Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers (784 Views)

Irate Ijaw Youths Kill Army Commander, Soldiers In Delta / Mohammed Barack, Army Commander Killed On His Way To Bauchi / Soldier In Borno Kills Army Captain, 4 Others, Then Kills Himself (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by obembet(f): 7:19am On Apr 26, 2021
The insurgents reportedly disguised as friendly troops to enter the fortified headquarters of the powerful 156 Task Force Battalion in Mainok.

breached a crucial military base in Borno, killing a commander and at least thirty soldiers.

Information shared to journalists by military sources said the insurgents disguised as friendly troops to enter the fortified headquarters of the powerful 156 Task Force Battalion in Mainok.

Military sources said the timing of the attack raised suspicions that internal military activities, especially communication signals, might have been leaked to the insurgents.

A military spokesman did not immediately return a request seeking comments about the attack, which was still reportedly ongoing as of late Sunday.

Crucial military hardware was also targeted and destroyed by the terrorists in yet another devastating development for Nigerian forces who have been on the frontlines against the dreaded sect since 2009.

At least 50 troops have reportedly abandoned the battalion to another military location nearby, with more feared to be lost in the bush.

The battalion’s commander was a lieutenant-colonel and his identity has been withheld by Peoples Gazette until proper notification of his family by the military.

The attack came as Nigerian forces were striving to dislodge the terrorists from Geidam, a large town in the neighbouring Yobe that was overrun last week.

The new army chief Ibrahim Attahiru had vowed to take the fight to the insurgents and ordered the bombing of their hideouts in recent weeks to prevent attacks and end the decades-long campaign.

Source: https://twitter.com/GazetteNGR/status/1386475903572656132?s=19

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by PlayMaker14: 7:22am On Apr 26, 2021
Dem go come South East dey form Floyd Mayweather, but when they return to their house, Boko Haram terrorists makes them look like Mr. Ibu.

It's equally ridiculous that Baba lifeless rehabilitate and throw a lavish party for these Boko Haram terrorists when they're caught.

Whatever happens in the North, let it remain in the North... We are okay with our "Goat" here, let the North chop their "Elephant".

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by paddyDIGITAL(m): 7:22am On Apr 26, 2021
Military sources said the timing of the attack raised suspicions that internal military activities, especially communication signals, might have been leaked to the insurgents.
It isn't a surprise.
Why wouldn't the communication signals leaked to the insurgents when we have terrorists taking up strategic positions in government.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by Anfield247(m): 7:24am On Apr 26, 2021
Na them them! abeg make we commot body oh!
Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 26, 2021
God, have mercy
Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by donbachi(m): 7:37am On Apr 26, 2021
My younger bro,so much love the military.dat he has always wished to join it..just recently,i called him.to know if he is still interest to attend NDA.he screamed "GOD forbid,e be like u no like again".
Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by ictjobber: 7:39am On Apr 26, 2021
No surprise whatsoever here.
When Nigeria ready to Win Boko Haram we go know.. Until then e go be normal levels

obembet:

Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by Mightyhaiz: 7:41am On Apr 26, 2021
paddyDIGITAL:

Why wouldn't the communication signals leaked to the insurgents when we have terrorists taking up strategic positions in government.
i just tire..

this terroristic govt is bent on destroying everything
Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by 3gpvids: 7:46am On Apr 26, 2021
Same news new op smh

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 26, 2021
Someone said these are soft targets lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by mysticwarrior(m): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2021
boko haram Has been killing colonels and Generals while Aso Rocks remain silent about these killings, its a pity.
Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by Khd95(m): 9:09am On Apr 26, 2021
boko haram is already avenging for that TORTURED TO DEATH ESN OPERATIVE shocked

where is buahris online vultures to come and defend his cluelessness and brazen failure grin

shame on NA
Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by Khd95(m): 9:10am On Apr 26, 2021
donbachi:
My younger bro,so much love the military.dat he has always wished to join it..just recently,i called him.to know if he is still interest to attend NDA.he screamed "GOD forbid,e be like u no like again".
WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, I WANTED TO JOIN THE NIGERIAN ARMY WHEN I READ ABOUT THEIR EXPLOITS IN PEACE KEEPING OPERATIONS AROUND THE WORLD, I SO MUCH LOVED THE ARMY THEN THAT I COULDNT HARDLY GO A DAY WITHOUT OPENING GOOGLE MAP TO SEARCH FOR ''NIGERIAN SOLDIERS, NIGERIAN SPECIAL FORCES'' ETC

NO BODY TELL ME BEFORE I GIVE MY SELF SENSES, LAST MONTH MY ELDER BROTHER SENT ME LINK TO REGISTER FOR NIGERIAN AIRFORCE RECRUITMENT, I NO EVEN BOTHER REPLY AM

I HAVE BEEN LET DOWN BY MY COUNTRY AND THE ARMED FORCES THAT I SUPPOSED TO PROTECT MY COUNTR
Re: Boko Haram Overruns Battalion Headquarters, Kills Army Commander, 30 Soldiers by Reelz: 9:42am On Apr 26, 2021
if you go through all these and still believe that there is no sabotage within the military or government, then you are a terrorist sympathizer. Also for those who support this useless terrorists, may you meet your own death in the most inhumane n gruesome manner.
RIP GALLANT SOLDIERS.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Question: Meat From A Human Is Called ? / Lady Reveals What Her Boyfriend Made Her Do For Urgent 2K [Photos] / Enugu: Water On Wheels Is Not Reliable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.