Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? (2915 Views)

Xiaomi Marketers: The Need To Always Silence Competition / My People Be Careful Of Xiaomi Marketers / Do Xiaomi Get Android Q Update? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by RealEzee(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2021
thepoweruser:

Sorry to disappoint you, friend, but that isn't strictly true.
Yes, Xiaomi lets ads appear in their UX. But the important thing is: you can turn them off. And in Europe, no ads on flagship phones or premium midrangers.
By the way, EVERYONE turns on ads. OnePlus does in India. Realme, vivo, even Samsung! At least, you can turn it on. But my main gripe with Transsion stuff are their own ads. They have all sorts of spammy crap even when mobile data is disabled. Those blasted bloatware apps like AHA Games, Phoenix browser, even their system apps, they choke the UX with ads. And YOU CANNOT GET RID OF THEM unless you use ADB and install Nova. Trust me, HiOS and XOS aren't good UIs. They are not smooth, animations and transitions aren't fluid even with 90Hz, and the skins are so heavy-handed and unintuitive. Androidauthority in their article about bad UIs called Infinix's UI 'something straight out of 2013'.
watch how they will avoid u like a plague grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by shedy03(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2021
LegalRambles:
Why is Xiaomi platform filled with fake stories.
This phone has no support in this side of the world.
This phone has no spare parts
This phone has no resale value
This phone has alot of software issues
Lie-lie.
2years of using a redmi note 7 pro, not a single issue.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by ALLFATHER14: 9:38am On May 12, 2021
Or11:
Cut the OP some slack, majority of you people commenting don't even use the brand of phone. I use a Redmi note 8 pro and it had a software issue for the second week. I took it back to the shop I bought it and was told I have to leave it with them for two weeks to fix. I don't have a spare good browsing phone that works so I have been managing it.

The issue is the notification banner that pops up stays longer on the screen than necessary. I have attached a screen shot so you guys understand.

Update your phone baba
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Or11: 7:52am On May 13, 2021
ALLFATHER14:

Update your phone baba

Done update twice. I gave up
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Yourfav: 1:31pm On May 13, 2021
Frankwest77:
Availability of parts is one amongst their many issues, my father's Mi 8 pro's screen broke and we've wandered so much in search for its screen but forwhere............
chai, at the end you'd be forced to abandon the phone you bought with your hard earned money

1 Like

Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Epass2f: 7:14am On May 14, 2021
pannyman:
The great Xiaomi marketer himself. Well done. grin grin

i laugh in Swahili grin wink cheesy tongue
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by gogeekish(m): 7:16am On May 14, 2021
All these guys saying this brand had issues. Why is it that the phone is the least among other brands that is returned by customers for complain?

You guys assume a failed xiaomi device represents 1000 units.

That's very unfair. I am a user since 2016 and xiaomi happens to be the only brand I rested on.

Yes, transsion company produces good and bad phones but the bad ones are more in numbers than their good ones. May be that's why people bash them.
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by gogeekish(m): 7:26am On May 14, 2021
Frankwest77:
Availability of parts is one amongst their many issues, my father's Mi 8 pro's screen broke and we've wandered so much in search for its screen but forwhere............
Come on dude! You could spot this tread but you couldn't spot alot of people who can get the parts within 3 weeks? Dude! You are very unserious.

Do you think you can get literally all screens of Samsung, Huawei, Infinix or Tecno with ease?

It all depends on the model in question.

Who knows Mi 8 Pro talk less of selling parts. Don't you know you need to make contact for it?

Send me the phone to fix it for you jor
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Epass2f: 7:33am On May 14, 2021
Benstino:

Your imaginary friend has a problem. It's got nothing to do with xiaomi

Xiaomi no be phone abeg!!
If only he had listened he would have used his hard earned money on a better device. I just hope he had learnt his lesson listening to fake advise....

Xiaomi, redmi,and co... Unknown device all are dustbin

Xiaomi marketers una well don for putting an innocent person in trouble oooo....
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Epass2f: 7:37am On May 14, 2021
Yourfav:
chai, at the end you'd be forced to abandon the phone you bought with your hard earned money

O boy.. see mixed reaction cheesy grin Lolz...
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Ammaizingemmy: 7:51am On May 14, 2021
DONFRANSKID:
mumu some of us don't use don't xiaomi but we bash transsion because of their false marketing strategy

That's just it... Bad Belle people everywhere
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Yourfav: 10:48am On May 14, 2021
Epass2f:

O boy.. see mixed reaction cheesy grin Lolz...
if the brand no get beta after sales service and their spare parts ain't available, I no dey buy
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by iseoluwanimi: 9:01pm On May 14, 2021
haa when was the last time you held any of these phones, the smasung tecno or infinix shocked shocked
thepoweruser:

Yes, Xiaomi lets ads appear in their UX. But the important thing is: you can turn them off. And in Europe, no ads on flagship phones or premium midrangers.
By the way, EVERYONE turns on ads. OnePlus does in India. Realme, vivo, even Samsung! At least, you can turn it on. But my main gripe with Transsion stuff are their own ads. They have all sorts of spammy crap even when mobile data is disabled. Those blasted bloatware apps like AHA Games, Phoenix browser, even their system apps, they choke the UX with ads. And YOU CANNOT GET RID OF THEM unless you use ADB and install Nova. Trust me, HiOS and XOS aren't good UIs. They are not smooth, animations and transitions aren't fluid even with 90Hz, and the skins are so heavy-handed and unintuitive. Androidauthority in their article about bad UIs called Infinix's UI 'something straight out of 2013'.
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by hoilakes(m): 9:03pm On May 14, 2021
Join kenny blaq on stage cuz you re funny grin grin YOU go still buy a crap even when you know it is OK
ahmemmygrey:

Leave am like that
We go still buy am

1 Like

Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Ammaizingemmy: 6:18am On May 16, 2021
Yourfav:
if the brand no get beta after sales service and their spare parts ain't available, I no dey buy

Even me sef, wetin I dey after na the spare part, I can not come and cry had I know.
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Epass2f: 6:23am On May 16, 2021
Yourfav:

Abi... Na wetin me sef go do be that.... I no want regrets.
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by allandutch: 10:34am On May 16, 2021
LegalRambles:
Why is Xiaomi platform filled with fake stories.
This phone has no support in this side of the world.
This phone has no spare parts
This phone has no resale value
This phone has alot of software issues

What is wrong with you sef? It's like they don't teach you guys anything in that online marketing school transsion send you people to.

1&2. Xiaomi has no support, and no spare parts in this country but people are still picking their phones over the ones produced by the brand you represent. Normally, that should tell you something about the brand and the quality of it products but no no, you see that as a weakness. Okay.

3.No resale value? Big lie. How about we compare a (say, flagship) phones manufactured by Infinix or Tecno with one (a midranger) manufactured by xiaomi same time last year to see how much they're worth now. Let's see how much their value have dropped.

My brother bought a new redmi note 9 pro last year for 112k. I was waiting for the price to drop so i can buy only for it to shoot up to 117k/119k. The new still cost about the same price now as it did last year. A used one is still within 85k to 100k (depending on how used it is)

4. Software issue? You, a transsion Supporter/Marketer, don't get to point out software issues in other phones. Why? Transsion phones run the shittiest softwares in the history of shitty sofwares. Infinix is a little bit better, i never liked tecno's OS and don't even get me started with Itel.

Let an iPhone or a Samsung/Huawei/OnePlus/Oppo/Pixel user come and criticize xiaomi's software issues, you're not in a position to do so.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by donbenie(m): 6:07pm On May 16, 2021
Yourfav:
Na phone wey dey break and spoil up and down go dey worry about spare parts..

Go pack your malfunctioning TRASHION to Carlcare,that is where they are meant to be.. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Eyanbahose: 6:21pm On May 16, 2021
One thing about xaiomi marketers is that they don't want anybody making complaints at all. It's very funny
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Eyanbahose: 6:28pm On May 16, 2021
allandutch:

What is wrong with you sef? It's like they don't teach you guys anything in that online marketing school transsion send you people to.

1&2. Xiaomi has no support, and no spare parts in this country but people are still picking their phones over the ones produced by the brand you represent. Normally, that should tell you something about the brand and the quality of it products but no no, you see that as a weakness. Okay.

3.No resale value? Big lie. How about we compare a (say, flagship) phones manufactured by Infinix or Tecno with one (a midranger) manufactured by xiaomi same time last year to see how much they're worth now. Let's see how much their value have dropped.

My brother bought a new redmi note 9 pro last year for 112k. I was waiting for the price to drop so i can buy only for it to shoot up to 117k/119k. The new still cost about the same price now as it did last year. A used one is still within 85k to 100k (depending on how used it is)

4. Software issue? You, a transsion Supporter/Marketer, don't get to point out software issues in other phones. Why? Transsion phones run the shittiest softwares in the history of shitty sofwares. Infinix is a little bit better, i never liked tecno's OS and don't even get me started with Itel.

Let an iPhone or a Samsung/Huawei/OnePlus/Oppo/Pixel user come and criticize xiaomi's software issues, you're not in a position to do so.

i can tell you boldly that Xaiomi has issues. My RN4 was having software issues, I got it tired and gave it out.
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Eyanbahose: 6:36pm On May 16, 2021
thepoweruser:

Tecno and infinix are devices meant for the average African don't care about fluidity or chipset, provided it can do what phones are meant to do. Some Transsion devices still make whole sense though. I use cam on 16 and it's a very good device.
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Eyanbahose: 6:43pm On May 16, 2021
gogeekish:
All these guys saying this brand had issues. Why is it that the phone is the least among other brands that is returned by customers for complain?

That's very unfair. I am a user since 2016 and xiaomi happens to be the only brand I rested on.

Yes, transsion company produces good and bad phones but the bad ones are more in numbers than their good ones. May be that's why people bash them.
this last paragraph is false. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Kakadancefreak(f): 7:33pm On May 16, 2021
Xiaomi na phone? No matter the lies! I no dey look the phone.

No be my spec
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Principalw: 10:59pm On May 16, 2021
Why won't they provide false information, when they are so bent od ripping off unsuspecting Nigerians of there hard earned money.
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by LegalRambles(m): 2:25am On May 20, 2021
allandutch:

Xiaomi Marketer spotted
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Epass2f: 9:24am On May 20, 2021
donbenie:
Na phone wey dey break and spoil up and down go dey worry about spare parts..

Go pack your malfunctioning TRASHION to Carlcare,that is where they are meant to be.. grin

Which phone wey no dey spoil or break..
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by Epass2f: 9:27am On May 20, 2021
Kakadancefreak:
Xiaomi na phone? No matter the lies! I no dey look the phone.

No be my spec

Ajeh my brother.. even if them sell am for #25,000
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by donbenie(m): 1:33pm On May 20, 2021
Epass2f:

Which phone wey no dey spoil or break..
Breaking your phone is a matter of carelessness..

I have used more than 13 Smartphones and I have never broken any of them..

It is not down to pure luck..

And a good well made phone would hardly spoil unless carelessly handled..

Am on my third Xiaomi device and non of them has packed up on me..

The one I gave out after two years is still as good as new..
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by allandutch: 8:16pm On May 20, 2021
LegalRambles:

Xiaomi Marketer spotted

grin grin

Highlight the flaws in everything i posted.

...If you can.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by chocoboi: 9:47am On May 21, 2021
donbenie:
Breaking your phone is a matter of carelessness..

I have used more than 13 Smartphones and I have never broken any of them..

It is not down to pure luck..

And a good well made phone would hardly spoil unless carelessly handled..

Am on my third Xiaomi device and non of them has packed up on me..

The one I gave out after two years is still as good as new..

Look, bro... you don't judge a book by its cover, you are only talking of yourself,

What about me, I have never experienced such too on my TECNO phone, you don't just look down on something because you don't like it, my phone is still serving me till now, to the extend I don't even wanna buy another different brand but would love to upgrade to the latest Tecno phones.
Re: Why Do Xiaomi Marketers Provide False Information? by edoairways: 11:47am On May 21, 2021
gogeekish:

What I don't is the fact that there are numerous brands to buy from so why the unnecessary bashing?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Help,i Can,nt Check My Mail With My Opera I Can Only Brows Free with it / Changing From Mtn Postpaid To Prepaid / Infinix Hot2 X510 With 16gb+1gb Ram, 2gb Rom - Now Available For N17,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.