Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Must Born Again Christians Remember The Date They Got Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must Born Again Christians Remember The Date They Got Born Again? (397 Views)

Do Born Again Christians Need Deliverance? / Why Some Are Scared of Becoming Born Again Christians Or Going To Heaven / How I Got Born Again(salvation Experiences) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Born Again Christians Remember The Date They Got Born Again? by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 25, 2021
Have you not heard people saying that when you get born again, you must or should know the actual date of your salvation, and if someone says he or she doesn't know the exact date, it looks like the person lied.. It is vital to know the date of your being born again, but remembering the date of your being born again is not as essential as having a renewed life that is in Christ. One thing I can tell you is that every born again must know the day he or she got born again, but may not know the exact date.

I tell you, those illiterate people that got born again in the villages or those village people you won through evangelistic work; can they remember the exact date of their salvation? While it is very vital to know the date of your salvation, it is not Biblically established that you must know the date of your being saved as a proof your salvation. The greatest proof of your salvation is a solid display of a changed life by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Re: Must Born Again Christians Remember The Date They Got Born Again? by Kobojunkiee: 3:50am On Apr 25, 2021
eloquently:
Have you not heard people saying that when you get born again, you must or should know the actual date of your salvation, and if someone says he or she doesn't know the exact date, it looks like the person lied.. It is vital to know the date of your being born again, but remembering the date of your being born again is not as essential as having a renewed life that is in Christ. One thing I can tell you is that every born again must know the day he or she got born again, but may not know the exact date.

I tell you, those illiterate people that got born again in the villages or those village people you won through evangelistic work; can they remember the exact date of their salvation? While it is very vital to know the date of your salvation, it is not Biblically established that you must know the date of your being saved as a proof your salvation. The greatest proof of your salvation is a solid display of a changed life by the blood of Jesus Christ.
Of what use is this "date" where Jesus Christ is concerned? undecided

Does it somehow mean you will be considered before those who came after you or something? undecided

What good is a date according world standards where the Kingdom of God is concerned? Why do folks waste time on the meaningless when there is so much else that God has commanded and many of you are yet to even begin working on? undecided

If you claim to have been saved 10 or even 25 years but have never in all of that time reached the level that the apostles did in just over 3 years with Jesus Christ, do you have anything to remember that date for or boast of? undecided
Re: Must Born Again Christians Remember The Date They Got Born Again? by WoundedLamb: 5:04am On Apr 25, 2021
I think religion is becoming more systematic than spiritual.
Re: Must Born Again Christians Remember The Date They Got Born Again? by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Apr 29, 2021
WoundedLamb:
I think religion is becoming more systematic than spiritual.
from when do you recall religion ever being "spiritual"? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Construction Commences On The Site Of The 100000 Capacity Ark / Pastor Leke Adeboye Says More About His Brother, Pastor Dare Adeboye. / Bishop TD Jakes Sermons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.