Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,610 members, 7,827,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

A MUST Read To New And Prospective NYSC Corp Members - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A MUST Read To New And Prospective NYSC Corp Members (381 Views)

Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch C Corps Members Thread / Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch B Corps Members Thread / Prospective NYSC 2018 BATCH A 'stream 2' Corps Members. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A MUST Read To New And Prospective NYSC Corp Members by geoffreyobi92: 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2021
This may not seem like a good news. In fact, this may seem like "a fools post" to many.

I made the above statement, bearing in mind that, at least, I was once in that shoes and I acted "irrational and unwise" while I was carried away with the euphoria of "NYSC is your Last Flex" (a widely held view of many Nigerian youth). Contrary to this obviously held view, NYSC is the ONLY and LAST Chance you have to step into your dream life! A one year of “working it out” rather than “balling hard”; a one year of “protecting and projecting your life into your destiny” rather than projecting your “swag and intelligence into vanity”. I guess I am beginning to sound religious, (lol), I do not intend to!… I am only drawing a lesson from my life and sharing it for those who care to listen. NYSC is a one year of PREPARATION. If you prepare well enough, the future will welcome you with both hands, if you do not, reality will hit you so hard with its pill of “unfairness”.

Advice Proper to The Different Categories of Corp Members:

- For talented corp members, spend time to develop a talent to a point where you can exchange it for value. I mean something you are very good at, not just something you like doing.
- For super intelligent personalities, develop yourselves by acquiring RELEVANT soft skills that would give you an edge over other competitors! (How do you get the finance? LOL…. People did this when Alawee was 7k so with over 30k, you can!)
- For average corp members who probably graduated with a second class lower or third class, start applying for jobs. In fact I’ll advice you make job and scholarship sites your next oxygen. In fact, if you are an average student and you are lazy, there’s still hope, I’ll recommend you register with www.scojohunt.com and submit your credentials for the automated web app to do the job and/or scholarship hunting on your behalf while you relax and bite some “FLEX” (Lol)
-For female corp members, shine your eyes! There are a lot of husband materials on camp down till your PPA. However, most ladies end up sleeping with their potential husband thereby limiting their chances of getting properly hooked for life. (LOL, I don’t want to sound religious. At least, I witnessed a situation that made me add this to the advice)
- For female corp members that will find themselves in states and local government areas that I choose to call “Flash Zones” e.g. Porthacourt, Warri (I served here), Edo, Asaba, Anambra, Calabar, Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Abuja, please don’t lose yourself in the unending temptations of “Flash Zones”, many have lost their sanity, peace, dignity, lives, in the name of “Chilling”, “Flexing” while many have gained a lot from persevering and placing limitations to their temporary happiness.
- For exceptionally cute male and beautiful female corp members, use your faces to attract your destiny helpers not the other way round. To achieve this, there are few rules; don’t sleep around, don’t be found wanting; don’t be labeled in the eyes of many but make friends attend occasions (bearing in mind that people are watching).
- For all other corp members who are not sure of what they want, I want to also advice them to join the train of job seeker. For this, I recommend this website,

www.scojohunt.com

perhaps, no one knows where one's dream job or scholarship is destined to come from!

Meanwhile, have fun and be happy but do so bearing in mind that fun alone is not the only way to go! I wish you all the very best of LUCK

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Collect My Nysc Certificate / Youth Corp Members, A Ready Army That Can Lead Advocacy Against Drug Abuse - You / Bitcoin Crash: How To Legally And Easily Make Money In The Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.