Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Facebook Is Suing Me For This - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Facebook Is Suing Me For This (41335 Views)

Facebook Is Down Lessons To Be Learnt. / Facebook Is Back Up, Someone Confirm / Has Anyone Noticed This Error On Facebook?is There A Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by FBIBOT(m): 1:24pm On May 04, 2021
Thank your stars you are in Nigeria... They can't do shit... Used to get this kind letter from foreign organizations while still blogging... Las Las dem go block your ip and red flag your name... Our court self dey strike unless dem go sponsor free ride to US for you grin

PS: No matter what don't release your source code o that's what Mark is after... They (Facebook) themselves share user data to highest bidder make dem go sit down...
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by SkyFi: 1:24pm On May 04, 2021
Smartixy:
I am a developer, I have Instagram saver which uses sessions to get data and also Facebook story saver on play store. I monetize using Facebook Audience Network, that's where they got my information because I do receive payments with them, they have disabled my Facebook and Instagram plus my FAN accounts with some funds and are threatening to sue me if I don't stop my apps and also give them information about the apps I have created.

I need help on what to do and what kind of action can they take upon me.

Below is the pdf the sent to me.

Mod please move it to the appropriate section

Using people's data without their consent is a big crime. In europe we have the GDPR law that everyone must abide too. You are not allowed to do something simple as taking people's fotos/videos and sharing online without them consenting and other related stuffs linked to collecting data. Ofcourse in Nigeria we dont have such laws or they are not enforced, people randomly record people and just share on their pages for clicks.
Remember few years ago with the " Cambridge Analytica data scandal " facebook was sued and penalized, so expectedly they would have stepped up to stop any form unsolicited data collection. Data scraping is against the law everwhere, and now it is worse when you are using their platform, Just do as they say and stop.
You can consider creating your own social media app or explore decentralized social media.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by credon: 1:31pm On May 04, 2021
Smartixy:
I am a developer, I have Instagram saver which uses sessions to get data and also Facebook story saver on play store. I monetize using Facebook Audience Network, that's where they got my information because I do receive payments with them, they have disabled my Facebook and Instagram plus my FAN accounts with some funds and are threatening to sue me if I don't stop my apps and also give them information about the apps I have created.

Its like some of the things you are doing don't have their permission.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by LMS1(m): 1:41pm On May 04, 2021
Siwisheswereesh:

Na them! grin
Set Ewo grin
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Leonron(m): 1:42pm On May 04, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Relax, how much lawsuit do you think someone worth over $50billion Would sue you for..

It's just a threat
Sometimes big corporations do not sue to get money from you, they sue to cripple and shut you down for providing a service they are not rendering and it is making you big. His error or mistake, is not consulting them before hand to make use of their patent/bla bla bla... They do not want competition. If he finds a way for them to benefit from his programs, I am sure they can find a way to encourage his app.
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by adeniyi65(m): 1:56pm On May 04, 2021
mrsage:
Our courts are locked.

Judicial workers on strike

Mark and all his Harvard trained lawyers will be frustrated in Nigeria. Ordinary court session in Igbosere, no parking space for their cars within the court premises.

Forget it. Mark can not take you to court. One of the benefits of being a Nigerian grin grin
LMAO! cheesy grin cheesy angry cheesy grin you meant that really!? Nah Nollywood you think the case go be like.but to be real like someone had already distinctly clearified it earlier.houndreds of people try what the op did in one way or the other but we never heard Mack taking anyone to court.its just a threat.
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by Bishop(m): 2:15pm On May 04, 2021
Smartixy:

I just want to know what legal action can they take.

Get a Lawyer,you need one fast.
One of the things they can do is to report you and your activities to the Nigerian authority.

Should you think they don't have jurisdiction on you,let me disappoint you,they do.

If you have good money to fight fb then you can ignore them.

My one quid advise
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by elijahkayode(m): 2:21pm On May 04, 2021
omozu1:
Please let us pray for Nigeria
I see calamity looming.
I see blood flowing like river
I see hunger
I see people being killed as if they were not humans
I see evil flood carry people away
I see them take over the land and the powers that be supporting and been on their side.
Please let us pray for the christians in Nigeria.
Ask God to arise and fight for the christians in Nigeria.
Please if you are a true Christian pray don't igore this.

Yoruba Word Warfare Over the Night Authorities

In the Name Of "YAHWEH" THE Eternal GOD
The Most Great
hallowed be thy name, thy KINGDOM come
We YORUBA & IGBO command thy perfect will be done in Nigeria now as it is in the highest heaven

O powers of the Night holding Yoruba in poverty & lack we curse and shoot the arrows of light at thee Tonight

O LORD Thy Word say
“Call upon me in the times of trouble and I will deliver you, and thou shall glorify God therefore

O LORD, we call on thee cause thou always hear our voice; in the midst of darkness we call upon thee and we shall see the Glory of thy Light cause the night Authorities comprehended it not
Weve seen the shaitan and the authorities of night put to public shame & grief by God Word therefore

O LORD we need God Light in Nigeria to protect us cause we Can feel the darkness shaking & trembling in extreme fear, thank you God cause the night is totally helpless against the security forces of yoruba

O SPIRIT Thou art Yoruba sword in every fight cause thy truth will always chase away the night therefore With no delay rescue our kingdom from the forces of night

As we YORUBA keep watch with God over the Night "O Angels of God keep watch with us and bear us on thy Wings

We command light upon the darkness hovering around Yoruba Land in the name of Yeshua
O Lord! We command all agent of darkness fighting against Yoruba Government to receive the Finger of God in the name of Yeshua

O Lord seperate Yoruba from darkness we may have minister with consciously or unknowingly throughout history
O Lord fight all darkness attached to Yoruba prosperity with thy finger therefore
We shoot God arrows upon you devil and your cohorts therefore in this hour bring back all you have stolen from all yoruba tenfold

O Lord help yoruba to do thy Will and destroy all agreements we made knowingly and unknowingly with the kingdom of darkness through ungodly acts & sins
Purify us O LORD from all evil soul connection

All curses, working against Yoruba, be destroyed by the blood of Yeshua.

We shoot the sword of God unto the powers of night and behold our Words are YAHWEH Everlasting Decrees
shaitan the accuser of Yoruba & Igbo and every goodness because thou hast corrupted the works of GOD, on thy belly shall thou be cause thou art cursed above all creature and above every beast of the earth

Therefore We yoruba have Risen to keep watch over this Night authorities cause God is in here and the Light of God has risen over us

O Lord destroy all powers of night working against Yoruba Prosperity in the name of Yahshua
Today Yoruba will walk in Glory and Divine abundance so shaitan take off your satanic hand from treasures & Divine Supplies meant for our Glory

O LORD As we legislate thy will over The Night, Keep us pleased in the name of Yahshua so be it Amen

Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by All4good: 5:14pm On May 04, 2021
Smartixy:
I am a developer, I have Instagram saver which uses sessions to get data and also Facebook story saver on play store. I monetize using Facebook Audience Network,

If you are domiciled within USA and Canada they would most likely sue you in a court especially for trademark infringement which is serious.

But from the tone of their mail they seem incapacitated and more or less pleading with you to back out from their content.

My Advice:
Remove any FB or IG trademark from your app, you don't want that liability it's internationally protected. That is the major stuff they have against you.
As for the data scraping, they can't pursue it as they don't want any media attention regarding data which they are the biggest thief the world knows today.
This is the much I can say based on the details you have provided regarding your app.

Shalom
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by boyjo: 5:23pm On May 04, 2021
Smartixy:

Guy change your ways.
Until police arrive your doorstep.
You dey do crime buy you no wan do time how?
Repent.
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by MrMacinterchi1: 5:58pm On May 04, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

The sentence "Are you as bored as I am?" can be read backwards and still makes sense.

cool
impressive
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by MrMacinterchi1: 5:59pm On May 04, 2021
this sounds serious o
Re: Facebook Is Suing Me For This by maasoap(m): 8:28pm On May 04, 2021
omozu1:
Please let us pray for Nigeria
I see calamity looming.
I see blood flowing like river
I see hunger
I see people being killed as if they were not humans
I see evil flood carry people away
I see them take over the land and the powers that be supporting and been on their side.
Please let us pray for the christians in Nigeria.
Ask God to arise and fight for the christians in Nigeria.

Please if you are a true Christian pray don't igore this.

Lol. I don't know the problem Nigerian Christians are facing that their Muslim counterparts are exempted from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Learning To Program With Java by the Fulaman / Java Vs PHP: Which Has The Brightest Future? / What Are The Best Laptops For Programmers And Hackers?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.