Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer (8140 Views)

774,000 Jobs: Keyamo Slams Lawmakers For Demanding More Slots / Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary / Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2021
And you want to give him? are you mad? he is a scammer AKA yahoo boy is playing with you.

2 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2021
scory:
Hello freelancer's earners.

I just got a project from an employer based in UK but his country indicates Netherland on his freelancer profile.

He's requesting for me to pay a refundable of 44£ before giving me the job which is "rewriting a PDF document of 22pages to Microsoft word" at 20$ par page.

I'm suspecting him to be a scammer.

Please, I want to know, are the employees paying security fees before landing their projects on freelancer?

I will like to hear and learn from the experts.
Thank you.
hahahahah scammers

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by ceejayluv(m): 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2021
See New format ooo..

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by alfasexy: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2021
Tell him to first send you 55 pounds as a sign of good faith.

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by BRATISLAVA: 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2021
Is this greed or what?

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by JetStar: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
Freelancer is a great place for fraudsters. The site does little to curb the menace that's why there's proliferation of fraudulent activities.

Another bad side of the platform is that there are a lot of low pay jobs on it. As a tip avoid working for Asians (or anyone with Asian sounding name - even if their profile shows they're from the United States or Europe don't work for them).

When you're offered a job try to know who owns it. If the job is owned by a third party who you cannot communicate with then reject it. Such jobs are not worth your time.

Lastly, before you chose to work for anybody, ask them to create an milestone and fund it first before committing your time to the job. Do not take any test - it is a popular way of scamming an unsuspecting person.

2 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Mrbaz1: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
scory:

I just got a project from an employer based in UK but his country indicates Netherland on his freelancer profile.

He's requesting for me to pay a refundable of 44£ before giving me the job which is "rewriting a PDF document of 22pages to Microsoft word" at 20$ par page.

Please, I want to know, are the employees paying security fees before landing their projects on freelancer?

Thank you.
please I would love to learn about this free lance writing of a thing

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by ibietela2(m): 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
scory:

Thank you.

Which platform? I don't think any platform allows such if the deal is off any platform don't do it

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by superCleanworks(m): 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
cchub:

There are more and worse scammers in India, Russia, Mexico than will ever be in Nigeria but we are not ready for that discussion.

Nobody asked you this. Pls be calming down

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by scory(m): 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
grin
superCleanworks:
Pay the money and get a handshake from queen Elizabeth.

$20 per page and you didn't run away. You seff na wah
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by scory(m): 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thank you.

Promoter2:
It's a scam.

The offer of 20$ per page for rewriting a pdf is insensible by the way.

I can create an amazing CV for you to get that dream job you've always wanted . See my siggy
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by scory(m): 1:27pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thank you for this great insight!!!

JetStar:
Freelancer is a great place for fraudsters. The site does little to curb the menace that's why there's proliferation of fraudulent activities.

Another bad side of the platform is that there are a lot of low pay jobs on it. As a tip avoid working for Asians (or anyone with Asian sounding name - even if their profile shows they're from the United States or Europe don't work for them).

When you're offered a job try to know who owns it. If the job is owned by a third party who you cannot communicate with then reject it. Such jobs are not worth your time.

Lastly, before you chose to work for anybody, ask them to create an milestone and fund it first before committing your time to the job. Do not take any test - it is a popular way of scamming an unsuspecting person.
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by scory(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2021
Don't mind him....he dropped his skrill account.

9jayes:
He dropped account to be credited for you?

Btw, I buy all kinds of freelance funds at a juicy rate. You can also bring your crypto fund, I will buy at your Rate. Check my signature thanks
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by scory(m): 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thank you for this info....

DonX001:
How can you "gawk" yourself like that??
You're even considering it!
No even think am!!

That's the oldest scam in the book, even if the account is verified and as old as Methuselah with 5,000 5 star reviews, no think am at all!
People can build accounts up and then use it to scam people because they've gathered credibility, happens everywhere. They just message a lot of freelancers with the same message, pack plenty money from the gullible ones, and disappear.

If you go dull yourself, your money flies through the window.
Report the account with evidence to the freelancer platform admin.
I'm surprised people still fall for this in this day and time.
Or are even considering falling for it. Imagine!

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Warlord2014(m): 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2021
scory:

Thank you.
run for Ur life... Fraud!!!! The job is too easy for such a lucrative offer... 20 dols per page just to convert words to PDFs. Bro run.

2 Likes

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by GeorgeTheCoder: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
Tell him to f*ck off

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by rossovu: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2021
Una think say na only naija guys dey scam.
I laff
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by stagger: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
scory:

Thank you.

The guy is a bloody scammer.

1 Like

Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by SweetVibe: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2021
Warlord2014:
run for Ur life... Fraud!!!! The job is too easy for such a lucrative offer... 20 dols per page just to convert words to PDFs. Bro run.
Did you even read the topic?
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by nams77: 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
scory:

Thank you.
He is a scammer. Dem dey freelancer
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by seangy4konji: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2021
japaannn
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by Warlord2014(m): 8:37pm On Apr 23, 2021
SweetVibe:
Did you even read the topic? .
no, I sniffed it.
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by qsmusty(m): 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2021
freelancer.comis also website dat is demanding for security payment. please who have work on the platform before
Re: Employer Demanding Security Fee From Me On Freelancer by victons(m): 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2021
9jayes:
He dropped account to be credited for you?

Btw, I buy all kinds of freelance funds at a juicy rate. You can also bring your crypto fund, I will buy at your Rate. Check my signature thanks
You mean, you buy the dollar

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unicef Is Hiring / State Civil Service Recruitment / How Many Months Is The FRSC Camp And Their Renumeration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.