Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Never Date At Your Place Of Work - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Never Date At Your Place Of Work (48943 Views)

A Policewoman Called My Boss To Sack Me At My Place Of Work / Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / Power Mech Staff At Dangote Refinery Complain Of Work Despite Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by SenecaTheYonger: 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

It was early August of 2020 when I got an invitation text to come for an interview in newly established entertainment industry here in the East.

We numbered over 300 who came for the interview and after much screening, 62 staff were selected.

The daily training was intense and interesting too because of the Manager we had, he was so detailed and funny also.

Amongst trainees were beautiful ladies of all shapes and sizes and intelligence.
The first day I saw my girlfriend, I didn't feel anything, she's very young and beautiful and opposing too (one of my likes about women). I realize she's a little opinionated, hence she got my attention.

We were all given appointment letter to our various positions. Mine was what I applied for but my gf didn't get hers, she was rather given something else. She came to me to complain since we are now friends and I told her that maybe the reason why she wasn't given the position she wanted was because she's short (Sarcastically, but I meant it)

She got angry and opposed me (I have a thing for women who oppose actions, especially when they have reasons). I apologized and we got along....... Boom we started dating.

#FASTFOWARD#
The next month, I got promoted to one of the managers, everyone was happy for me.
I have been a senior staff for like 8 months now and I must tell you that it has been a terrible experience.

My girlfriend is choking the hell out of me at work. She's very lukewarm in terms of carrying out her duties, when I confront her to do her work, she will tell me that I'm being too harsh on her. How can you litter your department like this and go home? she will tell me she's tired, I will have to assign someone else to do it, but it's her duty.

This keeps happening all the time, if I shout at her at work (when she gets on my nerves) she won't talk to me again for weeks and she won't greet me at work. If I ask her questions about sales, she won't reply me.

The most recent one was her and her colleagues misbehaving and I queried them, others replied my query, but she didn't. I wanted to let go, but one of the senior staff asked about her own reply to the query. I was forced to surcharge her N5,000 since she didn't reply, that means she's guilty.
After I served her the letter, she got angry and said "all the managers in this company are stupid" she said this to my face. Something she can't say to other managers.

Mehn! I was so furious and I was walking away when she threw her book at me, in front of other junior staff. OMG!...... I just walked away.
She's still keeping malice (her specialty) with me. I am not happy with her either.

I keep avoiding her so as not to get into more of what we are. But the work is suffering because of her dereliction.
Currently, I don't know how to tell her I don't want to be with her again, but I love her.

My advice
Never date at your place of work especially when you are bossing over her!

You skipped the side where you guys fvcked. Damn, what a waste of my time

1 Like

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by PlayMaker14: 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
CoolVoice:
Experience it.. Trust me you won't regret it. She didn't say she want to marry you.. Just flow with her.. Moreover you need a distraction from your Ex.

I would have given it a shot bro, but I know my boss too well, if love catch am, she can go to the extreme.

Just a little conversation with her inside her office, she don dey call me "Tiger"

1 Like

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by brightovio007(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

It was early August of 2020 when I got an invitation text to come for an interview in newly established entertainment industry here in the East.

We numbered over 300 who came for the interview and after much screening, 62 staff were selected.

The daily training was intense and interesting too because of the Manager we had, he was so detailed and funny also.

Amongst trainees were beautiful ladies of all shapes and sizes and intelligence.
The first day I saw my girlfriend, I didn't feel anything, she's very young and beautiful and opposing too (one of my likes about women). I realize she's a little opinionated, hence she got my attention.

We were all given appointment letter to our various positions. Mine was what I applied for but my gf didn't get hers, she was rather given something else. She came to me to complain since we are now friends and I told her that maybe the reason why she wasn't given the position she wanted was because she's short (Sarcastically, but I meant it)

She got angry and opposed me (I have a thing for women who oppose actions, especially when they have reasons). I apologized and we got along....... Boom we started dating.

#FASTFOWARD#
The next month, I got promoted to one of the managers, everyone was happy for me.
I have been a senior staff for like 8 months now and I must tell you that it has been a terrible experience.

My girlfriend is choking the hell out of me at work. She's very lukewarm in terms of carrying out her duties, when I confront her to do her work, she will tell me that I'm being too harsh on her. How can you litter your department like this and go home? she will tell me she's tired, I will have to assign someone else to do it, but it's her duty.

This keeps happening all the time, if I shout at her at work (when she gets on my nerves) she won't talk to me again for weeks and she won't greet me at work. If I ask her questions about sales, she won't reply me.

The most recent one was her and her colleagues misbehaving and I queried them, others replied my query, but she didn't. I wanted to let go, but one of the senior staff asked about her own reply to the query. I was forced to surcharge her N5,000 since she didn't reply, that means she's guilty.
After I served her the letter, she got angry and said "all the managers in this company are stupid" she said this to my face. Something she can't say to other managers.

Mehn! I was so furious and I was walking away when she threw her book at me, in front of other junior staff. OMG!...... I just walked away.
She's still keeping malice (her specialty) with me. I am not happy with her either.

I keep avoiding her so as not to get into more of what we are. But the work is suffering because of her dereliction.
Currently, I don't know how to tell her I don't want to be with her again, but I love her.

My advice

Ask jack bauer(24) to lecture you on organisational ethics.
Please kindly educate her to know the difference between work and romance.

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by dahmie2013: 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
She is not mature.

1 Like

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by alexola20(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
Dem really swear for both of them.
Jimmyubah2:

Did I hear u say you love her?
OMG!!! You are the real reason she is misbehaving. Sorry to tell you this, she will soon implicate you and you will loose your job.
Dem swear for you ni?
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by shugasofttouch: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

#FASTFOWARD#

My advice
Firstly, if she truly loves you, she would do everything within her power to do good by you and at work so you don't suffer any form of set backs. Truly if you don't want to get sacked, then end whatever you have with her.
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Twoclans(f): 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
Theben:
Bro, same thing is happening to me at the moment. I am not dating this lady though, but we had moments that almost led to sex.

She reports directly to me. I knew her to be hardworking and smart, but now she's displays unseriousness in the discharge of her duties. Unlike you, I can not even bring myself to querying her. It is really affecting my job.

I hope you know the job market is almost completely blocked currently in Nigeria.

As a supervisor do not allow anybody even if it is your wife to be unserious at the work place.

How can you allow a fellow colleague put your job in the line all because of a romantic interest.Someone that her likeness for you could be because she knows how much you earn.

4 Likes

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Sezua(m): 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

#FASTFOWARD#

My advice

your office na animal farm
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by GodisFirst: 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
Change job or change your department /section such that she doesn't be your direct report to avoid you losing your job or get the management to put her in another section/ department different from yours.
If you severe the relationship improperly, it may affect her adversely and may affect you too. So be wise and cautious.
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Nemesis08(m): 4:16pm On Apr 25, 2021
She's simply immature. A mature woman will play the game with you and nobody will ever suspect anything, cos she will be the one pushing others to do their jobs not the other way around. When you give instructions she will be the first to carry it out

1 Like

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Jimmyubah2: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
77up:
I swear ,that "I still love her" part really got me angry and even decided not to quote him directly.

He never knew that he's loosing his job already because of that immature fool and he's still loving her mtcheew undecided
So to him they are still in a relationship?
I wonder how some men think aswear.
So in his mind they are still dating?
That girl will sooner or later get him sacked.

2 Likes

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Najdorf: 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
You said you like opposing women na so what's the problem

1 Like

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by SweetCunt97(f): 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

#FASTFOWARD#

My advice
You simply have to sack her. She lacks manners and respect. Not all office romance gives room for disrespect. She has no atom of respect for you. U better kill d yeye love you think u feel.
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by bizhop01: 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
I wish i can sack two of you cool

1 Like

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

#FASTFOWARD#

My advice
Do U Still Need A Prophet To Tell U Dat She Arrogant, Stubborn, Insubordinate, Lazy & Rude? Let Me Be Frank With U, If U Marry Her, U Experience Hell. Yes, Hell. If She Can Disgrace U In D Midst Of Ur Juniour Staffs, She Will Do More When Both Of U Get Married.
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by ECHICHE: 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2021
You are under obligation to perform your duty and produce result as a manager. Because, business and social life must be seperated, don't allow that girl to interfere with your official responsibilities.

Many careless managers have lost their job in the past.
Pls, end that relationship now!
There are 1001 more beautiful girls out there for you to relate with.

I hv spoken

3 Likes

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by AlexanderOkey: 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
There are no rules to life and what doesn’t work for you might work for others.

I have dated at work and it was a very good experience

She was some level ahead of me earning 2-3 times my salary in her late 30’s, unmarried and I was in my late 20’s.

We acted like we didn’t know each other at the office and would meet after work and weekend. Some staff caught us on dates out of work and carried rumors but we didn’t give them any reason to validate their rumors.

I think maturity matters when dating at work. Your GF doesn’t seem to understand that your love love shouldn’t affect your work life. On your part try to avoid being too harsh on her at work. She is bound to react one way or the other.

Secondly don’t date within your department. Although she was ahead of me we weren’t in the same department so she doesn’t really have much business with me at work.

5 Likes

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Najdorf: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
HeavyLIGHT:
You saw this ad earlier but chose to ignore, Yes I mean you. Remember, Action comes about when there is a discrepancy btw what we are experiencing and what we want to experience.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13446932_img20210418173142_jpeg02dbd2725b52143ac689df87f32b7a99
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13446933_img20210418173032_jpegcbfd140b9fccb5b4bd0e665d10f7350d
Na by force?
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Omoluabiii(m): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Thats a gee code. Never date where you work, except you re the owner of the company. It happened to me, and i learn. Work there, call your babe to come from outside to come there, your respect go gallant....
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by frankkydee(m): 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
Irennediva:
Never ever date on Nairaland. E get why shocked

Is the picture the why
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

There's no guy that would tell me this that I wouldn't fall for. I love sarcasm and wit more than anything else in this big big world. If you can tease me well, then you got me!
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by lexander(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

#FASTFOWARD#

My advice
Your experience is the exact reason companies don't employ married couples in the same firm or location
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Oppy2k2: 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
Sammy07:
Some of the things I don't do.
I don't date at my workplace I don't date girls in my church I don't date girls living around my hood.
I don blow your 3 records. May God forgive me sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by FirstbornWds: 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
Theben:
Bro, same thing is happening to me at the moment. I am not dating this lady though, but we had moments that almost led to sex.

She reports directly to me. I knew her to be hardworking and smart, but now she's displays unseriousness in the discharge of her duties. Unlike you, I can not even bring myself to querying her. It is really affecting my job.

You clearly don't love your job. Else, you'll strike a balance
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by EndBuhariNow(m): 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2021
All these children working in micro finance banks ( executive Akawo ) will not allow adults like us to have rest

1 Like

Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by dannielight(m): 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2021
This may sound naive but I'll like to ask.

Have you guys sat down to discuss this?

Well, since you claim to date.

What's her attitude? Adamant or promising? If the former, inform her of your decision to let go of the relationship to save your career since she's let romance becloud her judgment and duty.

Take a firm decision and don't look back.

Good luck.
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Royaldave200(m): 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
Figliomi:
Which I had a girlfriend at work place it would have been nice. Early morning/hide n seek bleeping very sweet till them catch you. grin grin grin

Lol... Till it starts choking you
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by BlackFlamefromP: 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2021
It's an ethical issue if the person you are fucking is a subordinate. It could be interpreted as abuse of power

brownemmanuel43:
Fucking in the office is not an issue, it only requires heart of a lion to do that not heart of a simp
I was in your shoes back then, me wey no send u, come with madness I come with kolomental
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Clinghton: 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2021
She doesn't respect you in the office, the same disrespect would occur at home.

I think the best idea would be to drop her and let her know.
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Kzinne: 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2021
uc4uandc:
NEVER DATE AT WORK PLACE
(A personal experience)

#FASTFOWARD#

My advice
what a joke. You should simply cut your cake off her once or twice and walk away not to keep her as a regular girlfriend. To date a girl that lives close to or in the radius if your vicinity is a problem in itself
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Lama70(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2021
Beautiful thread. The lady in my own case toasted me with style. I didn't give her any green light but I try to shut down the gist whenever she's heading there.
Long story short, na money issues to evoke sympathy I dey always hear.
I dropped some change for a few times and locked up. She no dey greet me again o.
Re: Never Date At Your Place Of Work by Hassanmaye(m): 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Oga, sometimes the way some of you here condone nonsense is appalling

You for ask the op wetin carry him manager priick go that woman lap..

Op,you should be thankful I ain't your friend,if not,I'd have told you exactly the same words I've spilt out online to you face to face and nothing wey you go fit do to me....

Rubbish

Manager my foot

infact, manager kill you there
Haha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 5 Careers That Can Make Your Spouse Cheat On You / Ikechukwu Duke Ashiedu Inducted Into The U.S. Navy (Photos) / Aliyu Giwa: People Look At Me With Disgust When I Queue Up For BRT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.