Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna (14160 Views)

Labour Declares Nationwide Protest Over Hardship / Protests In Kaduna Against El-Rufai, Insecurity, Mass Sack, Hunger (Photos) / Minimum Wage: NLC Declares Strike In Imo, Rivers, Osun, 15 Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by orikoku: 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
It's now obvious that in the next 6 months, states won't be able to pay their workers. Nigeria at the brink of collapse.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by SmartPolician: 8:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
joe4christ:

I understand your position. But on what excuse is he terminating their service?

Who doesn't know that civil service in Nigeria is overbloated with unproductive people? Every governor that comes in use the civil service to compensate his friends and community, rocketing their salaries. That's why recurrent budgets are triple of capital budgets...which is absolutely crazy for a developing country.

They come to work every morning, gisiting and selling things in their office. You see bunch of newpapers and they just talk about politics, sports, etc. Some of them come to work any day they want. Some just fill the attendance register and rush to their side hustle. At the end of the month, they want to be paid salaries. Salaries for doing what exactly? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Besides, el-Rufai has always complained that many teachers in Kaduna can't even spell their names correctly. Now, you ask yourself: What exactly have they been teaching pupils and students?

I continue to say that Nigeria needs sweeping reforms. We cannot continue to do stupid things and expect positive results.

6 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by CzarChris(m): 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bunch of noise making toothless bulldogs.

NLC is dead.
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by joe4christ(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
SmartPolician:

Who doesn't know that civil service in Nigeria is overbloated with unproductive people? Every governor that comes in use the civil service to compensate his friends and community, rocketing their salaries. That's why recurrent budgets are triple of capital budgets...which is absolutely crazy for a developing country.

They come to work every morning, gisiting and selling things in their office. You see bunch of newpapers and they just talk about politics, sports, etc. Some of them come to work any day they want. Some just fill the attendance register and rush to their side hustle. At the end of the month, they want to be paid salaries. Salaries for doing what exactly? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Besides, el-Rufai has always complained that many teachers in Kaduna can't even spell their names correctly. Now, you ask yourself: What exactly have they been teaching pupils and students?

I continue to say that Nigeria needs sweeping reforms. We cannot continue to do stupid things and expect positive results.

Okay I get your point. And its valid. I just hope Elrufai ain't an extremists like many people paint him to be
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by Princevirus(m): 9:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hassanmaye:
Which course
mechanical engineering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by malakaimoscondo: 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
samyj2477:
he probably wants to replace them with Hausa-Fulani terrorist.
thinkia banza hopi
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by malakaimoscondo: 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
Princevirus:
help. I graduated in 2016 , served in 2018 but no job till now
lolz,,,new comer in the labor market.......though we have all got our destiny Sha........I serve a very long time..make I conceal the years kowai
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by Yusufisraelj(m): 10:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
joe4christ:

I understand your position. But on what excuse is he terminating their service?

He claimed that from the monthly federal allocations 90 to 98%% is spent on salaries and wages and nothing left for the development of the state his aim was to mitigate that, equally he borrowed heavy amounts of money to develop some parts of the state yet funds ain't enough to bring the needed development to life so that, that same loan can be paid back and state develops to generate better revenue.

Well what can I say, I've seen his plans and all that it looks good on paper I hope the people would not be sacked in vain.

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by gbagyiza: 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
SmartPolician:

el-Rufai has his faults, but he's a good administrator. Our problem is that we are so used to mediocrity and lawlessness in a way that those have become a norm.

He is but sometimes a leader has to consider the situation around before making some decisions. This action came at the wrong time considering what people r passing through with regards to the economy n security in the country. He should have suspended some of the capital projects n concentrate on the payment of salaries pending when the economy will improve because the infrastructure will become useless if people r hungry. I can't explain the scenario behind the Kaduna State Government conducting fresh recruitment for teachers presently n at the same time sacking others. The governor seems confused.
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by Nkorian(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
Princevirus:
I too graduated 2016 and served 2018 (Delta State).
I believe God will not disappoint us
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by NobleEngineer(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
Nkorian:

I too graduated 2016 and served 2018 (Delta State).
I believe God will not disappoint us

did elrufai also sack the newly employed teachers?
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by airminem(f): 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
AllenSpencer:

Exactly!

Its a generic instinct in short people

They are very heartless.

Why I rather dine with a cobra than have a short person as a friend.

And come to think of it, some people marry short people.
Dine with VP Osinbajo?
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:09am On Apr 23, 2021
Only incompetent workers were sacked.

If we really want this country to move forward, we need to support good governance.

If El-Rufai had got the right support from the beginning, the workforce in Kaduna would be one of the best in the world.
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by samyj2477: 3:35am On Apr 23, 2021
malakaimoscondo:
thinkia banza hopi
Aboki banza
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by letitrainnow(m): 3:46am On Apr 23, 2021
Too bad
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by prof2007: 4:04am On Apr 23, 2021
Where is your location?

Princevirus:
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by umarsule885(m): 4:55am On Apr 23, 2021
olatade:
They're wasting their time if they think they can challenge el rufai. That man no send anybody oh!
so u re saying the 4000 sack staff's are all Christians? LMAO
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by Tzar(m): 5:13am On Apr 23, 2021
No sensible human being takes this corruption infested labour union serious any longer. They just need a closed door meeting and brown envelopes to do their usual thing!

What is wrong with trimming an over bloated and extremely corrupt civil service?! All they need to do is to also insist the governor and his executive cut their spending drastically too as tit for tat. That is the only reasonable reason to go on strike.

Doraty1:

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-labour-declares-strike-over-mass-sack-of-workers-in-kaduna
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by Princevirus(m): 6:04am On Apr 23, 2021
prof2007:
Where is your location?

Currently in Niger
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by sweetgala(m): 10:41am On Apr 23, 2021
LibertyRep:
It appears El-Rufai does not care about public perception any longer.

Is this the right time to send people to Labour market?

Damn right the best time is now, Tinubu did this in Lagos many years ago and the LASG is the better for it, these LGAs and state ministries have a surplus of unqualified, aged and inefficient workers doing nothing.

El-Rufai has been speaking about this for many years so it's of no surprise to me, he is the kind of leader Nigeria needs people who are willing to take the difficult decisions. Let the labour Congress protests all they want the governor should not reverse his move we'll see who blinks first.

They didn't even give a 30 day notice the state should enacst no work no pay for all civil servants that downed tools.
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by Abdul240(m): 11:22am On Apr 23, 2021
Princevirus:
I have an opportunity for u if u will be interested call me on 09137442032 am ALIYU CISSE ABDULRAZAQ
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by Abdul240(m): 9:02am On Apr 24, 2021
Princevirus:
Search me on facebook Prince Aliyu Cisse Aabdulrazaq u will see i wear native but same pic on one
Re: Labour Declares Strike Over Mass Sack Of Workers In Kaduna by Princevirus(m): 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
prof2007:
Where is your location?

I can move to anywhere without delay if you have something for me please

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Plans To Tax Cryptos, Other Digital Assets / Nigerians Are Suffering Under Your Government — Muslim Council Tells Tinubu / ‎Court Stops Adamawa Assembly From Impeaching Nyako

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.