Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion (12081 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis / Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Coronavirus1: 6:02am On Apr 21, 2021
subsidy is a scam according to Buhari in 2015,

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by CSTRR: 6:04am On Apr 21, 2021

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Capernum: 6:05am On Apr 21, 2021
I am feeling like many people have been trapped in this country.

The most painful thing is that you cannot even travel out of this pit and settle down somewhere else because it's not cheap and the processes are herculean.

Somebody help.

They will soon have not other option than to increase the price of pms.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Tekrify(m): 6:09am On Apr 21, 2021
Very true...
But with how much we imports..and the fact that the oil prices isn't as high as 2014...the dollar rate can't come down
ivandragon:
Deregulate fully, but do it properly...

Eliminate or drastically reduce extraneous charges.

Review the financial policy & structures. As much as crude prices are rising, a key price determinant is the exchange rate. Keep the rate low & fuel prices will also be low...
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by cardoctor(m): 6:09am On Apr 21, 2021
Chaiii. We don dire
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 6:09am On Apr 21, 2021
EKONGKING:
By the end of Buhari aka mr integrity rule,Nigerians will be begging for satan to rule them.
Satan is a infant compared to the horror of this presidency.

So Buhari is the reason PMS landing cost hit 216 NGN?

A lot of dumb Nairalanders out there. I'm weak.

As a matter of fact, I am deactivating my account.

Bye y'all!
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by shadeyinka(m): 6:12am On Apr 21, 2021
ivandragon:

Review the financial policy & structures. As much as crude prices are rising, a key price determinant is the exchange rate. Keep the rate low & fuel prices will also be low...
How many times have they told us they have deregulated by removing subsidy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Gabson001(m): 6:13am On Apr 21, 2021
Nigerians will never learn to be grateful
now see the results

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Enyimbamercedes: 6:14am On Apr 21, 2021
Subsidy? What subsidy!

Our President during his campaigns said there was nothing like subsidy and now he claims of 77 naira per litre based solely on a flawed pricing template from the PPPRA and a consumption figure which cannot be verified.

This is a big scam!!

Why will NNPC not allow independent marketers import and sell petroleum products? NNPC is the sole importer, NNPC sets the price, NNPC sets the daily consumption figure ... you see how this looks?

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 6:15am On Apr 21, 2021
SmartPolician:
A country that virtually runs on petrodollar, yet it cannot boast of one functional refinery and now the entire country has to wait for Dangote to start refining crude oil locally.

Buhari has been borrowing money to construct railways - something we can do without - leaving the most critical aspects of the economy, electricity and the downstream sector.

The oldie has headed the petroleum ministry since the inception of his administration. The NNPC cannot boast of one fully functional refinery, the corporation keeps paying staffers for doing nothing, and every year it incurs huge debt. Please what has Buhari achieved as the petroleum minister?

And you feel the price will drastically reduce, even if there are hundreds of refineries in the country?

Even countries with adequate numbers of refineries pay more for PMS than Nigerians do.

Do you even know the cost components of a litre of PMS and how the prices are arrived at?

You don't have sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Promoter2: 6:18am On Apr 21, 2021
Petrodollar
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Seniorwriter(m): 6:19am On Apr 21, 2021
How much low can this Present Useless & Clueless Administration go? I thought they said subsidy was a scam before their emergence into power?
Anyways I'm more less concerned as long as I'm earning from my online clients that pay promptly for all my services like White Board Animation and as also my investments in E-Sport and P2P daily target of $300....
If you are a youth and still not earning via online then it's your own undoing.
Earn foreign currencies with your passion, skill or funds legally....
Recently one of my prodigies consulted me for a new earning ways and after a little research with my ET he was advised to venture into Illustration Graphics...after a 2weeks prep training he started getting offers and presently he charges nothing less than $80(#35k+) daily rendering the service online.
No matter the price of essential commodities in Naira if you earn in foreign Currencies like $ you'll not feel the harsh economically hikes on what you need or want to buy.
You too can earn online it all depends on your ability to sacrifice resources(Time & Cash) to achieving steady Online Earnings(Residual Income).

@Seniorwriter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Tapout(m): 6:20am On Apr 21, 2021
Hmm, This country is heading towards a direction where cost of living will be extremely high for a large percentage of the population, which will eventually lead to a drastic surge in crime rate. The same crime that the country has not been able to bring under control. That's why this news really bothers me.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by dejol88: 6:23am On Apr 21, 2021
anigbajumo:
The longer we keep fooling ourselves the more economy will become worse, it's so obvious this unitry system of Government is not working. why is it difficult to return to Fiscal federalism where by each region will control their resources. Why are we fooling ourselves for goodness sake?? It's obvious PMS is the major determinant of our economy, any little increase will cause inflation yet we still keep on rolling around the same circle. If a litre of PMS hit #300 per liter (coz FG can't pay billions of Naira as subsidy every month in long run) just be expecting inflation to reach around 30% increase b4 the end of the second quarter of this year coz it's currently around 22% and we see how things cost in the market, that's when the real suffering will set in.

Sincerely speaking, am highly disappointed in Buhari. Most of the companies around Agbaara industrial hub most expecially in Igbesa in ogun state are not working coz there is no Gas supply like b4, if things continue like this honestly speaking no production company will remain in this country b4 the end of this year.

What baffles me is that we Nigerians are synonymous to suffering, Nigeria Youths av not woken up from their dream to float a new party that will pack both APC and PDP to one side coz non of these devish party will restructure this country rather than to loot for themselves and their grandchildren but posterity will judge u all.

No human with functional brain will pray for the continuation of Nigeria existence. It either we go for total disintegration which I believe is best or we activate regional autonomy.
Our unity will continue to increase poverty and encourage stealing while those in lower social ladder continues to suffer.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by nonen(m): 6:24am On Apr 21, 2021
What are Nigerians to expect on your return? CONTINUITY!!!
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by jesmond3945: 6:24am On Apr 21, 2021
ivandragon:

not the solution. The solution is to restructure or divide the country. The refineries they are importing from are owned by Nigerians. They would do everything possible to continue the status quo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by MoIbrahim: 6:27am On Apr 21, 2021
Na everyday dem dey remove subsidy for this country. They'll remove it now, and still come later saying they want to remove it again
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by oyeb15: 6:27am On Apr 21, 2021
theives. How much fuel are we consuming locally on daily basis for subsidy to reach 4bilion.

Why would a reasonable government depend on importation of pms when he produce d crude.

Is it not better for everybody to be buying crude and be using local means to refine it like our brothers in South South.

stewpid government
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by anigbajumo(m): 6:28am On Apr 21, 2021
dejol88:

No human with functional brain will pray for the continuation of Nigeria existence. It either we go for total disintegration which I believe is best or we activate regional autonomy.
Our unity will continue to increase poverty and encourage stealing while those in lower social ladder will continue to suffer.

We are approaching the elastic limits, insecurity everywhere no job for graduates and those shameless Politicians still dey give us false hope, sometimes if I sat down and think about the future of this country am always devastated. This country has collapse beyond repair, we need to tell ourselves the fact and stop pretending, the killing of idriz deby might spike insecurity in Nigeria coz of our porous boarder, I pray those chadian rebels doesn't see heaven here in Nigeria coz they will walk freely e to our country and it will complicate our problem.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by jesmond3945: 6:31am On Apr 21, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

So Buhari is the reason PMS landing cost hit 216 NGN?

A lot of dumb Nairalanders out there. I'm weak.

As a matter of fact, I am deactivating my account.

Bye y'all!
yes. His inept leadership is very obvious. That 1.5 billion given for maintenance can set up a refinery, a modular one. Do you know that many refineries in dubai are owned by Nigerians? It is more profitable to own a refinery in Dubai than in Nigeria. Why dangote stepped in is because he loves monopoly. If there were refineries in Nigeria dangote won't have ventured in. The solution is to restructure the country or divide, since buhari is not interested in leading the country well. Look at what ghana is doing, trying to process their raw materials. Their is no industry working in Nigeria because the rich men cite these industries overseas, take our raw materials and bring back finished goods. Government doesn't want to remove subsidy because it knows their plan would be blown fully open.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by AmgrayLogistics: 6:34am On Apr 21, 2021
Totally bad... no single refinery in this country

Amgray Logistics
Ship from USA to Nigeria
Ship from Nigeria to USA.
Free USA warehouse Address
Check our nairaland thread
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by DivineDynamics: 6:38am On Apr 21, 2021
Let us live right in the light of Christ.

Jesus saves.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by IAMPEDRO: 6:42am On Apr 21, 2021
dikeigbo2:
a giant petroleum exporting nation without a single functional refinery.....you export all the goodies in petroleum and import finished products.....i wonder how SHAMEless the country's representative(s) feels at any OPEC gathering.....1.5billion usd for ordinary maintenance and counting
They don't feel anything. A complete human beings behaving otherwise.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by dejol88: 6:45am On Apr 21, 2021
anigbajumo:

We are approaching the elastic limits, insecurity everywhere no job for graduates and those shameless Politicians still dey give us false hope, sometimes if I sat down and think about the future of this country am always devastated. This country has collapse beyond repair, we need to tell ourselves the fact and stop pretending, the killing of idriz deby might spike insecurity in Nigeria coz of our porous boarder, I pray those chadian rebels doesn't see heaven here in Nigeria coz they will walk freely e to our country and it will complicate our problem.
You said it all ,this is just the reality! As regards to 2023, shameless people are regrouping to lie to gullible people telling how they can make the country better .
Nothing can be done to salvage this country it has gone beyond repair .Our social problems will continue in geometric proportion, insecurity, hunger , unemployment and even yahoo yahoo that serves as cushion will reach the point of inflection which will exacerbate unrest from the youth.
If those above 60 years in this country who are politicians still love this country as they parade themselves, our discussion will not be about 2023, but on our best to move forward.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by samwillyco1(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2021
I thank God for life and thanked God that PMB is ruling this nation if not some people could have been saying that NIGERIA would have been like Germany both in technological development, Economic development, peace and unity, infrastructural development and otherwise.

NIGERIA fell from trying pan to deep fire

Finally it is well
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by nonhuman(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2021
dikeigbo2:
a giant petroleum exporting nation without a single functional refinery.....you export all the goodies in petroleum and import finished products.....i wonder how SHAMEless the country's representative(s) feels at any OPEC gathering.....1.5billion usd for ordinary maintenance and counting
I saw onochie in that pics
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by Bellotelli: 6:48am On Apr 21, 2021
When will dangote refinery start operation... That will reduce the cost yo large extent since we won't be importing again.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by anigbajumo(m): 6:50am On Apr 21, 2021
dejol88:

You said it all ,this is just the reality! As regards to 2023, shameless people are regrouping to lie to gullible people telling how they can make the country better .
Nothing can be done to salvage this country it has gone beyond repair .Our social problems will continue in geometric proportion, insecurity, hunger , unemployment and even yahoo yahoo that serves as cushion will reach the point of inflection which will exacerbate unrest from the youth.
If those above 60 years in this country who are politicians still love this country as they parade themselves, our discussion will not be about 2023, but on our best to move forward.

God bless you, only few people can reason without being prejudiced but some slowpoke will still be playing ethnic card not knowing they are jeopardizing their future. There's no sign that this country will be better in the next coming years.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by VictorUSA(m): 6:51am On Apr 21, 2021
By time leave Nigeria for US, I`ll not care if it hits 50000naira.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by CocoaOla: 6:55am On Apr 21, 2021
Nigeria in 2015 vs Nigeria in 2021

Petrol price: N87 vs N165.50
Dollar: N200 vs N480
Rice: N8,500 vs N31,000
Electricity tariff: N14.23 vs N62.33
GDP: $550.6bn vs $510.54b
Per capital income: $2,830.43 vs $2,202
Vat: 5% vs 7.5%
Stamp duty: N0 - N50/1k

Inflation 8% vs 22%

Apc negative change

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by CasNova(m): 6:59am On Apr 21, 2021
This is getting serious.

Really serious.

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion by BigBizzy(m): 7:01am On Apr 21, 2021
Oh Nigeria pays subsidy? Thought buhari scrapped it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Osinbajo Has Not Declared Interest In Presidential Race - Laolu Akande / One Igbo Man Is Equivalent To Five hundred Hausa Men - Igbo Popular Cleric Man / Boko Haram Kidnaps 8 Girls (Between 11 & 14 Years Old) In Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.