Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:21 PM

Laughable: How Black People React To Suffering And Injustice. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Laughable: How Black People React To Suffering And Injustice. (224 Views)

Rochas Okorocha Speaks On Edo Election Outcome And Injustice In APC / White People React As Buhari Says He Is Not Cloned In Poland (photos / What's The Biggest Scam In Nigeria? People React(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Laughable: How Black People React To Suffering And Injustice. by BENARI: 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2021
Everyday, we are bombarded with countless news of killings, kidnappings, rapes, nepotism, corruption, injustices, etc, perpetuated by all manner of groups and peoples, government, and government official.
However, what is most puzzling is our reactions to this news. Often it is mere condemnation, rip to the lost, God help us, what is happening in this country o, things are getting out of hand o, God punish them and the likes; that's all! We simply move to the next news item until another news breaks, and then we repeat the circle, day in day out, year after year, decade after decade, all the while simply hoping the issues will fix themselves, but it only gets worse.

One wonders how any of the above reactions does anything at all to improve the situation. I've often asked myself if the way we react to bad news even if we are not personally affected was somewhat similar to how people in say caucasian nations react; if things would be different. It seems we've somehow gotten used to suffering as long as it's the other person who is the victim. I could say more, but we must wake up as a people and act, and I mean real action. It seems cowardice is a black thing. We must begin to change it. Fela said it about us decades ago, but it seems worse today. To make matters worse, when anyone or group rises to demand change, and that demand inconveniences us even a little, we are quick to condemn them even though they are fighting for our betterment.

Change cannot come without inconveniences and discomfort, loss and even blood. There's a price for any meaningful change. And if you cannot actively participate in effecting change, at least be willing to bear the often temporary cost, and or stop pulling down those bold enough to actively effect change.

Most of the activists we insult here everyday are comfortable enough to ignore the problems they are fighting to fix.

I'll not be surprised if some leave the message I'm passing here and begin to attack me. If you're tempted to do so, then you're part of reason I've put this out.
Re: Laughable: How Black People React To Suffering And Injustice. by Sirkingsnado: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2021
We blacks ar dump we act where we shouldnt and calm wen we shouldnt thats nwoke oji 4 u

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Again, FG Govt Plans To Jerk Up Electricity Tariff Amidst Poor Supply / Edusoko Varsity Will SolveĀ  Challenges Of Admission In The State- GovernorĀ  Sani / Insecurity: The Most Amusing Thing About Nigeria. Guess.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.