Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

How Do Scientists Solve Protein Folding Problems Using An Online Game? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Do Scientists Solve Protein Folding Problems Using An Online Game? (251 Views)

Who Can Solve This Million Naira Question? (Pictures) / Good Online Game Recommendations / Please Guy Is Injustice 2 An Online Game Or Offline Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do Scientists Solve Protein Folding Problems Using An Online Game? by Deldorido: 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2021
There is an online puzzle game Foldit, where the player's task is to optimally fold the protein, that is, to fold the polypeptide chain into a spatial structure. Players perform tasks not only for scoring points — the best options are analyzed by biologists and often become the solution to real scientific problems. For example, in 2011, thanks to the project, it was possible to decipher the structure of the virus that causes AIDS in monkeys in 10 days, although scientists could not do this for 15 years.
Re: How Do Scientists Solve Protein Folding Problems Using An Online Game? by meobizy(f): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
You know how scientists are able to test new aerodynamic car designs using simulated wind tunnels? Yes, I bet it works the same way. When the tried and tested formula brings very close real life results, it will become the standard. I can imagine the elimination of several types of cancers and hopefully HIV/AIDS far into the future using this method.
Re: How Do Scientists Solve Protein Folding Problems Using An Online Game? by RoOrek: 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2021
Online games began to attract our attention from the very beginning of their existence. So some use them for science and some for entertainment. I chose the second option and I don't regret it. I play an online shooter game called counter strike. Surely many people have heard that there you can decorate your weapons thanks to the drop from the cases. That's why I use the csgo case opening website https://betmyskins.com/review/csgopoints/ to get cases with a high chance of a rare drop. I already have a large collection of rare items for counter strike. And I'm not going to stop there. I will continue to try my luck.

(1) (Reply)

Best Motherboards For I9 9900K / �PS4 SLIM �500g With Six Games �150K / Ps3 Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.