Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card (18042 Views)

19 Northern CAN Now Support Tinubu: Which Way For Religious Card Of Obi / Bombshell: Obi Caught Playing Religious Card, To Be Disqualified By INEC (photo) / 10 Billionaires Eye Anambra 2021 Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by AsomughaChuks05: 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
This post is rubbish. There is no discrimination of any denomination in Anambra politics. Anambra is the most religious tolerant state in the east. A Catholic governor usually goes with an Anglican/Pentecostal deputy in Anambra unlike what obtains in Enugu state for instance where Catholics occupy both governor and deputy governor positions and yet no body is making a fuss about that. Guess Anambra news sell better.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by semyman: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2021
It is the height of sickening ignorance when a group of drug addicts with fetish powers think they are up to the NA, it makes me shudder how IQ value has dropped so drastically in this country, the disgusting part is comparing themselves with ISWAP & Boko haram, most saddening is that some of these deranged sub-humans are supported by many educated folks.

ISWAP & Boko have several advantages no insurgent in the SE has which is Geography.
ISWAP has freedom to operate in 4 countries, having space is the best leverage every adversary needs to prolong a war. As you move about in your space, you avoid your adversary, you gain access to supplies, you enjoy ambush & several hit & run tactics, SE hasn't that Luxury & Ojukwu realized it very late, Ojukwu actually thought he could do more with Niger delta corridor but Alas reality dawned on him too late.

Nigeria wont fight these drug addicts with more than 2 battalions, the reason is very simple. SE is too small a space, NA TRADOC hasn't changed much from the last civil war so I expect the return of the "Choke" tactics. So the noise about opening another war front is mere idle talk. With advanced surveillance & aerial rapid response, they can achieve it with less.

Cut off Ebonyi/Kogi corridor, Abia/Akwaibom corridor, Imo/rivers corridor and choke everything inside, the civilian population will be so uncomfortable till they give up these guys, as months pass by, these blockade will keep collapsing to a point where these guys will be denied every freedom of movement, once you cant move freely, get resupplied, the battle is over.

Besides, unlike ISWAP and BHT that foughtNigeriaMilitary with outdated equipments, ESN will be starting an insurgency when Nigeria is getting its first supersonic 4th Generation fighter jets...JF-17 and the all utility Super Tucanos.

One thing is guaranteed, there will be so many collateral damage so those clapping for them should be ready, all is fair in Love & war, nobody is truly innocent.
U C

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2021
Resurrection212:
This is why I against ipob terrorist claiming for independence the truths is that we igbo can't staying together we are so divided along religious and ethnicity.
please if this is a joke it’s not funny.
Will you use because you and your brother argue to say someone else is more brotherly?
Even some non catholics have Catholic background and don’t care about the denomination of a good leader. The person fanning this flame of division is doing it for personal gain
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2021
donbenie:
Where did you get your statistics from?

7 out of 10 Anambrarians are Catholics?

Lies..
Oga have you ever been to any of Anambra,Imo or Enugu states? The percentage is even more than 70%,I am only been conservative by saying 70%

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by chicent2k3(m): 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
Penguin2:
My anger is that the Catholic Church is very docile in Nigeria.

They should not only be flexing muscle in Anambra.

Nigeria should be their playground. But it seems we have cowards for Bishops in Nigeria.

In Congo, the Catholic Church is a dangerous and feared bloc.

A Catholic priest is the current president of São Tomé and Precipe.

But The Catholic Church in Nigeria is so cowardly for my liking.

Only when bishop Mathew Kukah issues a statement they will queue behind him.

Christians are going extinct in the North yet they have not spoken up.

I hate cowards.

Stop giving false information. A Catholic priest is not their president.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by donbenie(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

Oga have you ever been to any of Anambra,Imo or Enugu states? The percentage is even more than 70%,I am only been conservative by saying 70%
Am Anambra born and breed and I can tell you for free you are wrong..

Maybe Enugu or Imo but certainly not Anambra..

Most of the Catholics are not even Anambra indigenes..

Mostly people from Enugu and Ebonyi..
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by AsomughaChuks05: 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
athaboi:
Always Catholics.. A trend in Enugu, Anambra and Imo! But the truth is that Catholics are the majority. Even the favorite soludo is a catholic..Ifeanyi Uba catholic...most of them na catholic

I doubt Ifeanyi Ubah is a Catholic. A real Catholic will not destroy and leave the Nnewi Catholic cathedral desolate for over 15 years like he has done. A man who owes his workers and players many months of unpaid salaries. He can't be trusted in words or deed.
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by collele(m): 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
donbenie:

Anambra is at least 70% Catholics... Don't even argue that....Go to your own village if truly you're from Anambra, count the number of Catholic churches there and tell me the number of other denominations you can find...Then factor in church size and population of worshippers knowing that the average Catholic church in the East has at least 3 Masses per Sunday....

4 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by Myer(m): 10:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
afroniger:
Even in spite of the monopoly of Christianity in the state, people still find a way to divide themselves along denominational lines. Religion is so divisive.

Jewish God says there's no other God beside Yahweh which is why Jesus declaring himself as God or Son of God was the deal breaker.

Muslim God says unless you believe Muhammed, you're a pagan

Christian God says unless you accept Jesus as your Lord, you're a pagan.

Worse still, within Christianity, the division can only be measured according to the myriads of denominations that believe if you're not of their denomination, you're not a true Christian. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by donbenie(m): 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
collele:

Anambra is at least 70% Catholics... Don't even argue that....Go to your own village if truly you're from Anambra, count the number of Catholic churches there and tell me the number of other denominations you can find...Then factor in church size and population of worshippers knowing that the average Catholic church in the East has at least 3 Masses per Sunday....
You do know that there are mushroom Pentecostal churches at every nooks and cranny of the state?

That the Catholic Church has the majority of members is not debatable..

That they constitute 70% of the population of Anambra..

Well,that is a big lie..

And I don't need to go back to my village to know that..

I grew up in my village..
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by iLiquidator: 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
afroniger:
Even in spite of the monopoly of Christianity in the state, people still find a way to divide themselves along denominational lines. Religion is so divisive.
Divide and conquer

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by gnykelly(m): 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

About 7 out of 10 people in the states mentioned are catholics,catholicism does not play any major role in the elections,it just happens that majority of the contestants are catholics

You don't know politics. The catholic bloc is a political institution.

They are very active in political election in SE
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by charlesucheh(m): 10:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
I posted one time like that on a thread and will still do this time; OUR RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS ARE ONE OF THE MAJOR PROBLEM OF THIS CORNTREE.
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by nemynely(m): 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
They know where the "mumu button" of the masses are.
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
donbenie:

Oga stop talking rubbish!! Some towns in Anambra are almost 100% catholic

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
donbenie:
You do know that there are mushroom Pentecostal churches at every nooks and cranny of the state?

That the Catholic Church has the majority of members is not debatable..

That they constitute 70% of the population of Anambra..

Well,that is a big lie..

And I don't need to go back to my village to know that..

I grew up in my village..
Pentecostalism is barely existent in Anambra,the second major church in Anambra is the Anglican Church

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by athaboi(f): 10:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:

I doubt Ifeanyi Ubah is a Catholic. A real Catholic will not destroy and leave the Nnewi Catholic cathedral desolate for over 15 years like he has done. A man who owes his workers and players many months of unpaid salaries. He can't be trusted in words or deed.
Oga he's a catholic..na you know any other propaganda wey you dey yan
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by bpalace(m): 11:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

About 7 out of 10 people in the states mentioned are catholics,catholicism does not play any major role in the elections,it just happens that majority of the contestants are catholics
70% of Enugu anambra population are not Catholics... Not even upto 50%
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by DonMekino(m): 11:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
Resurrection212:
This is why I against ipob terrorist claiming for independence the truths is that we igbo can't staying together we are so divided along religious and ethnicity.
just because of this? are you a learner?
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by elotajohn1(m): 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

I was denied a job in One of the Anambra State Ministries because I am an Anglican....
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by MoIbrahim: 11:43pm On Apr 25, 2021
Later now, some dundees will be acting as if the only religious division is Christian vs Muslim.

Una go talk true cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by Tryon4(m): 11:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
Can you imagine! Meaning that if they eventually get Biafra, nepostism and sentimental politics will be the order of the day....may God heal our Land
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by AlexJustin(m): 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2021
Tinubu newspaper with their decisive lies again.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by thinkmoney(m): 12:22am On Apr 26, 2021
afroniger:
This is one reason why I dont support the clamour for separation in Nigeria. There will always be divisions inside any grouping. The important thing is to find a way to live and flourish with it

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by nick50(m): 1:40am On Apr 26, 2021
Catholics constitute a whooping 70% of anambra population ,take the Anambra south senatorial zone for example I am very sure there is no religious leader in the zone that is more powerful than his lordship bishop Hilary odili okeke the Catholic bishop of nnewi, of course we all know the story of the South Africa based business man (alloysius ikegwuonu) the one that built a Catholic Church in ozubulu.. then in the anambra north there is no religious institution or leader that is more powerful than the Catholic bishop of Awka same with the archbishop of onitsha (bishop Valerie okeke) ..not forgetting the likes of rev father obimma (ebube muonso).. even father the highly respected fr edeh that built Madonna university @okija, u can also remember the likes of the late fr tansi, archbishop obiefuna ..during festive periods like Christmas and new year eve most of my Pentecostal and Anglican friends do follow me to crossover nights in the Catholic Church.. not forgetting the events of the popular August meeting where Catholic mothers do showcase thier wealth and authority ..the point is that the Catholics are the major inhabitants in Anambra there is no point arguing that even most of anambra indigenes living abroad and outside the states claiming to be Pentecostals still go back to their catholic roots whenever they travel home to their villages

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by 9jaRealist: 2:48am On Apr 26, 2021
EcoBrick:

https://thenationonlineng.net/anambra-2021-aspirants-play-religious-card/

One of the reasons I mock delusional folks who think separation will resolve Nigeria’s problems...
Reality is if we cannot manage diversity, then only 200 million separate nations will satisfy all Nigerians!

>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by CaptainAyub: 2:50am On Apr 26, 2021
athaboi:
what type of English you dey speak?? Na singaporean English
No vex,just take panadol after reading, u hear?
Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by CaptainAyub: 2:54am On Apr 26, 2021
semyman:
It is the height of sickening ignorance when a group of drug addicts with fetish powers think they are up to the NA, it makes me shudder how IQ value has dropped so drastically in this country, the disgusting part is comparing themselves with ISWAP & Boko haram, most saddening is that some of these deranged sub-humans are supported by many educated folks.

ISWAP & Boko have several advantages no insurgent in the SE has which is Geography.
ISWAP has freedom to operate in 4 countries, having space is the best leverage every adversary needs to prolong a war. As you move about in your space, you avoid your adversary, you gain access to supplies, you enjoy ambush & several hit & run tactics, SE hasn't that Luxury & Ojukwu realized it very late, Ojukwu actually thought he could do more with Niger delta corridor but Alas reality dawned on him too late.

Nigeria wont fight these drug addicts with more than 2 battalions, the reason is very simple. SE is too small a space, NA TRADOC hasn't changed much from the last civil war so I expect the return of the "Choke" tactics. So the noise about opening another war front is mere idle talk. With advanced surveillance & aerial rapid response, they can achieve it with less.

Cut off Ebonyi/Kogi corridor, Abia/Akwaibom corridor, Imo/rivers corridor and choke everything inside, the civilian population will be so uncomfortable till they give up these guys, as months pass by, these blockade will keep collapsing to a point where these guys will be denied every freedom of movement, once you cant move freely, get resupplied, the battle is over.

Besides, unlike ISWAP and BHT that foughtNigeriaMilitary with outdated equipments, ESN will be starting an insurgency when Nigeria is getting its first supersonic 4th Generation fighter jets...JF-17 and the all utility Super Tucanos.

One thing is guaranteed, there will be so many collateral damage so those clapping for them should be ready, all is fair in Love & war, nobody is truly innocent.
U C
All this long epistle for wetin no concern you?
Y cry more than the bereaved?
SMH

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by 9jaRealist: 2:56am On Apr 26, 2021
AsomughaChuks05:
This post is rubbish. There is no discrimination of any denomination in Anambra politics. Anambra is the most religious tolerant state in the east. A Catholic governor usually goes with an Anglican/Pentecostal deputy in Anambra unlike what obtains in Enugu state for instance where Catholics occupy both governor and deputy governor positions and yet no body is making a fuss about that. Guess Anambra news sell better.

You seem to think that’s “progressive”?
What does it matter HOW they worship the SAME deity?

How does that affect their job competence?
Instead of merit, we elevate ephemeral things and then ponder why Nigeria is a dysfunctional s/hole!
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by OyinO: 2:58am On Apr 26, 2021
Penguin2:

Nigeria should be their playground. But it seems we have cowards for Bishops in Nigeria.

I hate cowards.

You're already a coward for being in the church. Now you want to turn your Roman Catholic Church Bishops to terrorists overnight.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by CaptainAyub: 3:00am On Apr 26, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

Even Ebonyi too

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: Aspirants Play Religious Card by wingmanIII: 3:02am On Apr 26, 2021
Penguin2:

I hate cowards.

Not true. Catholic Bishops and clergy have always spoken out against bad government.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom APC Rally To Honour Victims Of 2015 Elections (Pics) / Buhari More Interested In Humiliating Our Members - PDP Cries Out / Obiano's Arrest: CACOL Hails EFCC, Urges Them Not To Leave Any Stone Unturned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.