Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

How To Get Through Difficulties - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Get Through Difficulties (151 Views)

Protest In Benin And Edo States Due To Fuel Scarcity And Economic Difficulties. / 9 Strategies For Overcoming Financial Difficulties As A Salary Earner Nigeria / Having Difficulties Shopping Online? Watch And Learn How To Get A Dollar Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Through Difficulties by aewhydot: 8:46am On Apr 21, 2021
Today happened to be one of those stunning primer days. The sun is shining, the wind is blowing softly, and the temperature is spot on — the perfect day. Even with all the provocation I have to face, and I still look up at the sky and smile as the clouds trail one another across a “flawless” blue background.

But I know that the days to come will not be as stunning and calm as this day is. Yesterday was dark and tiresome, pierced with giant streaks of lightning, which generated thunder that upset the windows.

Yes, I know that all the days after today will not be as bright as this one, nor as gloomy as yesterday. Some days will be better than any other; Some will be worse. And I cannot say which ones will or won’t.

But this one thing I am sure of: There is going to change. There will be uncertainties. That’s how life is — there are great times and not so great times. The good times will not last eternally. Now and again, there will be rough times. But bear in mind, even the most horrible times won’t last either.

The ruse is to enjoy the good times, make the most of them, endure the hard times, and know they won’t last forever. Typically, it appears that the good times seem to go so fast, and the bad times appear to last forever, but this is not truly so. It is our knowledge of the time that makes it looks that way.

Ten minutes in my dentist’s chair may feel like time without end, while forty minutes spent chatting with a friend may look like just a few seconds. What we are dealing with at this juncture is an issue of focus. Let me clarify.

Every time we encounter difficulties, the penchant is to focus so intensely on trying to arrive at a result that we become all stressed and tied up in knots. When that occurs, we tend to become upset, fearful and sometimes irritated. The trouble here is that we’re trying to force a way out instead of allowing a way out.

Anger could be anticipated, but extended anger is detrimental to the body, psyche and spirit. The great writer and don, Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, stated, “Natural anger lasts for only about seventeen seconds”. Anything further than that is a response to situations or remembered difficulties.

Fear is one of our most dangerous enemies. The fear I’m referring to is the kind that causes us to stay conscious at night, conjuring up all the awful things that could occur because of the unsettled problems we’re facing. This kind of fear is risky, self-defeating and useless. It shakes our very basics and pointlessly drains us of energy.

And to be perturbed is natural. But let us not settle on the frustration. It’s like having a flat tire while on motion in a downpour and getting out of the car, becoming drenched and kicking the flat tire for being flat. It isn’t essential.

So you ask me, “How in that case, do I deal with my troubles?” The first most essential thing is to cut off from the problem. By this, I don’t mean that you act as if that the problem doesn’t exist. It does, so get all the facts you can and then let it be. Break focus on it. This way, your intuitive mind will work towards a way out.

When we force our brains to be fixed on the problem, when we do not let go, even for a moment, we deny the subconscious method the power it has to help resolve the predicament. We must let it slide. We must relax from thinking about the problem.

Do whatsoever you can to break focus. Given that all things have vigor, even our problems are energy “things”. If we focus on the problem for too long, we invigorate it and make it more challenging. By letting go and shifting our focus, we turn our energy away from the problem and are now “energizing” the resolution.

Does it matter how immense the problem is? Not really. The superior Self knows the response to difficulties we could ever come across. The magnitude of the problem is not significant. What is essential is how we see the problem. Withdraw your mind from it for a moment many times per day.

Throughout those times, don’t look at the specifics. You’ve previously done that. Just look away from the details to something pleasant, maybe pay attention to some good music, chat with a good friend, read a good book, watch a great film, go for a walk. Just sever focus on the problem for a moment.

If you do this, you will observe that the difficulties will come out to be minor and less frightening. And in some way, you will get the direction to do what’s needed to conquer the challenge. It may be that the house is being foreclosed, your car is being repossessed, a relative or close friend or even you may be battling sickness. Never mind what the problem is, allow calm, break focus, quiet and anticipate to flow through your brain.

As you practice this almost magically, things will start to adjust; you will look happier, more optimistic, more empowered. And you will think more without a doubt. You will hear the “still small” voice inside giving you the direction you need.

Don’t just believe me. Just attempt it and see for yourself. You’ve nothing to lose apart from your problems. And you have the whole thing to gain.

Next time I’ll reveal how to use various sources of inspiration to keep going when it seems that the road has been too long and dark. Remember, Morning has been all night coming, but see how surely it comes.

https://boldnhappy.com/how-to-get-through-difficulties/

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Commissioner, David Ugwunta Gives 50k Grant To Small Business Owners / The Generous Art Of Gift Giving / Please Watch, Share And Please Don't Forget To Subscribe To My Youtube Ch Thanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.