Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising (329 Views)

Learn How To Start Exercising Effectively And Make It A Habit / American Man Asks Why Nigerians Are Not Dying From Corona Virus, See The Replies / Lose 15-30kg Or More Without Exercising With TLC CBD Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by AyinUyo: 11:35am On Apr 23, 2021
WHY NIGERIANS NEED TO START EXERCISING

Nigeria, just as other African countries
is experiencing increased urbanization and changes in population lifestyle. This has increased the incidence of non-communicable diseases, especially cardiovascular diseases.

Cardiovascular diseases are attributed to risk factors such as smoking, saturated fat diet, physical inactivity, excessive alcohol consumption, psychosocial problems and others.

These risk factors are mostly behavioural risks, which account for more than 60% of cardiovascular diseases death globally.

The effects of these risk factors may show up in individuals as risk conditions, namely- hypertension, diabetes, and overweight/obesity.
Most of these conditions can be prevented by living a physically active life and eating clean diets.

W.H.O Recommends
Adults aged 18–64 years
should do at least 150–300 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity.

Adults aged 65 years and above

Same as for adults; and
as part of their weekly physical activity, older adults should do varied multicomponent physical activity that emphasizes functional balance and strength training at moderate or greater intensity, on 3 or more days a week, to enhance functional capacity and to prevent falls.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by bikassava: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2021
wow...... thanks for the info bro, I'll start working out again. I've now gotten so fat and slow.

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by CloneTerminator: 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2021
Each person needs to train and engage in order to maintain their body in good shape.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by GeeMeshin1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
So on point

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by AyinUyo: 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
bikassava:
wow...... thanks for the info bro, I'll start working out again. I've now gotten so fat and slow.

lalaticlala
You're welcome. I'll be starting a 30 fitness challenge from first of May, it gonna be a beginner workout we will then progress with time. Are you up for it??
Re: Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by AyinUyo: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
CloneTerminator:
Each person needs to train and engage in order to maintain their body in good shape.
You're right sir, most of us rarely have time to hit the gym or engage in any form of exercise. That's why I'm starting a 30 minutes fitness challenge so people can follow along daily.
Re: Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by AyinUyo: 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
GeeMeshin1:
So on point
thanks
Re: Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by bikassava: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2021
AyinUyo:

You're welcome. I'll be starting a 30 fitness challenge from first of May, it gonna be a beginner workout we will then progress with time. Are you up for it??
Re: Why Nigerians Need To Start Exercising by bikassava: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2021
AyinUyo:

yeah!!! please mention me when you begin.

(1) (Reply)

Abnormal Night Urination In Females Needs Attention / Former White House Adviser Says Dangerous Coronavirus Variant Is 'like Covid On / 8 Health Benefits Of Maize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.