Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Spiritual Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spiritual Death (576 Views)

What Is Spiritual Death? / 5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse / Spiritual Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Death by yommyuk: 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2011
WHAT IS SPIRITUAL DEATH

An unsaved person is said to be spiritually dead. Romans 5:12 tells us that when Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death. This death was passed on to everyone. Therefore every human that came after Adam had sin in their nature. Mankind was doomed.

Romans 5:17
For the sin of this one man, Adam caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.

Both Adam and Jesus Christ committed a single act whose influence extends to all people that they represent. Adam represented all mankind by acting not according to the will of God. In contrast, Christ one act of righteousness was his death on the cross.  It is called a righteous act because Jesus Christ chose to die in obedience to the Father’s will.

John 10:18
“No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”

Who are the Spiritually Dead?

Eph 2:1
Once you were dead because of your disobedience and your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil-the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God.

This condition of spiritual death is not to be defined by merely the absence or privation of God's spiritual life. Nay! Adam made a choice to sin. Whenever we sin, we make a personal choice to do so. Just as Adam chose to believe the devil by eating the forbidden fruit, likewise we are obeying the devil when we sin. He is the power at work in the heart of a sinner.

Are you worried?

Please don’t be!

Why?

There is a way out!

Hebrew 2:14-15

Because God’s Children are human beings – made of flesh and blood, the son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.

Mediate on the reason Jesus Christ died for you on the cross. Acknowledge that the death of the son of God as a sacrifice for sin was to break the power of the devil. It made the power the devil HAD over you ineffective. Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world.

CONCLUSION

To those who mock the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross. You are the spiritual death. That is the gospel truth. Ignorance is no excuse. sad

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

We Design Religeous Website For Your Church,ministries,organisation.call 08030559825 / When Others Fail Us / Lets Rate Them: Muslims, Xtians &neutrals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.