eden (1955–57); Harold Macmillan (1957–63); Sir Alec Douglas-Home (1963–64) and Harold Wilson (1964–70 and 1974–76).

The Queen additionally met consistently with Edward Heath (1970–74); James Callaghan (1976–79); Margaret Thatcher (1979–90); John Major (1990–97); Tony Blair (1997–2007) and Gordon Brown (2007–10). The practice continued with leader David Cameron (2010–2016) – the pair typically met on a Wednesday evening.

Former Prime Minister, Tony Blair was the first prime minister to have been born during Elizabeth’s reign – in May 1953, just a month before the Queen’s coronation.

Interestingly, there have additionally been 14 US presidents during the queen’s reign: Harry S Truman (1945–53); Dwight D Eisenhower (1953–61); John F Kennedy (1961–63); Lyndon B Johnson (1963–69); Richard Nixon (1969–74); Gerald Ford (1974–77); Jimmy Carter (1977–81); Ronald Reagan (1981–89); George H W Bush (1989–93); Bill Clinton (1993–2001); George W Bush (2001–09); Barack Obama (2009–2017); Donald Trump (2017–2020) and Joe Biden (2020–present).

Unfortunately, the Queen lost her husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh on April 9th, 2021 at the age of 99 years old.

Happy Birthday, Queen!

Re: Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born by PCG001: 3:31am On Apr 21, 2021
aвeg waтιn concern мe❓❓
no вe englιѕн dey pay мy мoney na

1 Like

Re: Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born by PCG001: 3:33am On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born by PCG001: 3:33am On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 21, 2021
undecided

YOU INTO MUSIC? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born by longetivity(m): 5:52am On Apr 21, 2021
Today in history, I give my girlfriend belle
Re: Today In History- Queen Elizabeth II Was Born by offset67(m): 7:07am On Apr 21, 2021
I have no f ucks to give

not a single one

(1) (Reply)

No One Stop Me When I Begin A Fight Prophet Odumeje Warns Those Accusing Him Of / Kiddwaya Breakdown In Tears Talking Of Erica & Nengi Truth (video) / “even My Mother Cannot Tell Me How To Live My Life” – Linda Ikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.