Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? (1434 Views)

Hon. Ben Nwankwo Recognized As Honorary Citizen Of Awka Ancient Kingdom / What Are You Doing As A Citizen To Help Nigeria? / What Is The Benefit Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by greencard: 9:03am On Apr 24, 2021
Abeg what does one stand to gain in being a citizen of Nigeria?

Either

1-from the government
2- from the international community
3-from one's self
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2021
1. A chance to be victimised, humiliated and britalyzed by government forces and their foot soldiers, bandits.

2. A chance to be treated as scum of the earth, a less than human and a citizen of the most failed country on earth

3. Harassment, Hunger and starvation.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Mixedfruit: 9:05am On Apr 24, 2021
6 killed in Ekiti on April 20th.
40 kidnapped at Greenfield University, Kaduna on April 21st.
18 kidnapped in Oyo on April 22nd.
45 killed in Zamfara on April 22nd.
83 killed in Zamfara on April 23rd.
3 killed from Greenfield University, Kaduna on April 24th.
All in a week!

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Muna4real(f): 9:05am On Apr 24, 2021
Nothing
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Anigreat: 9:05am On Apr 24, 2021
shocked

The benefits is as follows

-Poverty

-unemployment

-Get kill by bandits or boko haram anytime any moment

-Having terrorist as leaders

-You have surrender your ancestral land to the Fulani herdsmen or get killed

-Having thieves and crooks as leaders

The benefits list is endless oo, i can continue till tomorrow, but let me stop here.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Jostoman: 9:06am On Apr 24, 2021
For now, Nothing.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 9:09am On Apr 24, 2021
Mixedfruit:
6 killed in Ekiti on April 20th.

40 kidnapped at Greenfield University, Kaduna on April 21st.

18 kidnapped in Oyo on April 22nd.

45 killed in Zamfara on April 22nd.

83 killed in Zamfara on April 23rd.

3 killed from Greenfield University, Kaduna on April 24th.

All in a week!

Is the week ended? Wait for today's bad news before concluding!
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by donbachi(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2021
Citizenship.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Queenlovely(f): 9:23am On Apr 24, 2021
you have access to the biggest market in Africa

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:28am On Apr 24, 2021
Queenlovely:
Market of poverty stricken folks.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 9:31am On Apr 24, 2021
Queenlovely:

As well as having access to the most depraved terrorists coming in from the Sahel region of Africa.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Queenlovely(f): 9:33am On Apr 24, 2021
vanbonattel:

As well as having access to the most depraved terrorists coming in from the Sahel region of Africa.

must the glass always be half empty for you.

see the positive.

for every disadvantage there is an advantage. even death has advantage
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 9:37am On Apr 24, 2021
Queenlovely:

must the glass always be half empty for you.

see the positive.

for every disadvantage there is an advantage. even death has advantage

There's nothing in the glass right now. Wise people knows when the game is ended. Nigeria will never be better, the only things that might increase in Nigeria is body counts. Learn to know when the game is over.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Powersurge: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2021
greencard:
Abeg what does one stand to gain in being a citizen of Nigeria?

Either

1-from the government
2- from the international community
3-from one's self

1. From govt : I would have said education. But when I remembered the "quality " of education I received in Nigerian university (one of the so-called first class university for that matter. I wonder the quality of education those that attends those "other" universities would get), I can't place that as a top benefit.

There is no succession. I wonder how old was my dad when Buhari became head of state-I know my age now and guess who is the president? Govt will be placing age restrictions on employment while ASUU could have knocked down like 3 years from your age. That's if JAMB speared you.

International community:
Being a Nigerian is like a disease outside this geography. If you chat with foreigner with your Nigerian identity, you will be blocked. If you carry the green passport the chance of you being deported or dehumanized becomes exponential.

Yourself: It is hard. Very hard for anyone to make success of himself while still under the umbrella of this geography. For everyone who realised their potential here, there are 10s who cannot. There is no much u can become in a country where a cleaner somewhere else earns more than a professor here. You start your own thing and it would take just one idiot in power to wipe it off with stupid policy.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by yanabasee1(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2021
Dear God.... please reveal to me the angel that you handed my soul to...That angel that directed my soul to Nigeria.... Please, reveal that angel to me...And also send him on an errand to Nigeria and allow me to meet up with him for just one minute and see whether you as God will recognize him again....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 11:25am On Apr 24, 2021
Queenlovely:

Same market is populated with the highest number of poor people in the world and second highest unemployment rate globally.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Queenlovely(f): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2021
Gerrard59:

Same market is populated with the highest number of poor people in the world and second highest unemployment rate globally.

in this same market, dangote became a billionaire

this market made adenuga a billionaire
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 11:30am On Apr 24, 2021
Queenlovely:

in this same market, dangote became a billionaire

this market made adenuga a billionaire

Crony billionaires esp that of Dangote.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by redsun(m): 11:47am On Apr 24, 2021
The benefit is that you have a blank canvass to establish your vison if can keep yourself alive to achieve your goals. It is a primitive country that needs structuring and shaping.
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by helinues: 11:48am On Apr 24, 2021
I think street wise...
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Charmingrascal(m): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2021
The benefits I know of are the fact that you learn to adapt to harsh condition and you have the freedom of urinating anywhere.

Nothing else

Maybe that BBQ guy will say something about it
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by TotoGame(m): 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
Free toto
our girls are so generous in giving Out their kitten
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by greencard: 2:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
yanabasee1:
Dear God.... please reveal to me the angel that you handed my soul to...That angel that directed my soul to Nigeria.... Please, reveal that angel to me...And also send him on an errand to Nigeria and allow me to meet up with him for just one minute and see whether you as God will recognize him again....
grin

Wouldn't u rather have HIM(God) change your status than beat up an innocent Angel?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by verygoodbadboi: 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2021
Only God knows
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by greencard: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
What are the benefits of being a Nigerian? undecided
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by Caramia2020(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
[/color]
Yes, d adaptation n accommodation spirit n many more. Most Nigerians are full of faith no matter d situation.[color=#550000]

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Being A Citizen Of Nigeria? by greencard: 12:32am On Oct 20, 2021
helinues:
I think street wise...
grin

Just saw this , so yourself follow know say things spoil na street people deh try survive

(1) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home: “Stop Disparaging Our Legal Team" - Bar Ejiofor Warns IPOB Members / Ban On Beef Stands In South-east Because Herdsmen Have Sex With Cows – IPOB Repl / Whether The Oil Well Is In Rivers Or Imo, It Is Still Igboland And We Dont Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.