Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. (606 Views)

Second Wave: Travels, School Reopening Caused COVID-19 Surge – PTF / Level Of Compliance On Social Distancing In Delta Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / BREAKING: COVID-19: A Chinese Man Vomiting By The Roadside At Ebonyi Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. by Gift52(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2021
Source:
https://www.instagram.com/p/COA58b6DRcV/?igshid=1r76y3sa4id5

Nonstop mass cremations going on in India amid record-breaking COVID-19 surge.

People losing their loved ones to COVID-19 disease are now turning to makeshift facilities that are undertaking mass burials and cremations amid a record-breaking Coronavirus surge in India.

Watch video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LuIlmg9Xe8

Kindly Click here to subscribe to our channel

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Cc

India added a record of 3,32,730 new coronavirus cases in a span of 24 hours, taking the country's infection tally to 1,62,63,695.

In drone footage and photos shared online, countless bodies are seen burning at a ground that has been converted into a crematorium for mass cremation of coronavirus victims.

Jitender Singh Shunty who runs a non-profit medical service, the Shaheed Bhagat Singh Sewa Dal, said as of Thursday afternoon 60 bodies had been cremated at the makeshift facility in the parking lot .

"No-one in Delhi would have ever witnessed such a scene," said Mr Shunty with tears in his eyes.

"Children who were five years old, 15 years old, 25 years old are being cremated. Newlyweds are being cremated. It's difficult to watch."

Delhi resident Nitish Kumar was forced to keep his dead mother’s body at home for nearly two days while he searched for space in the city’s crematoriums

On Thursday Kumar cremated his mother, who died of COVID-19, in a makeshift, mass cremation facility in a parking lot adjoining a crematorium in Seemapuri in northeast Delhi.

"I ran pillar to post but every crematorium had some reason ... one said it had run out of wood," said Kumar, wearing a mask and squinting his eyes that were stinging from the smoke blowing from the burning pyres.

�: ABC News

Re: Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. by Mutemenot(m): 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2021
shocked
Re: Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. by Ammishaddai: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2021
In such situations there is nothing to say because the living in this case, are no better than the dead
Re: Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
Current or old news?
Re: Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. by helinues: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2021
Na wah oo
Re: Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. by Vaughanlanrewaj: 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2021
Gift52:
Source:
https://www.instagram.com/p/COA58b6DRcV/?igshid=1r76y3sa4id5

Nonstop mass cremations going on in India amid record-breaking COVID-19 surge.

People losing their loved ones to COVID-19 disease are now turning to makeshift facilities that are undertaking mass burials and cremations amid a record-breaking Coronavirus surge in India.

Watch video here

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Cc

India added a record of 3,32,730 new coronavirus cases in a span of 24 hours, taking the country's infection tally to 1,62,63,695.

In drone footage and photos shared online, countless bodies are seen burning at a ground that has been converted into a crematorium for mass cremation of coronavirus victims.

Jitender Singh Shunty who runs a non-profit medical service, the Shaheed Bhagat Singh Sewa Dal, said as of Thursday afternoon 60 bodies had been cremated at the makeshift facility in the parking lot .

"No-one in Delhi would have ever witnessed such a scene," said Mr Shunty with tears in his eyes.

"Children who were five years old, 15 years old, 25 years old are being cremated. Newlyweds are being cremated. It's difficult to watch."

Delhi resident Nitish Kumar was forced to keep his dead mother’s body at home for nearly two days while he searched for space in the city’s crematoriums

On Thursday Kumar cremated his mother, who died of COVID-19, in a makeshift, mass cremation facility in a parking lot adjoining a crematorium in Seemapuri in northeast Delhi.

"I ran pillar to post but every crematorium had some reason ... one said it had run out of wood," said Kumar, wearing a mask and squinting his eyes that were stinging from the smoke blowing from the burning pyres.

�: ABC News

I watched the video of Indians having the festival rites in that special river and the massive crowd with no social distancing really grieved my heart that day and I sincerely wished there will be no spike in covid-19 in India. They should have suspended the festival the way the Chinese did with their lunar year festival.
Unfortunately, the worst appeared to be happening to India right now and I have a few Indians here in Nigeria who are seriously worried and distracted by this rising death from covid-19 in India.
It is really sad. Please pray for India. It's really very sad. God please heal India, the land of Mother Theresa . Incidentally, India was our biggest trading partner in 2020 and we need each other. God bless Nigeria too.
Re: Nonstop Mass Cremations Going On In India Amid Record-breaking COVID-19 Surge. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2021
This is a real coronavirus deaths not the ones being announced by NCDC.Now I am hearing that funds donated by foreign governments to fight coronavirus in Nigeria are growing wings.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Growing Seriously Bald, Please Help Me / Help: I Need Natural Way To Increase My Libido Or Sexual Urge / Top 5 Nigerian Foods That Can Make You Lose Weight Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.