Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion (44651 Views)

Reject Calls For Pantami’s Resignation - MURIC Tells Buhari / Gbajabiamila Faults Elumelu As Minority Leader Demands Pantami’s Resignation / Elumelu Demands Apology Over Alleged N41bn Fraud, Gives 7 Days Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Akpuobi1: 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
LOOK AT FEMI'S RESPONSE TO AN ISSUE THAT HAS BROUGHT INTERNATIONAL DISREPUTE TO THE COUNTRY IN ORDER TO BE IN HIS MASTER'S GOOD BOOKS

NIGERIA IS STILL FAR FROM E GO BETTER

5 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by missiret(f): 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
The more they make noise about this Pantami, the more I prefer he remains.

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.

what is the correlation between the matter at hand and what you are saying?

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Steve28: 2:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
We all know the other matter in the house, that is the census of COWS �

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2021
The more you look, the less you see when it comes to Nigeria politics.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by SouthSouth1914: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.

Link our NIN to a known terrorist?

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Kingcalls: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2021
Rubber stamp leaders
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by HenryThegreat1(m): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Who is afraid of linking his or her sim to nin?
You guys are deviating from the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by PrinceofHCI(m): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
What else did you expect of the speaker, in the confused, failed & expired contraption?
It's only logical the call should as a matter of decency be raised to power 7, for the whole world to know, that terrorists have hijacked the government of the contraption!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Mivici: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
Na Them Sabi
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Princedapace(m): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Come on, blacks should rate them selves high na. It is not about the policy. It is a good policy but his comments are not healthy for a public office holder.

His policy is really okay and what we need at this time but he made comments not fit for anyone paid with tax payers money.

No one with such ideology should be seen occupying public office. He should have resigned but mehn, blacks keep proving me right. We are something else. So, shameful.

Whites resigne in the face of any controversy.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by ictjobber: 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Na still una people the Boko Haram they kill like fowl.. So it concerns us not.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Meeu2: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
[Mmechie onu

quote author=Simplyleo post=100990634]The more they make noise about this Pantami, the more I prefer he remains.

If you are not a criminal, you shouldn't have problem linking your SIM with your NIN.[/quote]
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
We aren't against nin. We are against sensitive info being in d hands of one time jihadists

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by ictjobber: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
Princedapace:

Come on, blacks should rate them selves high na. It is not about the policy. It is a good policy but his comments are not healthy for a public office holder.

His policy is really okay and what we need at this time but he made comments not fit for anyone paid with tax payers money.

No one with such ideology should be seen occupying public office. He should have resigned but mehn, blacks keep proving me right. We are something else. So, shameful.

Whites resigne in the face of any controversy.

You just replied a wall.
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Seniorwriter(m): 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
SAYNOTOTERRORISTSYMPATHIZERS!!!!
As youths of this nation what we should be clamoring for is his resignation or sack as evidence has shown he was a terrorist/terrorism sympathizer.

@Seniorwriter

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Empiree: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pantami is going nowhere. This is all about christian intolerance. Pantami's here to stay.

CHRISTIANITY destroyed nigerian economy. Ask me why. They are quick to scream "Nigeria is a secular country". Na lie. Yet they have pretty much ceremonially christianized the country. Thanks to the British and Western countries

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Ellasure: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
APC as a political party has the criminals on top of the party hierarchy and cannot do anything to correct themselves to do the right things. Evil association has corrupted them all.

Good bye Nigeria as we know it.

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Empiree: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
Pantami and the hypocrisy of his detractors

- By Fredrick Nwabufo

Profiling. Targeting. Scapegoating. In Nigeria, you are more likely to effectuate wry remarks and suspicious stares if you are the prototypical Muslim with full-bred beard, a ‘’decimal point’’ on your forehead – a sign of your devotion to Almighty Allah, and apparelled in modest trousers that stand aloof from the ankle than if you are a Bible-wielding evangelist piercing the dawn quietude of a drowsy neighbourhood with screams and shrieks of ‘’repentance’’.

We live in a country that is autochthonously Christianised. Our ways are Christian. It is commonplace to profile Muslims who hold strong beliefs as ‘’extremists’’ but not Christians who arrogantly profess their beliefs anywhere and everywhere, even commanding obeisance to their faith. I have never heard any Christian described as an extremist – even when some church leaders make galling and inflammatory statements.

In the build-up to the 2015 presidential election, Bishop Oyedepo vowed to open the floodgates of hell on the opponents of former President Goodluck Jonathan. Is this not an incendiary statement – by a man of god? This pastor also physically assaulted a penitent who came to his church for deliverance. But it was excused because he is a Christian leader. Christians are not extremists even when their actions vouchsafe this fact – but any Muslim can be summarily tagged an ‘’extremist?’’ When a Christian leader makes extremist comments, we call it ‘’holy anger’’. It is hypocrisy.

In 2017, the DSS attempted to arrest Pastor Johnson Suleman after he publicly said he asked his security guards to kill any Fulani intruder around his church. He also threatened the government after state agents swooped in on a hotel he took residence in Ekiti. In addition, Pastor Enenche and others in the same phylum have made ungodly threats that border on bigotry and extremism. But they were all palliated – because they are Christian leaders. It is hypocrisy.

Our society is subliminally attuned to certain precepts and ways that are predominantly Christian. Any otherness sets off an alarm. It is societal conditioning. Our society has been conditioned to readily see some people in one divide as ‘’extremists’’ and others in another category as ‘’devotees’’. A conditioning in hypocrisy.

The avalanche of attacks – both sponsored and taxied – against Isa Ibrahim Pantami, minister of communication and digital economy, accents some Nigerians’ atavism and aboriginal hypocrisy. I would not want to dwell on the contents of some videos and abstracts rippling on social media because they have been politically ammunitioned for not kosher ends.

Pantami’s only offence could be that he is a Sheikh heading a vital government ministry. Yes, some bigoted interests find his being a Sheikh in a sensitive public office exasperating. They cannot stand the fact that a notable Muslim leader is the superintendent of a key ministry. But Pantami is not just any Sheikh. He is a technocrat who knows his onions. He is not fish out of water at the ministry of communications. He trained as a computer scientist, obtaining a PhD from Robert Gordon University in Scotland. He bagged sterling credentials from Ivy-league schools like Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He also attended Cambridge in the UK. But bigotry clouds the mind of those who see him as a Sheikh who has no business in the communications ministry.

As a matter of fact, the kindler of the current social media blitz against the minister is beyond ‘’what he said or did not say in the past’’. Some interests in the communications industry who perceive him as impervious to inducement, a non-conformist and a strong character are working in the shadows. Pantami has taken some hard-line-decisions against the industry vultures that are desperate to draw blood. The controversy is a smokescreen to exact vengeance. Nigerians should not unwarily cavort on the playground of this horde.

The truth is for every of Pantami’s detractor, the cause for grouse are interests not being served. The minister is not playing ball, hence, veiled daggers drawn.

Those calling for Pantami’s resignation do not mean well for Nigeria. I believe he should be judged by his stewardship at the ministry of communications — not by his faith. If the social media blitzkrieg against the minister is because of his performance at the ministry, that will be a different matter. But it is not. Pantami is perhaps one of the most resourceful and responsive communications ministers Nigeria has ever had.

Again, the minister should be judged according to his work at the ministry. And he has done a good job of that.

I will not join the multitude to commit murder.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by k2kay(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
A matter of national security has nothing to do with the priviledge of a lawmaker? This country is gone!

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Funkeshuga(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
post=100990997:
Elume whatever,
Have you ever heard the name James Nwafor in the history of this nation?

The man who along with his fellow devils killed over 100 Anambra youths?

What have you said about that Massacre?!

Bunch of shameless hypocrites.

Reading the link below will bring tears to your eyes if you have blood flowing in your veins.

https://hallmarknews.com/chilling-tales-of-sars-brutality-the-awkuzu-abattoir/

Excerpts.....

I was tied, my hands and my legs at the back together, and I was being tortured. They just wanted me to say, Yes, I did it. Of course, I didn’t do anything, I was just 17 at that time, and I was not ready to say I did it. But the torture was too much, I couldn’t stand anymore. I had to agree that yes, I did it. Because that was the only way they said they would stop torturing me.

“The social action team came in; I had been in prison for three years, because my case was dumped in a court that was not sitting. So, they helped me to pick it up and transfer it to a court that was sitting. And they were paying my lawyer to hasten up the case. That was how I was discharged and acquitted.”

Esther’s account is one of many, and the bulk of such happened in Anambra, particularly in Awkuzu, where activists say, is the ground zero of SARS brutality in the country.

pantami described your brain in your attached picture

NIN must be link with sim but this doesn't stop the resignation of that terrorist

why do you like Terrorist sef, from Buhari to Miyetti Allah now pantami, I'm sure you will love skekau

confused specie

4 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by skeletine(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
post=100990997:
Elume whatever,
Have you ever heard the name James Nwafor in the history of this nation?

The man who along with his fellow devils killed over 100 Anambra youths?

What have you said about that Massacre?!

Bunch of shameless hypocrites.

Reading the link below will bring tears to your eyes if you have blood flowing in your veins.

https://hallmarknews.com/chilling-tales-of-sars-brutality-the-awkuzu-abattoir/

Excerpts.....

I was tied, my hands and my legs at the back together, and I was being tortured. They just wanted me to say, Yes, I did it. Of course, I didn’t do anything, I was just 17 at that time, and I was not ready to say I did it. But the torture was too much, I couldn’t stand anymore. I had to agree that yes, I did it. Because that was the only way they said they would stop torturing me.

“The social action team came in; I had been in prison for three years, because my case was dumped in a court that was not sitting. So, they helped me to pick it up and transfer it to a court that was sitting. And they were paying my lawyer to hasten up the case. That was how I was discharged and acquitted.”

Esther’s account is one of many, and the bulk of such happened in Anambra, particularly in Awkuzu, where activists say, is the ground zero of SARS brutality in the country.

So you were also recruited?

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by dalass(f): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
DarkApostle:
grin

Wailers, give up! #PantamiWillStay.. #PantamiForPresident2023.. cheesy

Oga darkness...

Your dark and sinister agenda for Nigeria will boomerang so much, many Pantamis will pay heavily. Social medial won't forget

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Agbebakun22: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I'm ashamed of the level of hypocrisy displayed by we southerners especially we Christians in this incessant calls for Pantami's resignation. What has pantami done wrong for God's sake? How many of us don't have some misdeeds in the past? Why can't we practice the teachings of our lord Jesus christ who admonished us to love our neighbors as ourselves? Pantami has never been convicted nor tried in any court yet we are calling for his head. Are we not meant to be our brothers keeper? What proof do we Christians have to call him an extremist just because he mandated us to register for NIN. Why this sudden media trial and blackmail? Why can't we emulate northerners who always stand by themselves no matter what? Are we not ashamed that our country's name is been dragged in the mud by this baseless accusations? Pantami is going no where. We have terrible people amongst we Christians too but we shield them rather than call them out. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Christian. Honestly sad

Born again kill u there, gerrarahere if u have nothing meaningful to say... U are also terrorist

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by fatahtalks(m): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
All of a sudden his past preaching has become an lssue. Why wasn't these raised during his nomination as minister. Jst becos the telecom companies are nt happy with some of his policy. And paid some news agencies to defame his personality. In Islam u can change ur view. Meaning many Islamic lecturers can say do "A" when he researchers more he can retract his statement due to the fact that he has stronger opinion after reading and understanding the topic more.

1 Like

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

If you are not an extremist sympathizer, you will have a problem with an extremist sympathizer holding such position, especially with the state of insecurity in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Blackdisciple(m): 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
DarkApostle:
grin
Wailers, give up! #PantamiWillStay.. #PantamiForPresident2023.. cheesy
Akuya
Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by Coolcalmcollect(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

mumu bvn that's linked to account has it stopped scammers from defrauding people?? you have no sense,

3 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by CocoaOla: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
FEMI is the chief con atist of apc Muslim brotherhood ocultic party

2 Likes

Re: Elumelu Demands Pantami’s Resignation, Gbajabiamila Blocks Motion by MENELIIK: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:
Thank you Ndudi Elumelu for having the balls and guts to speak up.

Igbos will always be in the forefront of canvassing for equity and justice.

Yes, especially the way they canvassed for the resignation and removal of Stella Oduah.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Red Egbesu Water Lions Demand Release Of Dasuki And Kanu / Photos Of President-elect Buhari In London / Buhari's Children Surprise Mohammed Lawal Abubakar, Father's ADC On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.