Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC (6112 Views)

Nasarawa Police Arrest Fake Corps Member In NYSC Camp / 10 Signs Your Village People Followed You To NYSC Camp - Meme Collection / New Corper Travelling To NYSC Camp Involved In Accident In Lokoja(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by Officialhorlah(m): 7:54pm On Apr 24, 2021
The Nasarawa State Government has reiterated its support for the National Youth Service Corp NYSC scheme in its quest to boost the Federal Government’s agenda on the diversification of economy in Nigeria.

The Deputy Governor of the State, Dr Emmanuel Akabe, stated this during the inauguration ceremony for the 16 hectares of farmland donated by the Andoma of Doma Kingdom in Nasarawa State, north- central Nigeria.

He said that the State government will also improve agricultural practice, food production and self-sufficiency.

Self development and empowerment

The Deputy Governor appealed to Corps Members to embrace all opportunities of the agribusiness value chain for their empowerment, saying that the NYSC Scheme has keyed into Federal Government’s agenda of diversification of the economy and would continue to leverage on the potentials of Corps Members for improved productivity.

“I want to urge Corps Members to key into this opportunity for self development. Recently, Borno State trained 66 Corps Members as soil doctors and extension service workers with a view to boosting agricultural production”, he said.

He commended the Director-General for redesigning the future of Nigerian youths with a new beginning for self empowerment and therefore appealed for more stakeholders’ support for the Scheme in order to attain its laudable goals for the Nigerian youths.

Peaceful co-existence
The Andoma of Doma Kingdom, Dr Ahmadu Aliyu Oga Onawo, appealed for peaceful co-existence among Nigerians, saying that the strength of a nation lies in its unity and no tribe can exist independently on its own.

He preached equality of all Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion, adding that there was need to give priority attention to national unity and integration.

“There is no alternative to an indivisible Nigeria; we are better together. Let us save ourselves and make Nigeria a peaceful country for the future of our unborn generation”, he said.

The Vice Chairman Federal House Committee on Youth and Sports, Honourable Abdulmumini Ari applauded General Shuaibu Ibrahim for his exemplary leadership style since assuming duty as NYSC Director-General.

Also, the Managing Director, Lower Benue River Basin Authority, Engr Mohammed Adra in his goodwill message called on the NYSC to embrace irrigation farming.

The NYSC Director-General, Brigadier General Shuaibu Ibrahim stated that the NYSC Scheme would continue to train Corps Members who are interested in farming using its farms across the country

https://von.gov.ng/2021/04/24/nasarawa-state-donates-16-hectare-farmland-to-nysc/

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by bhella10: 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2021
Farmland for wetin? Herders and bandits hideout like every other farmlands up North. Thanks but NO. Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by sonnie10: 5:43am On Apr 25, 2021
Is that what they learned at school?

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by morikee: 5:43am On Apr 25, 2021
Nice gesture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by ayodaisi: 5:43am On Apr 25, 2021
Farmland for slaughter?

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by TimmyTen(m): 5:46am On Apr 25, 2021
Bandits over to you.....Since our failed leaders are more concerned with looting ,silencing the masses through the evil social media regulation bill than face the problems bedeviling the nation.

I shame for this corn tree.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by OfficialGaGa(m): 5:46am On Apr 25, 2021
to kill them.... and bury them in it?

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by Sunnybay7: 5:46am On Apr 25, 2021
Insecure farmland ravaged by boko and kidnappers.

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by inoki247: 5:47am On Apr 25, 2021
Enjoying your farming after 4 years going to schl surviving strike...

Las Las na Bandit dem go serve cos the Govt of the land sef na terrorist.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by Lisakran: 5:48am On Apr 25, 2021
Target practice for bandits, run for your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by kitken: 5:48am On Apr 25, 2021
Yeye! �
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by micoo(m): 5:49am On Apr 25, 2021
Hmmm. What s shame,? When there is Fulani herdsmen invasion of farmland. Is their security guaranteed if they start farming?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by tillaman(m): 5:49am On Apr 25, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by PCG001: 5:50am On Apr 25, 2021
мaĸɛ ʝaҡʊ ʝaҡʊ нelp мe ĸιll all oғ υѕ ғor тнιѕ coυnтry
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by Duru9(m): 5:50am On Apr 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:52am On Apr 25, 2021
Lol they want those without PPA to be farming for the state lol.

Because I'm sure even those who studied Agric will want to work in office

Anyway it's a welcome development.
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by owprint: 5:54am On Apr 25, 2021
Land for what?
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by hakeem4(m): 5:56am On Apr 25, 2021
owprint:
Land for what?
for corpers to farm
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by thundafire: 6:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Corpers get set to be posted to farms
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by 9jayes: 6:00am On Apr 25, 2021
When the harvest is ready they will cows there to graze

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by zinaunreal(m): 6:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Government donating to government how useless
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by southsouthking(m): 6:00am On Apr 25, 2021
Me as a corper dem go come post me commot for My state go serve for any Northern of Middle bet state in Nigeria, then i go come go into farming for there because i see free Land, i first ment, Abi i wan ment?
Na me all those Bandits and herdsmen wan use shine for inside Bush?
Make him dash him sons and daughters, they need it more than those coopers.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by Alejobs: 6:03am On Apr 25, 2021
sad
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by JohnieWalker12(m): 6:05am On Apr 25, 2021
NYSC should be scrapped ASAP and the funds distributed to the graduates for them to start up as an entrepreneurs.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by Promoter2: 6:05am On Apr 25, 2021
Well, good one for NYSC.

Not what the Country needs now if you ask me.
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by Amina2019: 6:13am On Apr 25, 2021
Am willing to donate liver with 5m compensation.
BG AA
GT A

buzz me here if interested
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by Focusmind: 6:18am On Apr 25, 2021
Land plenty for North. We haven't utilised this precious resources well in Nigeria because of insecurity. Imagine what a South African white farmer or a Dutch farmer could do with 16 hectares of land.
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by olusledge: 6:21am On Apr 25, 2021
Na trap o shocked ..na ransom money dem dae find o ..
Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by iampeterben(m): 6:24am On Apr 25, 2021
Cool! Corpers will have to harness the agro industry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa State Donates 16-Hectare Farmland To NYSC by lanrecsaboy: 6:25am On Apr 25, 2021
All of you should go back to farming o grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nysc 2011 Batch C Timetable Is Out / Abuja Camp In Pictures / Nysc B15 Date Of Birth Palava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.