Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year (13644 Views)

Employers May Lay Off Workers Amid Worsening Economy – NECA / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Andela Sacks 420 Staff In Nigeria, Kenya And Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by InvertedHammer: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
/
Interesting!

Considering that bank staff walk around the banks like demigods.

/

1 Like

Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by FiverrTutor(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
Coldie:
Fake news

I can see critically that you're mad!!

Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by easzypeaszy(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Coldie:
Fake news
Useles person...i dont blame u...last week me and 10 othrs wer sacked
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by GeneralPula: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
FarahAideed:
Again I ask apart from growing our rank on the global Terrorism index what has Buhari done ? Name one sector where he has improved a single Stat?

Usa should top this list..

If only you know that the daily death rate happening in USA is more than every other country..
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Coldie(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
easzypeaszy:
Go back to the farm. Why is a strong youth like u doing bank work when we have so many opportunities in farming
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by MikeMicheal(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
easzypeaszy:
The sack reach your side? nawa oooo
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by obonujoker(m): 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Bank job na job?
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by FarahAideed: 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
GeneralPula:

Usa should top this list..

If only you know that the daily death rate happening in USA is more than every other country..

Seems you are satisfied with the insecurity in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Vaughanlanrewaj: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
FarahAideed:
Again I ask apart from growing our rank on the global Terrorism index what has Buhari done ? Name one sector where he has improved a single Stat?
I can see that Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Italy, Russia and other brute nations where drug lords and oligarchs rule are not there just because their obsession is on Nigeria and to embellish the stereotype that Africa is bad.
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by damiloladuke: 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by purplekayc(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2021
Which banks
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by BigBashiru: 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2021
ogododo:

https://leadership.ng/banks-lay-off-8584-staff-in-1yr/?

This overhyped "profession" that goes by the fancy name "banking". Banking refers to the marketing and selling of loans to individuals and corporate bodies on a strictly commercial basis (no pity loan)....

It would be more beneficial to be tracking number of workers in healthcare industry since that's more useful....
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Cnach: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2021
ogododo:
Just like Warri dey empty now.
Lalasticlala.
As as how nah?
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by RichAbujaGuy: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2021
hmm, i just read that Fidelity Bank is chopping big plates of meat, rice, and yams

Fidelity Bank Plc profit surges by 64% to N9.6 billion in Q1 2021.
27 April 2021 Banking

https://stocks.nairametrics.com/2021/04/27/fidelity-bank-plc-profit-surges-by-64-to-n9-6-billion-in-q1-2021/

Fidelity Bank Plc released its unaudited results for the first quarter of the year (Q1, 2021).

Net interest income for the period was N28.8 billion. (+17.1% YoY)
Net fee and commission income of N4.17 billion. (+4% YoY)
Operating expenses totaled N22.96 billion. (+6.2% YoY)
Profit for the period was N9.6 billion (+63.7% YoY)
Earnings per share of 33 kobo Vs 20 kobo YoY.
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Usorohtheman(m): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
post=101169259:

You've said it all.
Entrepreneurship is the way to go.
Everyone should always have something to fall back on in this world we live right now.
All the best.

Entrepreneurship?

Where is the capital?

1 Like

Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Usorohtheman(m): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I can see that Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Italy, Russia and other brute nations where drug lords and oligarchs rule are not there just because their obsession is on Nigeria and to embellish the stereotype that Africa is bad.

Why are you very sentimental?

What about the other countries there?

Are you a kid?
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by smasher1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
ogododo:
Lalasticlala.

Why Warri dey empty? Where the people dey go?

1 Like

Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Vaughanlanrewaj: 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
Usorohtheman:

Why are you very sentimental?

What about the other countries there?

Are you a kid?
Your question gave you away and I hate to disappoint you, I will be sentimental about my country. It is the hallmark of patriotism. Some countries up to now lost and still losing almost a million people to death from covid-19 because they have incompetent leaders and health system that are exaggerated; none of them made the list and you are not clear headed enough to query the basis of not including those countries and the Mexico, Russia, Columbia of this world?
I know from your name that there's a high probability that you are among them still sulking and hating on PMB for defeating your son and he is Muslim and Fulani. When you run down Nigeria, you are doing yourself not Buhari sir.
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by geezynoni: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
Bedrooomsecret:
Too bad.
This is the reason why students now see education as scam. I spoke with some secondary students to read for their exams. Their response was " Last last, we will carry keke or do yahoo yahoo"
I won't blame them, that's the reality of the country we found ourselves.
Failed Country!
Selfish and Corrupt leaders!
Getting a job seems impossible for the common man.
Intentionally making the people suffer cry

There are peeps getting jobs out there..na by God's grace.
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Usorohtheman(m): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Your question gave you away and I hate to disappoint you, I will be sentimental about my country. It is the hallmark of patriotism. Some countries up to now lost and still losing almost a million people to death from covid-19 because they have incompetent leaders and health system that are exaggerated; none of them made the list and you are not clear headed enough to query the basis of not including those countries and the Mexico, Russia, Columbia of this world?
I know from your name that there's a high probability that you are among them still sulking and hating on PMB for defeating your son and he is Muslim and Fulani. When you run down Nigeria, you are doing yourself not Buhari sir.

Lol ... Whosoever is ruling the country is none of my business. My business is the welfare of humanity.

Humanity above everything.
Think ethically.

People are suffering and smiling and it is getting worst.
More people are getting educated and the people will no longer be intimidated if things are not done rightly in this country.

If other countries choose to be quiet, Nigerians especially we, the Southerners, that have decided to be educated will put a stop to all this sentimental ways of thinking from you lots that are benefitting from the government.
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
ugochukwufrenzy:
pos is gradually phasing out bank cashier's..time will come when only customer care and security will be left at banks

Nowadays, banks in my area will even ask you to go and use POS... Also, they intentionally refuse to load their ATMs with cash and when you come, they just direct you to the nearest POS close by (I no know if na then get those POS centres sef)

Especially UBA and Zenith banks that always have multiple non-functioning ATMs at their branches
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2021
ogododo:
Lalasticlala.

I dey reason to come warri for Christmas. Make i nor near there abi?

Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2021
I laff when people say POS will phase out banks; THERE'S A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BANK AND A POS STAND

WELL, YOU CAN ONLY FIND SUCH A SCENARIO IN NAIJA where citizens believe in pos stands more than banks.

Other nations are talking about banks, we are talking about POS!!

2 Likes

Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

Nowadays, banks in my area will even ask you to go and use POS... Also, they intentionally refuse to load their ATMs with cash and when you come, they just direct you to the nearest POS close by (I no know if na then get those POS centres sef)

Especially UBA and Zenith banks that always have multiple non-functioning ATMs at their branches
That's corruption; POS shouldn't be competing with banks at all; it's embarrassing

POS is supposed to be for cashless payment for goods and services but not any more.
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Durklil: 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2021
Really
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by maasoap(m): 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2021
FarahAideed:
Again I ask apart from growing our rank on the global Terrorism index what has Buhari done? Name one sector where he has improved a single Stat?

Transport sector.

Even your banks that are laying off workers are still declaring huge profit after tax, even with the covid-19 pandemic. They're deceiving you.
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by maasoap(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
ngadaAwo:
it shall never be well with Buhari supporters in Jesus mighty name I pray

Amen

Lol. The question is: has it been well for you and your family members?
Are Nigeria banks not declaring huge profits like never before? Was Buhari the one who caused pandemic? You need to get your brain checked
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by koolaid87: 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
More to come as the world is marching towards decentralized finance.
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by 9jaRealist: 9:16am On Apr 28, 2021
ogododo:

https://leadership.ng/banks-lay-off-8584-staff-in-1yr/?

That the number of banks’ staff “reduced” does NOT mean they were laid off or dismissed...
Not least because banks in Nigeria CANNOT lay off staff without CBN approval (a DUMB rule btw).

>
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by ogododo: 9:19am On Apr 28, 2021
smasher1:

Why Warri dey empty? Where the people dey go?
Oil no dey flow again, Ogunu, Edjeba don empty!
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by Skillsnigeria: 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2021
hmmm
Re: Banks Lay Off 8,584 Staff In A Year by smasher1(m): 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2021
ogododo:

Oil no dey flow again, Ogunu, Edjeba don empty!

Okay.

(1) (2) (Reply)

: The Fate Of A Physics Graduate! / Petroleum Agency Boss Komolafe Cancels 60th Birthday Celebration Over Economy / MTN Ad-hoc Staff,should I Continue Or Quit??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.