Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) (40553 Views)

Electric Shock Kills Fulani Man's Cow In Delta(photos) / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / Australian Police Python Photo Breaks The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by ofuonyebi: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
THIS SO CALLED COEW...

EVERYWHERE YOU GO

NA COW AND THE WAHALA CARRIER
EVEN IN THE AIRPORT TOO?

SHAME OF A NATION....TUFIA!
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
What is it with Naija and cows these days? Jeez.
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
Lol.....fayemi doesn't want northern cows that have been raped by fulani bororos.
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by planetx: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
how can you import cows from U.S? Are you kidding me now?
Probably a different breed from the one's we have here. Who knows

1 Like

Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by ashawopikin(m): 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2021
StagethemTVee:
A cow broke free at the Murtala Mohammed Airport today and airport staff are seen avoiding its path while trying to chase it to avoid minimal damage on goods around. The cow is reported to be one of the 250 cows imported by the Ekiti state government from New Jersey to Boost their dairy production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEDADTrpcic
Nigeria no 1 citizen, nothing must happen to that cow grin
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by mokt(m): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
Fulani cow seff tire for Naija matter won go claim IPOB asylum for UK
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by omonnakoda: 10:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by FatherOfJesus: 10:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
omonnakoda:
I do not think funding research is always a common sense or necessary option. That is just theoretical
Even if research is funded it will still need imported breeds unless you are proposing genetic modification
There is no need to fund research to reinvent the wheel
The knowledge we require is already uncovered
Anyway to establish facts with breed development takes decades literally

A cow is pregnant for 9 months and i takes years to establish tiny details

Brazil is at a very similar latitude to us and is the largest exporter of beef .
We can learn a lot from their experience
There is plenty of data there
Anyway it will surprise you to know that Nigeria is one of the leading countries for research in Africa and the world
I believe this project is based on some research
The problem is after research you still need capital

The World Agricultural subsidy is over $700 billion. It is difficult to compete without robust subsidies

The Jersey breed is not an American breed it is from Jersey in Europe originally that has been exported around the world

I think you are confusing BREEDING research with genetic research

Breed can take decades or even centuries to develop unless we do genetic modification
you don’t always need a genetic modification to get the high yielding breed.

Variation already did the job, you only need to identify those with the gene and then and then start mating to produce more of offspring with that gene.

Until we start applying science and technology to agriculture efficiently, we will keep acting as if we don’t have brains.
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by KangaIye: 10:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
Our fellow citizens
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by kikelomo68469: 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
:I'm amazed by your last line and at the same time look at the irony in it with your write-up. I will not continue this conversation with you anymore. Have a blessed day. I am heartbroken and suicidal
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by Shikena(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
what happened to funding research that can allow us make a high yielding breed here in Nigeria?

I think the high yielding breeds in United States werent always there. They had to do some work in genetic research.

We are just mentally lazy and want to be spoon fed every god damn thing.
grin Don't mind us. Me I won't drive any imported car or use imported computers again until I finish building my own car and computer in Nigeria.
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by omonnakoda: 11:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
you don’t always need a genetic modification to get the high yielding breed.
Did I say that?
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by damiloladuke: 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
he wan commot this country
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
such a shame. even at the most developed state in the country
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by FatherOfJesus: 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2021
omonnakoda:
Did I say that?
im trying to let you understand how mentally lazy it is for them to waste a lot of resources trying to get a breed from U.S.

How can you import cows from U.S? that’s because they have refused to invest in science overtime.
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by FatherOfJesus: 11:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
Shikena:

grin Don't mind us. Me I won't drive any imported car or use imported computers again until I finish building my own car and computer in Nigeria.
It doesn’t take much to find a breed of cow that can yield enough milk. Just little research, it’s not like building a car.
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by alshalz(m): 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
database comes to mind or wants to board airplane, this Naija everything and anything is possible
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by flames01: 12:16am On Apr 23, 2021
StagethemTVee:
A cow broke free at the Murtala Mohammed Airport today and airport staff are seen avoiding its path while trying to chase it to avoid minimal damage on goods around. The cow is reported to be one of the 250 cows imported by the Ekiti state government from New Jersey to Boost their dairy production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEDADTrpcic

According to your dumb English, the staff are "trying to...avoid minimal damage". That means they are trying to ensure extensive damage, right?
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by Shikena(m): 12:54am On Apr 23, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
It doesn’t take much to find a breed of cow that can yield enough milk. Just little research, it’s not like building a car.
Way to go! We are behind you.
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by deflover(m): 2:23am On Apr 23, 2021
Amotolongbo:
That was one of the cows imported by the Ekiti State Government from the US to Ikun Dairy farm

The Cow must have been angry after seeing the difference between the Airport in US and Nigeria
grin cheesy :

Damn this cracked me up
Even u self
U no go vex if u don live for US all ur life
Dem come lie to u say u dey go the giant of Africa
Only to reach there
U come dey see nonsense country
The cow dey protest na grin
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by dam4sam: 3:21am On Apr 23, 2021
Amotolongbo:
That was one of the cows imported by the Ekiti State Government from the US to Ikun Dairy farm

The Cow must have been angry after seeing the difference between the Airport in US and Nigeria

I hope it is not those terrorist Fulani Herdsmen that are trying to Sabotage the Cows, nothing is beyond those savages grin grin

But seriously, what is the big deal that the Cow broke free at the Airport?
It can hppen at any Airport because you cant pack the Cows the way you would pack inanimate Cargo angry
It was caught and restrained a few minutes after it broke loose.
I hope other SW States have also started rehabilitating their farm Settlements.
Let Unemployed Yoruba Youths and those of the Middle Belt return to such farms and secure it properly
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by dam4sam: 3:24am On Apr 23, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
what happened to funding research that can allow us make a high yielding breed here in Nigeria?

I think the high yielding breeds in United States werent always there. They had to do some work in genetic research.

We are just mentally lazy and want to be spoon fed every god damn thing.

Nothing!
But this importation is a "FAST-TRACK APPROACH" and ofcourse, there will be Scientific effort ot multiply it rapidly through Test-tube insemination and incubation
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by dangotesmummy: 6:27am On Apr 23, 2021
BetBuilder365:

typical nigerians who can't even read without commenting
are you one of the people gaining from abnormalities and chaos because it's only a twisted person that will not see anything faulty in this
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by muyico(m): 7:55am On Apr 23, 2021
too bd
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by muyico(m): 8:11am On Apr 23, 2021
very soon we go import women too
Re: Cow Breaks Free At Lagos Airport (Video) by SolarEdge: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2021
Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Big Python Killed At Delta Broadcasting Service Warri (Photos) / Lady Who Cleans Up Jabi Lake, Kick-starts Tree Planting Exercise In Abuja / Some Interesting Facts To Know About The Year 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.