Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,049 members, 7,956,901 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism (644 Views)

Orji Kalu: President’s Visit To South-east Will Clear Lies That He Is Not Buhari / Pictures:Lagos Was One Of The Most Developed Cities In West Africa Before Tinubu / Top 10 Empires And Kingdoms Of Africa Before Colonization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by kevapet: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
The shameful and miserable lie by a user Rosupti a.k.a rosskiiku in a bid to support his united and indivisible nijeriya makes me sick and its a big slap on the face of we learned and educated black people of Africa. Infact i'm so busy right now but the nauseating lies can't stop disturbing me psychologically that i can't focus on what i'm doing. Honestly why would a sane black African ever open his mouth and say there were no ethnicity before arrival of colonialist when these colonialists themselves are of different tribes? The welsh and irish are of different tribe that has been ruling themselves before the union was formed. Same as the kurds that can be found in todays Turkey, Iraq. The white race are made up of different tribes but blacks has none and it was the whites that created tribes for us? You must not say this to the aborigines in Aussie and New zealand and they won't cut off your head.
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by kevapet: 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
Now to tribes ruling themselves in Africa before colonialism, the Ashantis, Yorubas, Mali e.t.c are typical example. Saying that Yorubas were never one tribe then because of civil war is just ignorance in its full flare. The yoruba sub ethnic group were all autonomous provinces but all provide men for millitary and pay tax to the central. There was no war that Yorubas[led by Oyo] fought that any men from the sub ethnic group won't be a part of. From ijebus, Egbas, ekiti, igbomina, ondo, ife and others always come together to defend the Yoruba interest. The incoporation of Yoruba sub groups in different segments into the colnial protectorate by colonialist was as a result of the civil war the Yorubas was just coming from(omonnakoda needs this).
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by kevapet: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Same as the Ashanti of present day ghana and ivory coast. They were all one in there kingdom fighting war, conquering territory as one before colonialist came. The GA Adangbe of Ghana too. You lots should always feel free to defend nijeriya without having to tell lies that disgust souls ok? But don't forget the U.S.S.R eventually failed just because the people despite being whites were never one. The countries are still even dividing further according to tribes till date. You lots should have shame and stop telling shameful lies in a bid to defend your one nijeriya.
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by Sammy07: 5:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
I actually saw his thread late and I was very busy to respond.
I hope he comes here to say his trash
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by Sammy07: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
He says there was no tribe or languages and the whites brought us related languages together or so.

I wonder how an Egba, Ondo, etc were able to understand an Oyo man perfectly then before making Oyo the central dialect.

He forgot Egba, Ijebu, Etc were always busy with trades clothes, silks, wool, etc with ibadans, oyos
How then were they able to understand each other? undecided
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by leofab(f): 5:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hello
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by kevapet: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2021
Sammy07:
He says there was no tribe or languages and the whites brought us related languages together or so.

I wonder how an Egba, Ondo, etc were able to understand an Oyo man perfectly then before making Oyo the central dialect.

He forgot Egba, Ijebu, Etc were always busy with trades clothes, silks, wool, etc with ibadans, oyos
How then were they able to understand each other? undecided
They just want to defend one nijeriya but they forgot they don't have to sound stupid. Yoruba has been even before the welsh and irish tribes agreed to be part of english and scottish union called u.k that he lied created language for our fore-fathers.
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by kevapet: 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
leofab:
Hello
hello?
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by Sammy07: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
kevapet:
They just want to defend one nijeriya but they forgot they don't have to sound stupid. Yoruba has been even before the welsh and irish tribes agreed to be part of english and scottish union called u.k that he lied created language for our fore-fathers.

Lol no mind him.

How were the obas able to communicate with each other In the past.

He forgot that almost all the Obas are either a prince of Ife or Oyo
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by kevapet: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
Sammy07:

Lol no mind him.

How were the obas able to communicate with each other In the past.

He forgot that almost all the Obas are either a prince of Ife or Oyo
I'm waiting for him to come and tell me that. The lies disgust my soul ehn. I had to abandon what i was doing just to reply him.
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by leofab(f): 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
kevapet:
hello?
hi
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by Akudaisi: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
Please what you refer as tribes are actually race and Ethnic nationalities,Being Igbo is not different from being English, Scottish, Irish etc,stop this precolonial misconception please
Re: The Lies That There Were No Ethnicities In Africa Before Colonialism by kevapet: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
Akudaisi:
Please what you refer as tribes are actually race and Ethnic nationalities,Being Igbo is not different from being English, Scottish, Irish etc,stop this precolonial misconception please
The many confusion here is not understood.

(1) (Reply)

Video And Photos Of The House Of Governor Hope Uzodima Of Imo State On Fire / Father Mbaka Is An Author Of Confusion: Reno OMOKRI / The Problem Of SE And Igboland In General Is Abia State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.