Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections (1051 Views)

NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance / Inec To Pay Corpers 32,000 For Elections / Prospective Nysc Corpers Batch C ( November) (2) (3) (4)

NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by meine: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
If the messages being circulated among youth corpers VIA twitter, Blackberry and SMS is anything to go by, the Governship elections may not hold on Tuesday as scheduled. My couzin who is a youth corper received one these messages and it goes like this

"Ukeoma was a Corper in Bauchi until monday when he paid the ultimate sacrifice to protect our democracy. he ran to a police station when he was being chased now he has been confirmed dead!!!

His fellow corpers sent this:

FELLOW CORPERS,we have been killed/butchered like suya meat,maimed all cos
of the elections,nobody is saying anything about it!Another election is
coming up on tuesday(26th april),they would still want to use US without
still saying anything and some of us r still stranded in the north,maybe
this time they will SLAUGHTER THEM ALL if we don't do something. We urge
every CORPER to BOYCOTT tuesday(26th april)Elections!DO NOT LEAVE YOUR
HOUSES,No more CDS or Meetings!until FG removes every SINGLE CORPER(dead or
alive)from the NORTH and reform NYSC. Don't think cos u r not there,those r
our brothers/sisters/friends/children out there, they(FG)Have from Now
till monday to do that! PARENTS and kind hearted NIGERIANS Pls
SUPPORT/ENDORSE this CAUSE. Pls RE-BROADCAST,paste on Facebook,send as
sms,tweet it till FG gets the message!what we signed up for was "UNDER THE SUN AND
IN THE RAIN" not in "TEARS AND BLOOD & MUTILATED BODIES""
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by meine: 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
I am really feeling bad for the youths who have lost their lives, i seriously think this NYSC scheme should be reviewed . For Christ sake dont force our youths to serve where they dont want to serve, it would have been a different scenario if there is a form of insurance or social security scheme to cover them in-case there is a mishap.
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by monkeyleg: 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
If the government cannot guarantee their safety, the I am in full support of the boycott. Where are the unions? they should be championing the cause of the young men and women
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by ogaemma: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
you have my support. if our votes should count,then the lives of our youth corpers must count.they are the future leaders of this country.
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by Ystranger: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2011
ogaemma:

you have my support. if our votes should count,then the lives of our youth corpers must count.t[b]hey are the future leaders of this country.[/b]

Future looters ediot!

All corpers are scammers.
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by meine: 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2011
Ystranger:

Future looters ediot!

All corpers are scammers.

Your situation is Pathetic, they should continue to kill the innocent guys abi?
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by Ystranger: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2011
meine:

Your situation is Pathetic, they should continue to kill the innocent guys abi?

They get paid, dont they?

All jobs are risky, NO?

If you look at the ratio killed to not-killed, you'd agree with me that being a corper is a far safer job than being a truck driver for example. Yet, no one has deemed it necessary to make any noise about the precariousness of truck driving.

You all are bunch of bigots c-u/m reetrads.
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2011
May boycott elections, are they mad? What are they still doing there. Everybody to your tents. If I were one of them, will definitely be in the comfort of my parents house now. What non sense. angry angry angry
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by kodewrita(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2011
You are an e-diot.

Ystranger:

They get paid, dont they?

All jobs are risky, NO?

If you look at the ratio killed to not-killed, you'd agree with me that being a corper is a far safer job than being a truck driver for example. Yet, no one has deemed it necessary to make any noise about the precariousness of truck driving.

You all are bunch of bigots c-u/m reetrads.

You expect someone with limitless potential to risk his/her life for a paltry 15k salary for a government that will not save you when you call. Who gives a flying f**ck about truck drivers. thats a life choice they made. Corpers are forced by nigerian law to give a year for mostly useless activities.
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by Ystranger: 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2011
kodewrita:

You are an e-diot.

Y[b]ou expect someone with limitless potential to risk his/her life[/b] for a paltry 15k salary for a government that will not save you when you call. Who gives a flying f**ck about truck drivers. thats a life choice they made. Corpers are forced by nigerian law to give a year for mostly useless activities.

Common? Stop being melodramatic.
You think someone who majored in Igbo language or Sociology has limitless potential?

A graduate of Nassarawa State Univeisty/UNIBEN has limitless potential?

Common, take your head outta your arse for a second and think about what you just posted? So we shouldnt care when truckdrivers, with wives and children, get killed on our treacherous roads? So in your opinion, the life of a barely literate , lazy scammer c/u/m youth corper is worth more than a tax paying, hardworking, responsible truck driver, innit?

Bravo!

Bravo!!

Now clap for yourself.
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by karlken(m): 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
kodewrita:

You are an e-diot.

You expect someone with limitless potential to risk his/her life for a paltry 15k salary for a government that will not save you when you call. Who gives a flying f**ck about truck drivers. thats a life choice they made. Corpers are forced by nigerian law to give a year for mostly useless activities.
This Ystranger is a saddist and a devil incarnate! You sound like a suicide bomber trained by OBL(Osama bin ladin).
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by MrInfo1(m): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2011
I rmber GEJ's response about job security wen he was being interviewed by D'banj cry
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by kodewrita(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2011
Ystranger:

Common?  Stop being melodramatic.

A graduate of Nassarawa State Univeisty
/UNIBEN has limitless potential?

Common, take your head outta your arse for a second and think about what you just posted? So we shouldnt care when truckdrivers, with wives and children, get killed on our treacherous roads? So in your opinion, the life of a barely literate , lazy scammer c/u/m youth corper is worth more than a tax paying, hardworking, responsible truck driver, innit?

Bravo!

Bravo!!

Now clap for yourself.

You think someone who majored in Igbo language or Sociology has limitless potential?

A graduate of Nassarawa State Univeisty
A geologist friend from there happens to be one of the best young geologists I have personally met. Works as a highly paid petroleum geologist now and the bulk of the people that work in the oil industry are actually recruited from UNIBEN,FUTO, UNIPORT in that order. the rest come from the southwest. As such your country runs on the sweat of UNIBEN graduates. (Am not one. I schooled in the SW).

A truck driver is not constrained by law to drive, HE CHOOSES TO DO SO. A corper is forced usually against their will to serve. Give the corper a chance to work immediately after school and he'll pay tax.

Oh definitely, if they know the way. I have family friends who studied languages and currently work for NGOs. There are people working for google and european consulting firms who handle translation services and are very highly paid. If you were an interpreter for UNICEF, you would be paid real big bucks.
Besides they serve a useful purpose.

Besides there's no point having censuses, since you feel our sociologists are unimportant. You probably failed those courses in the past anyway. explains why you are not open-minded enough to realise the true purpose of a university.

I seriously suspect you are a dropout. I guess the system failed you. That seems to explain the vile way you have approached this topic. [quote][/quote]
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by Ystranger: 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2011
^^

I agree I am a drop-out.

As a matter of fact, I dropped out of HS after failing sociology. Happy now?
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by Chubhie: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2011
The ystranger am still tryn to figure out how your mind works. What could be the motivation behind the way you see things? Only you can tell yourself the truth but please keep those animalistic thoughts to yourself. This is a public forum. You may never know the effects of what you say on the streets. Please take this as a friendly advice.
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by sartorius(m): 5:46pm On Apr 23, 2011
Don't argue with a fool(y-stranger) cos it wud be hard to differentiate,he enjoys ur attention.
Re: NYSC Corpers May Boycott Governorship Elections by dempeople(m): 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2011
@ YStranger,

Thread after thread after thread, you continue to indulge in a series of mountainous gaffes. You've indeed become very notorious on this forum as decent posters tend to either avoid you like the plague or rebuke you. However you seem to enjoy this, I do not know. You've already made a very negative impression of yourself on this thread even to posters you just met here.

A thread was started about you concerning your mockery of the dead in the north. My knowledge of your gaffes then, where quite limited until I came to know your kind.

You must be really miserable, a person. Change is necessary for if this is the attitude and behaviour you exhibit in real life then you may as well, enjoy a static point throughout life.

Once again, change your ways for your own good.

17 Fake NYSC Members Arrested: 9 Males, 8 Females.⁠ / Benue State University NYSC Callup. Numbers For Batchc 2014 Out Today / Nysc Online Payment

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52