Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Is This True? What Entrepreneurs Are Doing Wrong. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is This True? What Entrepreneurs Are Doing Wrong. (170 Views)

What Entrepreneurs Need To Know About The Google March 2019 Core Update / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Who Are Doing Nigeria And Africa Proud / Bankers, Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True? What Entrepreneurs Are Doing Wrong. by Observer20: 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2021
Is a freelancer not still in the paycheck to paycheck train?

Am two years into the world of entrepreneurship. People that are referring to entrepreneurship always use the "be your own boss" phrase.
I have also learnt that you need to have at least an high income skill even if you want to start a business, so I learnt a skill.

Now my question is this.
Does being a freelancer not still keep you in the paycheck category.
I mean you are a slave to your boss in a regular job(as they say).
But are freelancers not also dependent on their clients ( especially when it is a skill that is common).
Re: Is This True? What Entrepreneurs Are Doing Wrong. by Observer20: 12:55pm On Apr 25, 2021
What's your take?
Re: Is This True? What Entrepreneurs Are Doing Wrong. by oazeez1991(m): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2021
D situation defer Sir. Every business and Entrepreneurs also depend on clients/customers 2 run and sustain their businesses or services as they (customers/clients) are the life-wire of every establishment, even investment. SUPPLY would be meaningless without DEMAND. Why supply or produce something with zero demand when it's not that one intend using it for personal purpose. As far as d goal is 2 make profit, we will always depend on one another.

The major difference between being an EMPLOYEE and ENTREPRENEUR is CONTROL. D former is been controlled while d later is in control.

As a Freelancer, u are also an Entrepreneur, though u also depend on clients 2 sustain ur hustle, but u av liberty over who and who not 2 work for; when and when not 2 work; where and where not 2 work; when 2 deliver and when not 2. D control in decision making is always there, unlike being an employee where u will always work even when u are not fit 2, there is a level of restrictions over what u really want 2 do and what u are ask 2 do. U live on a NO WORK, NO PAY policy. U work 2 grow others while u remain stagnant or slowly progress.

N.B: I'm open 2 correction as what I wrote up there are purely my opinion, not necessarily 100% true in all cases.
Re: Is This True? What Entrepreneurs Are Doing Wrong. by velvetpat: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
Interesting thread. Most people wanting to venture into Entrepreneurship always believe there are no bosses, but the reverse is the case you will always have bosses(clients, government authorities). Upcoming entrepreneurs need to understand the good and the bad of the entrepreneurship world before thinking of leaving that job. Here's an article that explains in details what you need to know before leaving your job to start up a business https://quest.ng/10-steps-to-take-before-quitting-your-job-to-start-a-business/

(1) (Reply)

Egg Donor On Period Or Not Urgently Needed Both Mainland And / Join The Online Cryptocurrency Business / Nylon Bags And Logos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.